Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: What can I do with Nokia?

  1. #21

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    i think his case is one off incident...i been using nokia since their 'banana' phone 8110 came on the market...and been on Nokia eversince, currently using 7610....no major disasterous problems so far.

    But i feel Nokia should give him a new change of phone since after servicing twice, it's still faulty.
    What phone are you using now?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  2. #22

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    SONY ERICSSON ROCKS!

    NOKIA SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!

    MOTOROLA WORKS SOMETIMES!

    SAMSUNG IS FOR SAMSENG!

    ALCATEL? THEY GOT MAKE HANDPHONE MEH?

    PANASONIC.....I THOUGHT THEY ONLY MANUFACTURE DVDS AND HI-FI SETS????

    SIEMENS.....GERMANS ARE ONLY GOOD IN BUILDING CARS LAR.

    MITSUBISHI.........EVO 8?

    Actually nowadays, all this technology last only a few months and max out a year. That is why those TELCOS is offering such fantastic deals but given out lemons........
    SE- sluggish response.
    Nokia - efficient but buggy
    Motorla - menu navigation is a disaster
    Sumsung - up and coming. juz wish they have some good features/offer on candybar design.

    the rest... no idea, never use before.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  3. #23

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    The more features you stuff into a phone, the greater likelihood something will break.
    But the nokia service center is really letting the ball drop with all the excuses they're giving.

    The question is: Are the service centers of other manufacturer's just as bad? or do they give excellent service?
    Work: PicasaWeb | Play: Animus3 | Mobile: Tumblr

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    i got a frd with the same problem on his 8800 !

    paid so much for a piece of rubbish!

  5. #25

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Sony Ericssion's is not too bad.... Send my phone in for repair. Although it took 3 days! They immediately provided a replacement phone.

    For Nokia, service sucks..... once send a phone in for repair. After shopping for 2 hours which was repair time. Came back to learn that they didnt repair it.... seems that not covered by warranty! For Nokia, nothing seems to be covered by warranty.

    Then another time, they claimed that they detected rust in the phone. This means that there is moisture in the phone. Which then means again warranty void for the whole phone. I was like huh?? I didnt drop my phone in the bath tub! The girl said "oh sometimes, if you put in your shirt and you perspire, you can get moisture in your phone too!" I was like huh??? so am I supposed to be faulted for pespirating??? Because in Nokia's clause, there is a line that says phones with moisture are void from warranty.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    SE- sluggish response.
    Nokia - efficient but buggy
    Motorla - menu navigation is a disaster
    Sumsung - up and coming. juz wish they have some good features/offer on candybar design.

    the rest... no idea, never use before.
    SE still ok la ... but trust me, use a K750i now and you'll notice the difference.

    Motorola - Been using for 2 years now. Rearrangeable menus (which i feel is useful). Menus are now no longer a disaster and i really love the rearrageable / customizable menu order feature

    Nokia -

    Samsung - Keypad tends to fail over time if you're a heavy SMSer ..

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by radedward
    The more features you stuff into a phone, the greater likelihood something will break.
    But the nokia service center is really letting the ball drop with all the excuses they're giving.

    The question is: Are the service centers of other manufacturer's just as bad? or do they give excellent service?
    Service centres are out sourced. So far, SE service centre and QoS is great. The same goes for motorola, though i had an incident with motorola service centre, where they literally scratched and cracked the lid of my few days old phone, they immediately replaced the entire flip for me on the spot, although they made me wait and apologised to me for the inconvenience caused.

    For nokia, I was even told once that at times, the technicians take a hell lot of time to repair a phone, especially flashy ones. Why? They say for "testing" ... when they actually take our phone out to use, but this has been debated before. Shan't go into details.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Sony Ericssion's is not too bad.... Send my phone in for repair. Although it took 3 days! They immediately provided a replacement phone.

    For Nokia, service sucks..... once send a phone in for repair. After shopping for 2 hours which was repair time. Came back to learn that they didnt repair it.... seems that not covered by warranty! For Nokia, nothing seems to be covered by warranty.

    Then another time, they claimed that they detected rust in the phone. This means that there is moisture in the phone. Which then means again warranty void for the whole phone. I was like huh?? I didnt drop my phone in the bath tub! The girl said "oh sometimes, if you put in your shirt and you perspire, you can get moisture in your phone too!" I was like huh??? so am I supposed to be faulted for pespirating??? Because in Nokia's clause, there is a line that says phones with moisture are void from warranty.
    Its a nokia. What do you expect ... i got the same reply after slamming the front desk that your design flaw = consumer have to pay to replace the part and let you make money? .. which i really feel is unfair.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    SE- sluggish response.
    Nokia - efficient but buggy
    Motorla - menu navigation is a disaster
    Sumsung - up and coming. juz wish they have some good features/offer on candybar design.

    the rest... no idea, never use before.
    Haha......thanks for renewing it. Only Sluggish response mar but at least no hang, no problem with incoming ringing tone.

    MOTOROLA - SPOT ON. NAVIGATION IS LIKE A MAZE........

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Service centres are out sourced. So far, SE service centre and QoS is great. The same goes for motorola, though i had an incident with motorola service centre, where they literally scratched and cracked the lid of my few days old phone, they immediately replaced the entire flip for me on the spot, although they made me wait and apologised to me for the inconvenience caused.

    For nokia, I was even told once that at times, the technicians take a hell lot of time to repair a phone, especially flashy ones. Why? They say for "testing" ... when they actually take our phone out to use, but this has been debated before. Shan't go into details.
    SE service centre is good. Only because there aren't as many SE users as the NOKIA's. So it's good for user like me if my phone has problems with it. So far I only need to sent once to the centre and they replace it with another phone while waiting for them to upgrade my firmware. Only took them a few hours....haha!

    I use to have the P800. Then upgraded to P900 and now using the P910i. Now awaiting for the top of the line, the P990!!! So far, only the P800 respone is slow. The rest of good!!!!

  11. #31

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    i got a frd with the same problem on his 8800 !

    paid so much for a piece of rubbish!
    wat happen to his 8800 ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  12. #32
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    SE- sluggish response.
    Nokia - efficient but buggy
    Motorla - menu navigation is a disaster
    Sumsung - up and coming. juz wish they have some good features/offer on candybar design.

    the rest... no idea, never use before.
    my beaten up SE P900 still working flawlessly.
    all older generations of nokia is tough, i remembered my 3210 sliding down a staircase and still working fine, but read alot abt current models CMI.
    Moto- never own one.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    SE service centre is good. Only because there aren't as many SE users as the NOKIA's. So it's good for user like me if my phone has problems with it. So far I only need to sent once to the centre and they replace it with another phone while waiting for them to upgrade my firmware. Only took them a few hours....haha!

    I use to have the P800. Then upgraded to P900 and now using the P910i. Now awaiting for the top of the line, the P990!!! So far, only the P800 respone is slow. The rest of good!!!!
    It also plays apart that SE listens to their customer base. SE customer base is growing as well, but they've done 1 important thing - firmware upgrade via their portal, which is something like what O2 is doing now. So that lessens the service centre load, for those who are not tech savvy, then its off to the service centre or like you, need something to be repaired / replaced and their turn around time is

    So far, my T610 and T68i still functions well, and both are first batch models.

    P800 is retro and yes its sluggish compared to the P9xx series. I'm using a Motorola symbian based phone which is not available in SG market, its pretty fast as well and i can run applications from the P800/P900 platform

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    my beaten up SE P900 still working flawlessly.
    all older generations of nokia is tough, i remembered my 3210 sliding down a staircase and still working fine, but read alot abt current models CMI.
    Moto- never own one.
    i can vouch for that .. SE damn steady! ... but darn .. the W900i is beckoning to me

  15. #35

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Had a T810. Dropped it countless times and it underwent such abuse that it was dented, scratched and all.... but the amazing thing? It lasted 2 and the half years without hanging or any problems at all.... Now using a Z800 but still keeping the T810 for emergencies.... Its a damn reliable phone!

  16. #36

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    i have use motorola v975 sometime back...

    maybe this is FOC and 1st batch, this hp suck...

    give me problem.. went to their PS service centre...

    i must say motorola customer service is damn .. no horse run.. but maybe its their technical side that is jus ok..

    sent in 4th time last month, problem still there..upgrade, etc cannot solve..


    i must agree the Nokia customer service is bad to worse to worst.. attitude, unfriendly, hao lian... ( suntec )
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  17. #37

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Dude

    The first few batches of phones no matter wat model and brand will be full of bugs. Tat y people seldom buy these new models. Normally those who buy are so called tech savvy or die hard fans who wants the latest. Tat's the price we pay if we wan to be the first few people to be using it.

  18. #38

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Ericsson GH388 is still da best! magnesium casing that survived the hardest knocks and drops and nothing goes kaputt. lasted me a good 5 years before it was retired, not due to the fault in the phone but the battery pack is no longer in production anymore.....

  19. #39

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    I think this time round, I will demand for replacement phone. Within a span of 2 months, my phone has gone in for servicing 3 times!!! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!
    Unfortunately, if you have read this article, http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...90631,00.html? you will see that Nokia does not have a policy of replacing handphones. Despite intervention by CASE,
    Nokia, however, maintained that replacing a handset is not its standard operating procedure.

    And you will see that Nokia has the highest (by a large margin) number of complaints. Complaints on defective handsets received by Case (From January 2004 to date):
    Nokia: 63
    Samsung: 7
    Sony Ericsson: 6
    Motorola: 2
    Others (unknown brands): 14

    Nokia has also received by far the highest number of complaints in the forums:
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...ht=nokia+sucks

    Nokia has gotten too arrogant and their policy of not replacing any headset under any circcumstances (even if it's just purchased) is really absurd. Give them a big miss

  20. #40

    Default Re: What can I do with Nokia?

    Nokia sucks. I rather you get an 02 phone. So much better

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •