Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Abandoned House in Sentosa

  1. #1

    Default Abandoned House in Sentosa



    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    creepY~~~~
    http://d0n84.deviantart.com/
    Don't Follow The Rules Just Trust Your Instinct

  3. #3

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Where is this house?

    No watchman or guard?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Cool! Wld love to see more of the series!

  5. #5
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    Where is this house?

    No watchman or guard?
    It's very confusing.... All those roads.

    It's a conserved building, most likely.
    Most likely used for military accommodation...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Yeah, I was just quite forunate to find it while being bored down by the class gathering, and went cycling with another friend.

    We went up a slope-cycling track from a rental shop not far away from the rear exit of Costa Sands Resort (where signs said "get off and walk - steep slope"), and exit to cycle on hilly roads. We just kept going forward, until we reach the first abandoned house. That one looked new. We move on, and was nearly a steep downhill before I spotted this gem.

    There are no barriers, no warning signs or anything that prevent us from entering. The house's interior is dark, and creeping with lots of ants. I got tonnes of bites for wearing shorts.
    Last edited by Slivester; 2nd December 2005 at 06:05 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Where is this house near? Any major landmarks? Is it marked on the map?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    Where is this house near? Any major landmarks? Is it marked on the map?
    Don't think its marked on the Sentosa map, erm landmarks, I can only relate to Costa Sands Resort.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Don't think its marked on the Sentosa map, erm landmarks, I can only relate to Costa Sands Resort.
    is it near the football fields?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Erm don't think so, but I am sure its nowhere near to any of the tourist traps. Its near to this old monorail station (was being disassembled when I was there on 28 November) and a fairly "long" 7-eleven. The bicycle track will pass through a few beaches and finally at Tanjong beach (or something) with huge boulders blocking the entrace of the beachroad. Oh yes, then you will arrive at this new Sentosa transit system station I supposed, where I was wondering what is the use of those sort of cable-cars like those in ski mountains, and a huge underground carpark with only a couple of cars.


  11. #11

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Erm don't think so, but I am sure its nowhere near to any of the tourist traps. Its near to this old monorail station (was being disassembled when I was there on 28 November) and a fairly "long" 7-eleven. The bicycle track will pass through a few beaches and finally at Tanjong beach (or something) with huge boulders blocking the entrace of the beachroad. Oh yes, then you will arrive at this new Sentosa transit system station I supposed, where I was wondering what is the use of those sort of cable-cars like those in ski mountains, and a huge underground carpark with only a couple of cars.

    think i know roughly where it is.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    it certainly looks abandoned, but doesnt show it's a house.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    it certainly looks abandoned, but doesnt show it's a house.
    Yes it is an abandoned house. That is one of the 2 surviving shots due to low-battery level.

  14. #14
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    That is conserved building.

    IRONSIDE ROAD (SENTOSA) CONSERVATION AREA



    This area consists of 4 colonial buildings (Blocks 48, 49, 50 & 51 Ironside Road) in Sentosa Island. It was given conservation status on 7 August 2000. The two-storey buildings were built in the 1880s to accommodate the garrisons of British and Indian soldiers of the Royal Artillery Coastal Defence Command based on the island of Blakang Mati (now Sentosa).

    SENTOSA CONSERVATION AREA



    Located on Sentosa Island, the 16 buildings were given conservation status on 14 May 2004. They were built by the British between the 1880s to 1930s to accommodate the garrisons for the coastal defence of the island and the harbour. They are historically significant, particularly for their long military use and for many important events.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    if you can locate spa botanica...you can easily locate this house...but its right on top of the hill... bring along a gas mask!! the bat droppings really stinks...overall the house very very errie... there are two smaller houses down the hill...but this one is pretty well hidden on the hill...
    bring along a strong torch as well...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    My pictures of the house...

    http://alex45.multiply.com/photos/album/5


  17. #17

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Look4Yest
    My pictures of the house...

    http://alex45.multiply.com/photos/album/5

    Woot! Thanks for sharing Alex. Din you go into the building?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    517

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    This is block 48


    The bats are in one of the rooms on the 2nd floor.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion king
    This is block 48


    The bats are in one of the rooms on the 2nd floor.
    This must be the famous house in Sentosa!


  20. #20
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Abandoned House in Sentosa

    It's a barracks block, not a house, not a mansion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •