Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outrageous Orchard Road photography shop!

Default Outrageous Orchard Road photography shop!

The photography shop at Midpoint Orchard's B1 floor (where you need to go down short flight of stairs from the footpath) has disgraceful service.

Man: "What do you want?"

Me: "Excuse me, how much for a 1 GB SD Card?"

Man: (says price)

Me: "Oh that's quite expensive.... how much for a 512MB card?"

Man (says price)

Me: "What about 256MB?"

Me: "Er, let me think"

Me: "Pardon me, how much for a 256MB card again?"

Man: "Do you have a budget?"

Me: "No. Pardon me, how much for a 256MB card again?"

Man: (irritated) "Do you have a budget?"

Me: "No, I need to know the prices so I can decide. How much for a 256MB card?"

Man: "You don't have a budget?! After you have a budget, come back again and we'll talk about price!!!"

The shop directly above it has an Indian man at the counter, and he's the direct opposite of that Chinese guy. The Indian man's nice, courteous, smiles and gives me all info I needed.

Never encountered such an attitude, be it in pasar malam or shopping centre.

In neighbourhood shops nevermind, but in a tourism area????

He rude to me, I be rude to him.
    I just walk off without saying a word suddenly.
    Last edited by redstone; 28th November 2005 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: Outrageous Orchard Road photography shop!

Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    The photography shop at Midpoint Orchard's B1 floor (where you need to go down short flight of stairs from the footpath) has disgraceful service.

Man: "What do you want?"

Me: "Excuse me, how much for a 1 GB SD Card?"

Me: "Oh that's quite expensive.... how much for a 512MB card?"

Man (says price)

Me: "What about 256MB?"

Me: "Er, let me think"

Me: "Pardon me, how much for a 256MB card again?"

Man: "Do you have a budget?"

Me: "No. Pardon me, how much for a 256MB card again?"

Man: (irritated) "Do you have a budget?"

Me: "No, I need to know the prices so I can decide. How much for a 256MB card?"

Man: "You don't have a budget?! After you have a budget, come back again and we'll talk about price!!!"

The shop directly above it has an Indian man at the counter, and he's the direct opposite of that Chinese guy. The Indian man's nice, courteous, smiles and gives me all info I needed.

Never encountered such an attitude, be it in pasar malam or shopping centre.

In neighbourhood shops nevermind, but in a tourism area????
    Hmm... think u should just ask, uncle, how much is 256, 512mb, & 1gb, i'm thinking of buying but wanting to know the price 1st...

u go by small to big, give him hope... u go by big to small make him demoralise...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

excuse me for asking, but what does that have to do with being chinese or indian?

Quote Originally Posted by vkashi
    excuse me for asking, but what does that have to do with being chinese or indian?
    Nothing.
    Just to diffrentiate.

Or else I have to say "the man in the first shop", "the man in the second shop", which can be quite dizzing.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    Nothing.
    Just to diffrentiate.

Or else I have to say "the man in the first shop", "the man in the second shop", which can be quite dizzing.
    a picture tells a thousand words... just a picture of the man in the 1st shop's angry face, and the man in the 2nd shop smiling can liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

just say the shop name lo, no confusion
    why so scare to mention the shop name?
    there are already so many threads about so many shops, esp alan photo.

Always ask for lower spec-ed items first! Den raise their hopes by going up the line only to send them crashing down when u say, "I'll pop by later." hehehehe...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

reminds me of the first time i wanted to buy my 1st set of d2x. happen to saw it at orchard also.. then i ask how much. he say very expensive also.. then i counted 7x$1000 in front of him. then he said it's $7300. then i said back to him, "i got say i want to buy from you meh?" and i walked off. the shop is above condomania. i didnt see his face after I said that. but am sure he was pissed.

(it just happens that I was suppose to transfer the money to my pal in malaysia for a malaysian d2x)

Quote Originally Posted by anka
    reminds me of the first time i wanted to buy my 1st set of d2x. happen to saw it at orchard also.. then i ask how much. he say very expensive also.. then i counted 7x$1000 in front of him. then he said it's $7300. then i said back to him, "i got say i want to buy from you meh?" and i walked off. the shop is above condomania. i didnt see his face after I said that. but am sure he was pissed.

(it just happens that I was suppose to transfer the money to my pal in malaysia for a malaysian d2x)
    Got b***s. Ups for you sia. I dunno why bother with orchard road shops though. I tot there all out to kotok one's money only

hahaha... i should do that one day!

Raising prices instantly....

That shop was once blacklisted by CASE.

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    Got b***s. Ups for you sia. I dunno why bother with orchard road shops though. I tot there all out to kotok one's money only
    I know about lucky plaza shop style.. it's just that the money transfer guy is in the same building mah.. so i go disturb him loh.. if he was going to nice to me then i be nice with him loh.. but was prepared for the worst... so when i asked him how much, my hand already reaching out to my wallet. ya i know i evil. but someone need to show them how to do business mah... tot i lead the way..

Quote Originally Posted by alan1996
    That shop was once blacklisted by CASE.
    The shop I'm talking about?

I'm not suprised!

Thumbs down Re: Outrageous Orchard Road photography shop!

I would never never never never never visit this shop, and any of those in Lucky Plaza, Far East Plaza. Damn attitude, super f***ing rude. Even some of the other shops in Peninsula Plaza/Shopping Centre also damn one kind.

There are really only four shops in Sg that are worth looking into (in no particular order):
    Cathay Photo
    MS Color
    John 3:16
    Alan Photo

Sometimes, even big chains like Courts or Harvey Norman.

The rest, you can just show your middle finger at them.

Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    I would never never never never never visit this shop, and any of those in Lucky Plaza, Far East Plaza. Damn attitude, super f***ing rude. Even some of the other shops in Peninsula Plaza/Shopping Centre also damn one kind.

There are really only four shops in Sg that are worth looking into (in no particular order):
    Cathay Photo
    MS Color
    John 3:16
    Alan Photo

dunno y my list is changing...

gonna strike off CP,
    all along never AP,
    John 3:16 still ok,
    MS color, bought some, just that the carpark damn far, den carpark attendent damn on...
    TK foto, service so far so good... considering them as major, but sunday not open... only saturday enjoy $1 buck carpark. can catch a show there also...

I would never never never never never visit this shop, and any of those in Lucky Plaza
    Not fair to comment like that, I bought things from LORDS before and they never dissapoint me so far

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    dunno y my list is changing...

gonna strike off CP,
    all along never AP,
    John 3:16 still ok,
    MS color, bought some, just that the carpark damn far, den carpark attendent damn on...
    TK foto, service so far so good... considering them as major, but sunday not open... only saturday enjoy $1 buck carpark. can catch a show there also...
    Is there a reason for striking off CP? I find them quite friendly but when it comes to bargaining for prices, very difficult one.

If u dye ur hair blond, eat more potatoes, wear blue contact lens and bleach ur skin white. U might have some luck.

Cathay Photo <-- Ok service. Maybe shop abit too big, I feel quite 'neglected'.
    MS Color <-- Ok lah. Cheap prices. Good service frm Florence.
    John 3:16 <-- Service rox. Great service frm Samuel. But I can't say their prices exactly cheap if u wanna compare across the board.
    Alan Photo <-- Never tried them.

I usually go there to browse. To buy? Only if I know what I'm buying after doing my homework.

So bad? How abt 2 Birds?
    Last edited by jsbn; 30th November 2005 at 10:24 AM.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    Is there a reason for striking off CP? I find them quite friendly but when it comes to bargaining for prices, very difficult one.
    nowadays u go there, even if they are standing there without any customers, they will purposely not look your direction, ask them for lowe pro items, they just say, its all on display, have have, dun have dun have... even making payment for lens case they also shun, like its not worth their effort, was standing over their cashier counter, few guys standing there dun even wanna come over, made few eye contact & wave, no response... til a fren shout at 1 of them... anyway, only a few good 1, like chris in tripod section, others cmi liao...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast