Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

Default Re: Red Alert : KT needs our help ~!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    To the person who take my stuff

If you are reading the forum, just to let you know that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Your face is in the video. Or should I say your full face.

And your girlfriend too (using Nokia Handphone model 6020)

And you paid your dinner by card and the Cafe Cartel Mgt have your record.

If you return my stuff to your nearest police station now, the case is rest.

If not, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance.

KT... I may not know you but IMHO...no point posting 'threatening' message or even consider giving him a chance. Sounds like you have enought evidence or findings to bring him in ... BE NIKE ...JUST DO IT !!!! Let the POLICE do their job .inform them u intend to pursue the matter..put it on record ....BTW, it's theft .....bring him and his gf in for questioning ....he may or may not be part of this wonderful community..so he may not be aware that there is a "BLANKET" party waiting for him.....he could be using your D2H now..taking pics of his gf with it or maybe impressing others with it. He may get away next x if the next person is not as lucky as you are with the video footage.

ALL THE BEST IN THE RETRIEVAL OF YOUR PRECIOUS.

Roger and Out
    Mr SANYO

Quote Originally Posted by Max 2.8
    Woa! This is sad... Hope you get it back soon...

Actually, if the video can see face, then police can search thru their database and match the face. Like CSI?
    Will they go through the database of people who have been detained by the police, or will they go through the IC database?

Besides the police going on a TV program like Crime Watch and replaying that video for the public to identify the guy, what will be done with the information?

Just trying to put on the detective hat. What do we know? What can we guess?

1) He and/or his girlfriend live(s) in Bedok or further east of that. (Maybe not, maybe one of them was attending some classes, etc. on Saturday.)
    2) They won't be going back to that Cafe Cartel for a while.
    3) His girlfriend has a Nokia 6020.

Anything else, please add. What were they wearing? This might give a clue to how close they stay to Tampines Mall. Were they carrying anything that says what they may have been doing that day (e.g. tennis racquets)?

Btw, I did not post this with the intention of making a witchhunt out of it. I'm against that. People make mistakes all the time and I do not support mob behaviour. I do apologise if it sounds this way. I read too many detective comic books and was just analysing it. I'll delete the post if it is distasteful.

KT, you need your sleep. You need to take care of yourself no matter what, OK?

Take care.
    Last edited by kaywalk; 29th November 2005 at 11:45 PM.

To the person who take my stuff
    If you are reading the forum, just to let you know that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Your face is in the video. Or should I say your full face.
    And your girlfriend too (using Nokia Handphone model 6020)
    And you paid your dinner by card and the Cafe Cartel Mgt have your record.
    If you return my stuff to your nearest police station now, the case is rest.
    If not, I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance.
    YEAH! Once you have the card details, the guy is as good as caught.
    Last edited by melnjes; 29th November 2005 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalk
    Will they go through the database of people who have been detained by the police, or will they go through the IC database?

Besides the police going on a TV program like Crime Watch and replaying that video for the public to identify the guy, what will be done with the information?

Just trying to put on the detective hat. What do we know? What can we guess?

1) He and/or his girlfriend live(s) in Bedok or further east of that. (Maybe not, maybe one of them was attending some classes, etc. on Saturday.)
    2) They won't be going back to that Cafe Cartel for a while.
    3) His girlfriend has a Nokia 6020.

Anything else, please add. What were they wearing? This might give a clue to how close they stay to Tampines Mall. Were they carrying anything that says what they may have been doing that day (e.g. tennis racquets)?

KT, you need your sleep. You need to take care of yourself no matter what, OK?

Take care.
    all we know about that guy is that the temptation to steal someone else's expensive camera equipment got the better of him, and now he is sh*tting bricks about getting a criminal record for theft now that he is soon to be identified and caught.

KT...just a bit more patience...u'll get all your equipment back i'm sure.
    Last edited by zaren; 29th November 2005 at 11:46 PM.

There is a lot of things to do and a lot of words in my minds that I would want to tell everybody. My mind is occupy by my recent lost of Nikon D2H plus accessories and also the recently work load.
    Haven't been sleep well for the past 3 nights, no appetite, no mood.
    I hope to read that you got all your equipment back soon.

just to ask ..
    since KT is the one who misplace his stuff ..

the guy took it .. the guy commit a crime? by not returning to the owner?

IMH, no need to think so much, or give chance already. If I were in your position, I would have already gone to the police with what I have.

From what you have described, it seems to be a straight forward case of theft in public. And since you have video, and the receipts to track him down, the police should be able to get his address easily.

Time could be of the essence here - for all you know, he might already be disposing of your camera equipment else where.

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick
    KT,
    I was only joking with Klose, don't need to take so seriously leh

BTW, that guy might not even be a CS member, so high chance that he will not see this thread.

I suggest u go to police ASAP and get them to retrieve your stuff back fast b4 the equipment are mishandled or damaged. Police will only charge the guy for theft, but will not be responsible to claim damages or compensation from him on your behalf. Claiming compensation is consider civil suit and u have to engage your own lawyer ($) to do that, so get it back fast and undamaged b4 "night long dreams alot". Any legal eagles here can correct me if I am wrong, thanks.
    yeap yeap... but i rather not elaborate here cos who knows who is reading... i better keep my mouth shut... anyway... til KT gets his stuff back...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Now what's the next move?alot of pple might be interested to know.
    Now i am more worried for the equipment,hope any authority could act fast.

And 1 more thing,press charges,don't give chance.

let him go and he'll strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    just to ask ..

how about this scenario...

u drive ur merc to a petrol station, and u decide to go to the loo for 10 mins. u forget to take ur car keys with u, leaving them in the ignition. a guy happens to walk past and decides to drive off with ur merc. u rush back 10 mins later....but NO CAR!!! so...did that guy commit a crime?
    Last edited by zaren; 30th November 2005 at 12:04 AM.

Deregistered

All the best KT, please update me man.

Take care and don't think so much liao hand over the information to the police let them do their job while you just shake leg can liao.

From the Law Society of S'pore website.
    http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/youthcr..._property0.htm

Offences Against Property

Offences against Property are dealt with in Chapter XVII of the Penal Code.
    A moveable property is anything that can be moved. Anything that is attached to the earth cannot be a subject of theft; however it can be a subject of theft once it is severed from the earth.
    Consent, where mentioned in the sections, maybe expressed or implied and may be given by the person in possession of the property or by any person having proper authority over the property.
    The various types of such crimes are:
    Theft (S378 & S 379)
    Criminal misappropriation of property (S403)

Dishonestly receiving stolen property (S411)

(there's more but I thought that these 3 sections are probably the more relevent ones)

Theft (S378 & S 379):
    If you take any moveable property without the owner's permission, you have committed the offence of theft. You may be jailed up to 3 years or fined or both.

Criminal misappropriation of property (S403)
    If you dishonestly misappropriate (illegally use or take) another person's property, you have committed the offence of criminal misappropriation and may be jailed up to 2 years, or with fine, or with both.

Dishonestly receiving stolen property (S411)

If you have received any stolen property knowing or having reason to believe that it is stolen, you may be jailed for up to 5 years, or with fine or with both.

If the stolen property is a motor vehicle or any part of a motor vehicle, you may be jailed for not less than 6 months and not more than 5 years and shall also be liable to fine.

I wonder which one the police will use?

To me it is a theft. It is a crime.
    Unless he genuinely took it to handover the stuff at a nearby police station as a lost and found.

Thief is not likely to offer it on internet sales ebay or whatever.
    He is not that stupid.
    Likely that he has no long term use for such a digital SLR.
    Very likely he will sell it off for money to spend. High chance already sold off.
    It may be sold to strangers or to tourists at low price.
    He will not sell it to anyone who can identify him.
    Or he may bring it to nearby countries to sell.

I believe too that the eventual buyer will be able to guess it is stolen good at such low selling price and not register it or send it in for service.

By the way, I do not rule out "inside job" generally speaking to start with all possibilities. (Not directed at the premises of the loss). So without any evidence except for a full face video, it is not conclusive who is the thief.

Nowadays people are desperate.

There are some people in Sing who got nothing to lose. No "reputation" to protect. They need money, badly.

I have also lost stuff (much cheaper in value) before in an open coffeeshop in the daytime and the people at surrounding tables and coffeeshop staff act like they did not know or see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by simon80
    just to ask ..

1st , KT forgot to take . Then someone took it . With KT contact details inside the bag and an alternative to turn in either to the cafe manager or TM security , he didn't . It's not like u picked up a $100 bill on the road leh. There enough channel for the thief to turn in the bag to, but he decided to keep the contents to himself. So how different is it from stealing personal belonging at a swimming pool for example ?

Another example , one day a guy pass by somewhere and notice a stack of notes with a CISCO label around it, knowing that it belonged to CISCO , but he decided to keep it to himself. Unfortunately , his action was caught on tape. Did he not commit a crime ? I dunno , maybe some mata can come and shed some light for us.

i think KT will get very stressed reading all these debate, let's give him some peace?

KT bro , I think enuff said. Rest well and let the police handle this.

Actually I salute what KT is doing. Its easy to press charges and file a full police report, but he is choosing the difficult way by being magnanimous and giving the culprit a chance. All the best once again, and hope you get the equipment back.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    brudder... u pressing charges? or u giving him a chance?
    if 1) den u better delete this part... heheh...
    if 2) den better give him an address that he can send the things to, ask him to do it via local courier... anonymous also can, we treat as nothing happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by AhV
    KT... I may not know you but IMHO...no point posting 'threatening' message or even consider giving him a chance. Sounds like you have enought evidence or findings to bring him in ... BE NIKE ...JUST DO IT !!!! Let the POLICE do their job .inform them u intend to pursue the matter..put it on record ....BTW, it's theft .....bring him and his gf in for questioning ....he may or may not be part of this wonderful community..so he may not be aware that there is a "BLANKET" party waiting for him.....he could be using your D2H now..taking pics of his gf with it or maybe impressing others with it. He may get away next x if the next person is not as lucky as you are with the video footage.

ALL THE BEST IN THE RETRIEVAL OF YOUR PRECIOUS.

Roger and Out
    Mr SANYO
    Hi DCA, AhV

Thanks for advise, I understand what you mean.

Let disucss this at later stage once I settle my issue.

P.S. I hope no miscommuncation here (cos sometimes wrong/error message in internet forum discussion may cause misunderstanding)
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Hi DCA, AhV

Thanks for advise, I understand what you mean.

Let disucss this at later stage once I settle my issue.

P.S. I hope no miscommuncation here (cos sometimes wrong/error message in internet forum discussion may cause misunderstanding)
    time to sleep liao KT, don't think too much now, get a good rest first after 3 days/nights without proper rest. i go pay my sleep debt liao goodnight

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast