Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the man ......

Default Re: This is the man ......

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    Cassandra, send that guy an e-mail with the most potent virus.....
    Then she'll be in trouble with the law herself silly...

good try ...if he is a hacker, he probably writes his own virus or spyware and resides in her system ..stalking her day and night

Hey man, u ever heard of the term 'phishing'?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I think this guy is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    good try ...if he is a hacker, he probably writes his own virus or spyware and resides in her system ..stalking her day and night
    It depends actually. Some are actually good enought to write their own software. Others rely on stuff from the net or from you friendly neighbourhood uncle's CD shop... Fast food style...

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hey man, u ever heard of the term 'phishing'?
    nope...enlighten me pls

Nah... these so-called hackers are merely script kiddies... They just download their stuff off the net and run them and claim themselves to be 'hackers' when they prolly have no knowledge of what they are doing.

Anyway, Cassandra has her logs right?

Nah... these so-called hackers are merely script kiddies... They just download their stuff off the net and run them and claim themselves to be 'hackers' when they prolly have no knowledge of what they are doing.

Anyway, Cassandra has her logs right?
    yup...which explains why when she found out ...she 'closed down' her blog....I am just 'impressed' or amazed the doer can leave a permanent message at her old blog

you may be right .... possible sabotage ? but if it is not, then he clearly wants attention to be known as the one who hacked her site

nope...enlighten me pls
    In short, "Masquarading ur real identity and putting other ppl's identity as a cover"

yup...which explains why when she found out ...she 'closed down' her blog....I am just 'impressed' or amazed the doer can leave a permanent message at her old blog

you may be right .... possible sabotage ? but if it is not, then he clearly wants attention to be known as the one who hacked her site
    Lemme guess, she din secure her computer which already has a rootkit and keylogger running.

Juz tell her to reformat her computer! ARGH~~~

In short, "Masquarading ur real identity and putting other ppl's identity as a cover"
    but he'll still have to open that mail acc to view the mail.....err if that is your point.

*sigh* ...the email address could be vincent liaw but he could be known by another name...thats the problem with email addy..you can call it whatever you want

hmm...this case also show how sofiscated crimes are thesedays...the internet so big...not like our tiny island of Singapore...

I feel that this guy got the email and password from somewhere your friend had been subscribed to online. I must say that it's a user's responsibility to understand how to be secured by changing or use a different ID and password for each service sign up, or risk being stalked.

The challenge for users are remembering passwords, and there are simply no better choice then using the same password in every sites. Security is everyone's responsibility. That guy can be caught easily if the blog site have a log for ip address audit for your info. It depends on how much damage it had done before the authority came into play.

Sorry to say this as this is pretty a common cyber crime that are mostly ignored. If a cyber crime concerns money or reputation, the individual can open a case with the authorise IT controller of the country.

Hope this helps to educate abit.

but he'll still have to open that mail acc to view the mail.....err if that is your point.
    It can be a pure sabotage attempt to destroy a innocent chap cos typically ppl would take information at face value... assuming if that's the case, Vincent is the culprit and he gets arrested whilst the real chap gets away scot free, luffing away at the fate of this poor chap.

Alternatively, if this guy's good as hell, he prolly have this Vincent's computer under his thumb as well.

There's just so much possibilities.

But den again, instead of letting this craziness go on, juz tell Cass to reformat her PC, secure it and everything's done. Sigh....

its probably an easy hack where the "hacker" guessed the girl's password. i learned this since 6th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    its probably an easy hack where the "hacker" guessed the girl's password. i learned this since 6th grade.
    easiest off the book... for girls...

chocolate
    strawberry
    iloveu
    forever

think i can go on & on & on... oh ya... just add numbers in front, either year or day can liao... as simple as abc... hehehehehe....
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

on the contrary, hackers and virus writers are very different, with the exceptions of writing backdoor trojans for future access into a penetrated network.

possible ....'good' hackers could be heading some IT security unit in some big organisation now .... or is it to prevent future havoc to mankind ?
    I guess u're right, in a way. Good hackers hack into bad hackers' systems, right? Well, generally, hacking is seldom 'good'. The minimal harm u do will be invasion of privacy ... i won't go into how much damage u can do

The term hacker is actually a positive one. They are software engineers who are suppose to find bugs in programs. Cracker is the negative opposite.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast