Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1530353839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

Default Re: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    But you would not want to walk around alone at night in Harlem wearing an expensive Rolex watch.

Violent crime in Sing is less common. You can still walk at 3am safely.
    Guess petty theft and temptation of the moment crime more common due to
    society's materialistic pressures on young adults.
    Not just materialistic. $$ plays a part too.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    But you would not want to walk around alone at night in Harlem wearing an expensive Rolex watch.

Violent crime in Sing is less common. You can still walk at 3am safely.
    Guess petty theft and temptation of the moment crime more common due to
    society's materialistic pressures on young adults.
    that will depend on which part of singapore at 3am

BTW, I had my share of lost and found. Generally when I don't think I will not recover my loss... I did. See the 'burger king' wallet incident I posted very long ago.

I still think that are honest folks around who will return things back if they can trace the owner.
    What's the ratio?

I found a wallet with several hundreds dollars and citibank card(with photo) at a coffeshop. Waited there as I'm eating and owner show up and claim it back. No thank you or anything. (I expect at least a smile and a brief conversation...)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    that will depend on which part of singapore at 3am

BTW, I had my share of lost and found. Generally when I don't think I will not recover my loss... I did. See the 'burger king' wallet incident I posted very long ago.

I still think that are honest folks around who will return things back if they can trace the owner.
    What's the ratio?

I found a wallet with several hundreds dollars and citibank card(with photo) at a coffeshop. Waited there as I'm eating and owner show up and claim it back. No thank you or anything. (I expect at least a smile and a brief conversation...)
    There was a case in HWZ a couple of months ago. One forumer found a laptop at PS, contacted the owner and took the trouble to go somewhere else to meet up, no thank you or anything. Very big hoohah in EDMW lots of flames directed to the owner once they found out he had a forum account

What's the ratio?
    76% recovered according to here

there was once i found a wallet at the bus stop near my house, checked the IC and realise that the owner stay above my unit only, so i went upstair to return the wallet, and the owner just took the wallet and then close the door without saying anything
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai

there was once i found a wallet at the bus stop near my house, checked the IC and realise that the owner stay above my unit only, so i went upstair to return the wallet, and the owner just took the wallet and then close the door without saying anything
    Well, maybe its due to their upbringing. So they are not the cultured kind...

Gracious society my foot

Personally, I dont believe the 76% as there's no numbers or figures stating it. Purely marketing strategy.

Ain't that a sucker!

Another sucker!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Gracious society my foot
    Never more than agreed with you bro.

So...the way the thread is going...are some of you now on the side of the commando and his GF?
    As long as your intention/motivation is sincere, what the heck with the response of the person you are doing a favour for.....just as the way one is treated, when you offer your seat to someone who needs it more on the train/bus....should we then just forget about offering the seat? If everyone feels that it is a slap in your face in terms of gratitude when you do a good deed....then in no time, it will be accepted that itis perfectly ok to mantain the "finders keepers mentaliy"....or "first come first serve mentality"

Well at least I gotten a tin of expensive cookies & a big 'Thanks You' when I rtn a
    pick up handphone to the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    There're still honest ppl around. Just to share an experience;

Once my wife left her wallet on a seat at Marina Bowling Alley after changing her shoe a few years back. We drove off, noticed the lost only after 10min. Drove back & search for it, it was gone. Made police report & reported to banks on lost of credit & ATM cards etc.

Next day, a man called her & told her to collect her wallet at a shop in Bishan. My wife got her wallet back only after getting a 'scolding' from him for being forgetful. He informed us after a day(which he did it on purpose) so that my wife will learn her lesson. Everything was intact, including the cash.

Nt everybody was like tat. I was veri grateful to the person who return my wallet and I buy him a 2 boxes of pasteries and cakes for him n say thank you to him.

my wallet fell off from my pocket once while alighting from a taxi. when i realise it the taxi ran off liao. called the taxi companies and made a police report, nothing found. one week later, the wallet was mailed back to me, everything intact, except the monies and transitlink card (then) ... i guess i paid for the return service

Should turn in the wallet to the NPP, whether cash still inside or not, up to the finder. I can dun mind losing 100 dollars but my IC and my cards better be untouched and unused.

BTW OT liao lah. Now only waiting for KT to update us on the recovery of his items.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Should turn in the wallet to the NPP, whether cash still inside or not, up to the finder. I can dun mind losing 100 dollars but my IC and my cards better be untouched and unused.

BTW OT liao lah. Now only waiting for KT to update us on the recovery of his items.
    i called the NPP, they say ok they will record it anyway this was like so super long ago liao

Quote Originally Posted by goering
    Hi can I check with you what is the brand of CF card?
    Thanks for reminding goering.
    The Brand was Haiwagara (can't remember the correct spelling)
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    aiya KT... heed my advice lah... as long u know i know can liao.. the world doesn't need to understand...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hahaha don't be sad. Believe in good karma.

Been there, done that more than once. I always tried to return the found wallet to the owner or at least I handled it to police station if I can't find the address or contact number. And I have lost or dropped my wallet more than once too, and in ALL occurence, i managed to get it back, intact (well, I never have any money in wallet, though :P). Somehow I have to believe it's good karma.

But then, I lost my mobile phone many times and never get it returned :P It's perhaps because I never found any lost phone so the good karma doesn't work yet hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    Hagiwara?

I've been following this thread KT, and I hope you get your equipment back soon.

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1530353839404142 ... LastLast