Thread: Lens price in Beijing

Default Lens price in Beijing

Hi guys,

Is the ZD lens cheaper in Beijing compare to Singapore?
    If it is cheaper, anyone know the shop location?

Thanks!

Default Re: Lens price in Beijing

i dun think cameras and lenses price is competitive in China...if not, why are the camera
    shops in HK always "flooded" with the mainland ppl ?

Default Lens price in HK

So is it cheaper in HK?
    Will Oly warranty valid if we bought the lens overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez
    i dun think cameras and lenses price is competitive in China...if not, why are the camera
    shops in HK always "flooded" with the mainland ppl ?

I tot Olympus warranty is international... ???

Quote Originally Posted by harmony
    I tot Olympus warranty is international... ???
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by disclog
    Hi guys,

Is the ZD lens cheaper in Beijing compare to Singapore?
    If it is cheaper, anyone know the shop location?

Thanks!
    Juz came back from Shanghai. E500 with 14-45 kit lens is SGD1,700. Generally, imported electronic goods are more expensive. Though E300 and E500 are made in China, they're still expensive. But the 50-200 is selling at SGD1,700. All before discount.

Quote Originally Posted by puny
    Juz came back from Shanghai. E500 with 14-45 kit lens is SGD1,700. Generally, imported electronic goods are more expensive. Though E300 and E500 are made in China, they're still expensive. But the 50-200 is selling at SGD1,700. All before discount.
    Thanks for sharing.

Hmmm...locally, I wonder if there will be much different with the 'impending price revision' I hear so much about.

Anyone got further news?

50-200 at SGD1700? How can it be so expensive in shanghai? My 50-200 is bought at SGD1380 in guangzhou.

well, its shanghai!!! everything's prolly hiked up there just like london's more exp then the rest

Quote Originally Posted by halbert
    50-200 at SGD1700? How can it be so expensive in shanghai? My 50-200 is bought at SGD1380 in guangzhou.
    That's a very good buy. Well, that's the price tag on it. I suppose it can be discounted further but i didn't ask.

hey which shop in shanghai did u see the E500? Can share the name of the shop or shopping centre?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by say123
    hey which shop in shanghai did u see the E500? Can share the name of the shop or shopping centre?
    thanks!
    Didn't note down the shop name but it's along Nanjing Road. The shop only carries cameras and is just at the junction. I think it's about 10 minutes walk from the Bund side. If I'm not wrong the cross junction road is Suzhou Rd.

Didn't note down the shop name but it's along Nanjing Road. The shop only carries cameras and is just at the junction. I think it's about 10 minutes walk from the Bund side. If I'm not wrong the cross junction road is Suzhou Rd.
    thanks for the info! the bund is quite long u know.. got the intersection then easy to find.
    must have missed the shop when i am in shanghai.

anyway, anyone can recommend any good and reputable oly shop in hongkong or had any good experince in buying in a particular shop there? in the main city area where the price is good as compared to the local shops there. preferably got the whole address and road name too. Thanks!
    Last edited by say123; 6th December 2005 at 06:15 PM.

So anyone has any idea where to get good price in BJ since this turned into a Lens price in SH there

No one seems to be selling 50mm so i may just a new piece here in BJ.