Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12

    Default Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

    Hi, just bought a Hoya filter a few hours ago.
    I asked for the 77mm HD Hoya cpl filter and he charged me 120 for it. I said okay but he gave me the 77mm Hoya HRT cpl instead. I asked on the spot if it was the right one and he said the hrt was hd..In a rush I accepted it since I had only heard of the pro1(I have a 58mm one) and the HD(I didn't have one and didn't know the difference in packaging).

    Is the price difference of these two very large? How about quality difference. Did I just pay more for less. I'm sorry for being stupid and not knowing the difference. Should I go back to request a refund/the right product?

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,171

    Default Re: Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

    Looking at the descriptions one can find with Google it looks as if the HRT (High-Rate Transparency) is the newer version, claiming to let more light pass. So getting a newer type for the same money is not the worst thing that can happen. Price-wise I can't comment much, haven't purchased such a filter for long time. $120 for 77mm CPL sounds ok.
    EOS

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,477

    Default Re: Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canncan View Post
    Hi, just bought a Hoya filter a few hours ago.
    I asked for the 77mm HD Hoya cpl filter and he charged me 120 for it. I said okay but he gave me the 77mm Hoya HRT cpl instead. I asked on the spot if it was the right one and he said the hrt was hd..In a rush I accepted it since I had only heard of the pro1(I have a 58mm one) and the HD(I didn't have one and didn't know the difference in packaging).

    Is the price difference of these two very large? How about quality difference. Did I just pay more for less. I'm sorry for being stupid and not knowing the difference. Should I go back to request a refund/the right product?

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cular_Pol.html

    B&H is selling at US$93.90, base on today exchange rate is SG$127.60.

    consider you don't have to spend on shipping and handling, I would said is a good bargain you bought from the shop.


    and I would suggest next time if you forgot to do your homework before you shop or whatsoever, just take out your smart phone and do a Google search there and than.



    hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cular_Pol.html

    B&H is selling at US$93.90, base on today exchange rate is SG$127.60.

    consider you don't have to spend on shipping and handling, I would said is a good bargain you bought from the shop.


    and I would suggest next time if you forgot to do your homework before you shop or whatsoever, just take out your smart phone and do a Google search there and than.



    hope this help.
    Hahaha thank you! Sorry, when I searched it up I found it was sold cheaper so I panicked.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canncan View Post
    Hi, just bought a Hoya filter a few hours ago.
    I asked for the 77mm HD Hoya cpl filter and he charged me 120 for it. I said okay but he gave me the 77mm Hoya HRT cpl instead. I asked on the spot if it was the right one and he said the hrt was hd..In a rush I accepted it since I had only heard of the pro1(I have a 58mm one) and the HD(I didn't have one and didn't know the difference in packaging).

    Is the price difference of these two very large? How about quality difference. Did I just pay more for less. I'm sorry for being stupid and not knowing the difference. Should I go back to request a refund/the right product?
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cular_Pol.html

    B&H is selling at US$93.90, base on today exchange rate is SG$127.60.

    consider you don't have to spend on shipping and handling, I would said is a good bargain you bought from the shop.


    and I would suggest next time if you forgot to do your homework before you shop or whatsoever, just take out your smart phone and do a Google search there and than.



    hope this help.
    Catchlights, I think the product you linked to is different?

    The product you linked to is the NXT, while the one posted by OP is the HRT, which does look to be significantly cheaper than what he paid for.

    HRT



    NXT



    Quote Originally Posted by Canncan View Post
    Hahaha thank you! Sorry, when I searched it up I found it was sold cheaper so I panicked.
    Can you confirm that yours is the same as the one in the HRT version? If it is then I do think you severely overpaid.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    23,477

    Default Re: Hoya filter help! I think I didn't get the right product.

    Is a horrifying mistake!! I am so sorry about that.

    TS, please name the place you bought this filter, so others can take caution about this.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canncan View Post
    Hi, just bought a Hoya filter a few hours ago.
    I asked for the 77mm HD Hoya cpl filter and he charged me 120 for it. I said okay but he gave me the 77mm Hoya HRT cpl instead. I asked on the spot if it was the right one and he said the hrt was hd..In a rush I accepted it since I had only heard of the pro1(I have a 58mm one) and the HD(I didn't have one and didn't know the difference in packaging).

    Is the price difference of these two very large? How about quality difference. Did I just pay more for less. I'm sorry for being stupid and not knowing the difference. Should I go back to request a refund/the right product?
    can let us know where is he shop and name.of it

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •