Thread: Wide Angle Converter and Phayee Adapter

Default Wide Angle Converter and Phayee Adapter

I'm looking around for a wide angle converter and currently using Phayee Adapter on my FZ20

Kinda interested in this raynox 0.66x wide angle converter that has a 52mm. Wondering if such a combination would have vignetting?

Or would I be better off getting an 0.7 or 0.8 oly converter with 62mm or 55mm thread?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Wide Angle Converter and Phayee Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by jaix
    I'm looking around for a wide angle converter and currently using Phayee Adapter on my FZ20

Kinda interested in this raynox 0.66x wide angle converter that has a 52mm. Wondering if such a combination would have vignetting?

Or would I be better off getting an 0.7 or 0.8 oly converter with 62mm or 55mm thread?

Thanks in advance!
    I've updated FAQ thread to include Wide Angle lens, it is under item 12, couple of useful links that you can follow...

i tried on the 0.5X from raydawn on my fz20, the result... disappointing with barrel distorsion. at the end i hav decided not to go for wide angle anymore, wait until i switch to dslr, haha

Quote Originally Posted by JimDavis
    I've updated FAQ thread to include Wide Angle lens, it is under item 12, couple of useful links that you can follow...
    Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeshion
    i tried on the 0.5X from raydawn on my fz20, the result... disappointing with barrel distorsion. at the end i hav decided not to go for wide angle anymore, wait until i switch to dslr, haha
    I read pretty mixed reviews on wide angle converters... so yup... the same thing did cross my mind (ie wait till switch to dslr)... but currently love my fz20 too much... and more importantly... no money lar...

Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by jaix
    I read pretty mixed reviews on wide angle converters... so yup... the same thing did cross my mind (ie wait till switch to dslr)... but currently love my fz20 too much... and more importantly... no money lar...
    just stay with 35mm, and take few more steps backward then u can get 'wider' angle, but without the 'deep-in' effect. this is how i settled my anxiety to the convertor, and stop poisonning myself....

Quote Originally Posted by cheeshion
    just stay with 35mm, and take few more steps backward then u can get 'wider' angle, but without the 'deep-in' effect. this is how i settled my anxiety to the convertor, and stop poisonning myself....
    I got 'poisoned' again when I saw dominator's post selling a WCON 08... (see link above).

hav u get ur wide angle convertor???? try to post some samples.... mayb i will get one... haha