Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: About street photography..

  1. #1

    Default About street photography..

    if u see a kid on the street, and you wanted to take a picture of him/her, but the parents are busy looking at other things.. and you are thinking "my gosh! this angle take very nice.. especially when he/she is running like that!" and when you finally take the shot, his/her parents saw you and got very angry. and demanded that you to take out the negatives and destroy it in front of them.. but other than the kid's picture, you have other plentiful of super fantastic shots in that roll of film..

    what would u do??

  2. #2

    Default

    Basically they have no rights to do that, you owned the copyright of any images taken by you in a public area. If they get angry and smashed your camera, GREAT!! You can get a new cam!

    Unless it's an upskirt shots...


    Hrm, I remeber reading an article about such issue somewhere, on Newpaper, I think...
    Last edited by togu; 1st November 2002 at 11:41 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    oh! ok thanks

    and also, how do u approach people for photo-taking? how do u judge if they are the willing kind of people who allow me to shoot? cos i scared when there is alot of people looking, and i ask the parent, but he/she say NO! then very malu.. haha...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    In that case, u must have done something ugly, otherwise I dun see y the parents shall be angry with u? A smile of appreciation from heart is easily identified. btw, dun shoot when ppl get upset.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by tomshen
    In that case, u must have done something ugly, otherwise I dun see y the parents shall be angry with u? A smile of appreciation from heart is easily identified. btw, dun shoot when ppl get upset.
    "Your kid is ssooooooooooooo cuuuuuteeee. Can I take a picture of him/her?"

    Regards
    CK

  6. #6

    Default

    There,

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=15191

    Take a look at ninelives's thread.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    "Your kid is ssooooooooooooo cuuuuuteeee. Can I take a picture of him/her?"

    Regards
    CK
    Sounds like a potential kidnapper to me

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Some parents indeed can be very protective. Well, can't blame them though. With so many horrible news about pedophilia cases (child molesting, child abducters, murders, etc) dominating the news media these days, parents cannot be too careful. Therefore, I personally think it would be advisable, to have a female companion with you when you take the pictures. It is not a guarantee but it might help.

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by rty
    ...Therefore, I personally think it would be advisable, to have a female companion with you when you take the pictures. It is not a guarantee but it might help.
    That's the worst part, my wifey doesn't like photography and she won't allow me to bring any girlfriends along...


    Sob*

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by togu


    That's the worst part, my wifey doesn't like photography and she won't allow me to bring any girlfriends along...


    Sob*
    therefore, spouses interest is very important.

    agree?

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by behyx


    therefore, spouses interest is very important.

    agree?
    Two thumbs up!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore.
    Posts
    673

    Default

    some time i saw those very cute kids playing and i wanted to take my cam out but was afraid that the parent will give me panda eyes.......

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by jlpk007
    some time i saw those very cute kids playing and i wanted to take my cam out but was afraid that the parent will give me panda eyes.......
    same here.... and i am afraid to approach them too...

  14. #14
    kailord
    Guests

    Default

    pose as a tourist. do not speak any comprehensible language.

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by kailord
    pose as a tourist. do not speak any comprehensible language.
    alrite! err... very very casual clothing...
    and hang the cam around your neck..

  16. #16

    Default

    Originally posted by behyx


    alrite! err... very very casual clothing...
    and hang the cam around your neck..
    just do the "japanese stuff"

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by behyx
    therefore, spouses interest is very important. agree?
    Can't agree more. Applies to most things in life.

  18. #18
    kailord
    Guests

    Default

    u'll need "singapore is a fine city" or "merlion" t-shirt.
    bermudas would be fine, with sandals.
    if u have those tour group badges even better.

    or get one of the group members to pose as tourguide wielding flag.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •