Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my dirty old keyboard

Default Re: my dirty old keyboard

My keyboard's black, and theres white sentiments on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    My keyboard's black, and theres white sentiments on it.
    what is white sentiments? dirt? tears?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    what is white sentiments? dirt? tears?
    Oops, haha, SEDIMENTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Oops, haha, SEDIMENTS.
    dandruff?

There was once when I tried to clean my keyboard keys one by one. Dismantle the whole board, only to see alot of dirt, hairs are trapped below the keys..
    Super disgusting.

After that, I told myself not to bite my finger after using other people keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShell
    There was once when I tried to clean my keyboard keys one by one. Dismantle the whole board, only to see alot of dirt, hairs are trapped below the keys..
    Super disgusting.

After that, I told myself not to bite my finger after using other people keyboard.
    generally it is advisable not to bite your fingers at all! unless u carry a packet of wet ones with you all the time and clean your hands frequently.

A little OT, but there's a NMB usb keyboard going for S$8 at Bell Systems (Sim Lim Square, 5th storey).

So if you feel lazy to clean your keyboard, you can always buy one new piece for less than S$10. Heh...

That's what I'm using now.. It replaced it's older brother (the AT version of the same keyboard) which went through nearly a decade of service with not a single faded/ worn-off key.
    I'm quite surprised at the price at which the kb is being sold because NMB keyboards are really durable. The older keyboard actually stated that NMB warranties the laser-etched keys for life.. LOL..

So.. $8 gets you a new keyboard.. Affordable and you can probably change your keyboard every month!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    A little OT, but there's a NMB usb keyboard going for S$8 at Bell Systems (Sim Lim Square, 5th storey).

So if you feel lazy to clean your keyboard, you can always buy one new piece for less than S$10. Heh...

That's what I'm using now.. It replaced it's older brother (the AT version of the same keyboard) which went through nearly a decade of service with not a single faded/ worn-off key.
    I'm quite surprised at the price at which the kb is being sold because NMB keyboards are really durable. The older keyboard actually stated that NMB warranties the laser-etched keys for life.. LOL..

So.. $8 gets you a new keyboard.. Affordable and you can probably change your keyboard every month!
    $8 only?! that's cheap! changing the keyboard every month is a bit of a luxury. i think i'll change mine every 6 months or so.

Actually i rem someone did some testing and found bacteria levels on keyboard to be 1000 times of that found on public toilt bowl seats
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    Actually i rem someone did some testing and found bacteria levels on keyboard to be 1000 times of that found on public toilt bowl seats
    Oh My God! What am I doing? Eeekkkss!

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter
    no wonder there are so many flu outbreaks these days!

hm.. well every time my mom comes around me with a valcume cleaner..
    well kinda use it to try to suck the stuff ..

Quote Originally Posted by ben77
    hm.. well every time my mom comes around me with a valcume cleaner..
    well kinda use it to try to suck the stuff ..
    lucky for u she doesn't make u clean ur own keyboard....or she prolly suspects u never will!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123