Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olympus DiMage 7Hi or Nikon 5700

*alamak...too bad i'm gonna miss the outing 2molo. dun have a decent camera yet leh....but prob will b lounging at sentosa beach as well playing volley.

wah mayb i should go for an outing too and check out the 7Hi wiff a fellow member before i commit horr

have u actuali seen the shots taken wiff D60 by megaweb and tom shen? they look stunning! me want also

let us know wat u decide to get okie...have fun tomorrow!

Challenge the king??

Originally posted by Horus
    *alamak...too bad i'm gonna miss the outing 2molo. dun have a decent camera yet leh....but prob will b lounging at sentosa beach as well playing volley.

wah mayb i should go for an outing too and check out the 7Hi wiff a fellow member before i commit horr

have u actuali seen the shots taken wiff D60 by megaweb and tom shen? they look stunning! me want also

let us know wat u decide to get okie...have fun tomorrow!
    Well, i m not too keen on the grip of the 602. As for the functions it takes abit of getting used to.

saw the G2 as well - the grip fits me just fine and it looks quite user friendly.

another contender for me now is the 717. Met another member who has the 707 (predecessor) & its really user friendly - reminds me of my sony P2.

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    i dun mean to alarm u

i know nothing about the minolta. A friend of mine who has it says his camera always hangs ... but i dunno if its just his camera.

ctrl-alt-del will solve the problem.

Originally posted by ninelives

ctrl-alt-del will solve the problem.
    maybe need to do scandisk & defrag from time to time too

Originally posted by kawan

and also must partition, one for os, one for data.

Originally posted by kawan

yah, but changing the OS might solve all problem !!!

Originally posted by Jester

yah, but changing the OS might solve all problem !!!

DIMAGE is riding on M1croSuck too?!?!?!

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

Well, i m not too keen on the grip of the 602. As for the functions it takes abit of getting used to.

saw the G2 as well - the grip fits me just fine and it looks quite user friendly.

another contender for me now is the 717. Met another member who has the 707 (predecessor) & its really user friendly - reminds me of my sony P2.
    hey how was the outing today? it rained right? *bummer. ah...another option to add to your conflict eh. *heheh...life it full of tough decisions eh. i think G2 is a very solid camera. dun like the grip tho. my friend has it and i had the chance to borrow it while we had photo shoots. its realli quite alrite .

the 717 is around $1600. so it seems u have the budget for it!? be warned tho...the reason me and my other fren is not getting it is coz of the price of the accessories. check it out at sony...it's SUPER EX. bearing in mind u need at least a decent flashlight, an extra batt and their oh-so-proprietory memory stick

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by togu
    Challenge the king??

eh not "challenging" lar. me newbie

just very impressed with the shots. i'll NEVER be able to command a moth to jump on my command, for one!

Originally posted by Horus

eh not "challenging" lar. me newbie

just very impressed with the shots. i'll NEVER be able to command a moth to jump on my command, for one!
    Why not?
    Never say "Never" again....

Since the DiMAGE 7Hi & Nikon 5700 is not the good... would Olympus E20 be better...??

Ivor, don't say 7HI or 5700 no good. Good or not depends on how u use, what u use and how good u r. All cameras have strength and weakness and diff pple look for different things in a prosumer camera. Also, u need to know yr skill level in order to better appreciate the DC. Someone mentioned that even if u buy the best DC but takes pictures no better than a 10 yr old, then what is is use spending all that money?

I would say any of the cameras are more than good enough for general usage. Unless there's some specific needs (e.g. requirement for wide-angle, wireless support for flash, very long zoom (5700's 280mm has a longer reach than 7HI's 200mm), either cameras will do well enough. But both cameras are battery "eaters". For the 5700, you could (at least) spend more (~$165) to get the battery grip to have more decent battery life.

Btw, 7HI, 5700, together with E20, Fujifilm S602Z and Sony F717 are all listed as the top ZLR-type digital cameras by the December issue of Popular Photography. Check it out!

If money is a concern and you want to get more accessories on a limited budget, consider the Fujifilm S602Z. Someone just got it for $1010 and the price difference could get you a whole lot of other stuff (e.g. bags, converters, backup bateries, extra memory, filters, external flash, etc).
    Last edited by mpenza; 17th November 2002 at 07:56 AM.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Ivor, one suggestion...go and mingle with those clubsnappers at SEED and check out their cameras! I am sure u will find many with 717, 602, 5700, 7HI, E10 & E20 etc...ask them what they feel abt their DC and ask to see the pictures they have taken (esp blown up ones, A4 and bigger shld be ok) then decide for yrself. Look for image sharpness, colour repro etc...

Yeah, get one that suits your needs, not one that does everything perfect, because you'd be very disappointed. No camera will do everything perfectly (unless your standards are quite low, then any camera will do)

Colour-wise, some produce more vivid colours, some produce close-to-real colours like the different kinds of slides and film. You do not have much choice for slides and film in DCs, so choose the type you prefer, or do the color balance in PS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12