Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 122732353637383942 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

Default Re: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    not all MPs' intervention will help matters.
    u mean something to do with the party his from? hehe

ok enff...i dunwan to get into trouble.... i will stop here.... hehe

Hope that fellow get sentenced as heavy as possible... if NSF even better... civil court + military court. He can sing his silly airborne song in Kranji liao
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Blog Entries

no harm trying right, maybe can move maybe cannot

talk talk talk here is of no use, might as well talk to the MP

Quote Originally Posted by jlchong
    sigh.. perhaps if the police have acted faster, the culprit may not have the time to sell the stuff.

I believe KT should ask for an explaination on why the men in blue took so long to act even though KT had supplied all the evidence.
    this petty theft is a very minor crime out of thousands of crimes in a day
    it is not sensational like 400KG heroin drug bust, triple murder or body parts case
    unfortunately KT is not a VVIP

know what this means?
    it just grunt work for the poor guy in blue who has to deal (for example his inspector writes on memo - Please deal)

solving it
    or not solving it
    will not make any difference to the guy

will not win him any "visibility", any higher rank, any bonus reward
    no pat on the back from VVIP since KT is not
    it will just earn him drudgery and pai miah work to finish the case report

but hypothetically, say in a fictional country, if some one stole a valuable from a VVIP and he reported it, likely that much more resources, manpower will be mobilised to solve the case and retrieve the valuable item. QUICKLY

I think that KT may have to get lawyer liaoz... Sorry bro. But seriously, if they can't recover your gear, perhaps a settlement could be a way out for this guy. PM me if you need help and I'll see if I can get any of my lawyer friends to give you some free advise...

I am sure that the Police will still be looking at other avenues of recovering the items. It would be easier to track if the person had sold it, but if 'suay suay' he had dumped it somewhere after suffering from a panic attack.... then the chances of recovery is slim.

IMHO, KT will be better off seeking legal advice than approaching his MP. There is nothing the MP can do except perhaps asking the Police for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar202
    I am sure that the Police will still be looking at other avenues of recovering the items. It would be easier to track if the person had sold it, but if 'suay suay' he had dumped it somewhere after suffering from a panic attack.... then the chances of recovery is slim.

IMHO, KT will be better off seeking legal advice than approaching his MP. There is nothing the MP can do except perhaps asking the Police for updates.
    give the police more time lah....at least the camera equipment has a unique identification number, that makes it easier to track down. now that it is logged in the police records as stolen equipment, other police teams will also look out for it when they investigate other criminal cases such as racketeering or smuggling activities.

KT, don't despair yet. Very often during criminal proceedings, the accused will return the stolen property or give a cash refund in a bid to reduce the sentence they will receive.

If that does not happen, you can consider engaging a lawyer to threaten that fella with a civil action. Very often, the very threat of a civil action will persuade the other side to compensate you, since engaging lawyers for a full-blown trial is very expensive (plus that guy has an obviously bad case)

The last route is a legal proceeding in the subordinate courts. You should do this after the criminal case. A successful criminal case almost always leads to a successful civil action because the standards applied in criminal cases are higher. If you engage a cheap lawyer, there may some surplus left for you.

so.. means the sit out outsid the court house would still be on??
    lau...

I skimmed through this thread and I would like to offer some suggestion (pardon me if it's already been suggested): the Power of the Press.

If any one of you have any contacts, be it TV (Channel U current affair talks) or newspaper (ST Home, TODAY, Wanbao) or publications, it is probably a good idea to share the tormented story to them and let the press work its magic. It's a worthy real-life news, a wake-up call for people who lost their possessions thinking that by tracing the person who took it, they will get back the item, be it intact or in the form of monetary terms.

KT, perhaps you could summarise the chronology of events so that anyone with connections could forward to the press, instead of writing their own version, which could be misinformed.

I second that - go to the papers!

Quote Originally Posted by evq
    What u expect? Police to withdraw $$ from his bank a/c & return to KT?
    They can only try to find out where he disposed the stolen stuff & retrieve whatever they can.
    Anyway, justice is done & he will be serving his time.

Btw, he was caught in the act(by CCTV), not while selling the stuff.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by pianodancer
    I skimmed through this thread and I would like to offer some suggestion (pardon me if it's already been suggested): the Power of the Press.

If any one of you have any contacts, be it TV (Channel U current affair talks) or newspaper (ST Home, TODAY, Wanbao) or publications, it is probably a good idea to share the tormented story to them and let the press work its magic. It's a worthy real-life news, a wake-up call for people who lost their possessions thinking that by tracing the person who took it, they will get back the item, be it intact or in the form of monetary terms.

KT, perhaps you could summarise the chronology of events so that anyone with connections could forward to the press, instead of writing their own version, which could be misinformed.
    A very good idea. But be very careful as the case is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by pipefish
    The last route is a legal proceeding in the subordinate courts. You should do this after the criminal case. A successful criminal case almost always leads to a successful civil action because the standards applied in criminal cases are higher. If you engage a cheap lawyer, there may some surplus left for you.
    Agree.

Lightbulb Re: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

hmm. there are plenty of free 'legal' advice being dished out here.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    I think that KT may have to get lawyer liaoz... Sorry bro. But seriously, if they can't recover your gear, perhaps a settlement could be a way out for this guy. PM me if you need help and I'll see if I can get any of my lawyer friends to give you some free advise...

Quote Originally Posted by AEC
    Under the PENAL CODE (CAP 224) REVISED EDITION 1985, s403, Dishonest misappropriation of property :

Whoever dishonestly misappropriates or converts to his own use movable property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.

Explanation 1.
    A dishonest misappropriation for a time only is a misappropriation within the meaning of this section.

Explanation 2.
    A person who finds property not in the possession of any other person, and takes such property for the purpose of protecting it for, or of restoring it to the owner, does not take or misappropriate it dishonestly, and is not guilty of an offence; but he is guilty of the offence above defined, if he appropriates it to his own use, when he knows or has the means of discovering the owner, or before he has used reasonable means to discover and give notice to the owner, and has kept the property a reasonable time to enable the owner to claim it.

What are reasonable means, or what is a reasonable time in such a case, is a question of fact.

It is not necessary that the finder should know who is the owner of the property, or that any particular person is the owner of it; it is sufficient if, at the time of appropriating it, he does not believe it to be his own property, or in good faith believe that the real owner cannot be found.

Illustrations
    (a) A finds a dollar on the high road, not knowing to whom the dollar belongs. A picks up the dollar. Here A has not committed the offence defined in this section.

(b) A finds a letter on the high road, containing a bank note. From the direction and contents of the letter he learns to whom the note belongs. He appropriates the note. He is guilty of an offence under this section.

(c) A finds a cheque payable to bearer. He can form no conjecture as to the person who has lost the cheque. But the name of the person who has drawn the cheque appears. A knows that this person can direct him to the person in whose favour the cheque was drawn. A appropriates the cheque without attempting to discover the owner. He is guilty of an offence under this section.

(d) A sees Z drop his purse with money in it. A picks up the purse with the intention of restoring it to Z, but afterwards appropriates it to his own use. A has committed an offence under this section.

(e) A finds a purse with money, not knowing to whom it belongs; he afterwards discovers that it belongs to Z, and appropriates it to his own use. A is guilty of an offence under this section.

(f) A finds a valuable ring, not knowing to whom it belongs. A sells it immediately without attempting to discover the owner. A is guilty of an offence under this section.
    Thanks for the information AEC.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    no harm trying right, maybe can move maybe cannot
    talk talk talk here is of no use, might as well talk to the MP
    Thanks ortega, I will try all means of way legally, even if this chances are slim, I will talk to MP if the Police can't do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyftk
    Thanks jeremyftk
    Still waiting for the outcome from Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar202
    Thanks Redstar202, I will try all ways of mean legally to ensure action and justice done.

Quote Originally Posted by pianodancer

Thanks pianodancer, I will keep it in one of my option.

But I think I can only do it after the case is over and the suspect is being sentence gulity by the court, if not, I will kenna implication one way or another.

I think my emotion is up and down for the past weeks.
    Sometimes like human, sometimes like a walking zombie.

I try to forget it and resign to fate that my Nikon gears are gone. Painful and sad.

But then came the evidence are in hand, video image of the person taking my stuff and his particular. Got Hope

See the video image of the man and his gilfriend taking away my bag with a cunning and happily faces and move out of the Cafe Cartel Restaurant tactically.
    I get bloody angry, feel like giving him one good bunch in his face.

Pass evidence to Police, wait, wait and wait, and wait until fedup.

Action taken, man napped and confessed, feel happy and got hope.
    Go to Malacca trip happily, forgetting all about it. Rest and Relax.

Then wait for Polices' status, again, wait, wait and wait, and wait until Fedup.

Then, get to know that Police Gazette was issue. Feel sad and Lost Hope.

Today is 20 days of my bag being stolen/lost.
    It is also 7 days (last Friday) after the man being caught by the Police.

Now still waiting for Police update status of the man, his girlfriend and conclusion of outcome.
    Last edited by King Tiger; 16th December 2005 at 01:02 PM.

I just call the Police to check on the status and they told me the case is still under investigation.

** I recall my message which I have post earlier as I am too upset just now and also good advise from CSers**

** I am sorry for my message**
    Last edited by King Tiger; 16th December 2005 at 03:36 PM.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 122732353637383942 ... LastLast