Thread: Shoddy pouch for the CompactDrive PD70X / PD7X

Angry Shoddy pouch for the CompactDrive PD70X / PD7X

Hey guys,

Is it just me or what? Those of you who have purchased the CompactDrive PD70X/PD7X, do you find that the pouch is badly sewn and the velcro is misaligned? When you put the drive into the pouch, it doesn't hold it snug?

I just got 2 units of the PD70X today from Sitex. Man, the sewing on the pouch is terrible! Basically, if you place the pouch on a table, you'll find that the pouch is fatter on one side and the sewing is slanted! This occurs on both of my pouches!

I've encountered this in one of my previous PD7X pouch too. I had to unstitch the velcro and stitch it back so that it would be able to bite on to the other piece of velcro. Alignment was totally out.

I mean, we pay money for a product, it should at least fit the drive "properly" and "protect" it right?

Anyone with the same frustration, please post here.

Sigh...

Default Re: Shoddy pouch for the CompactDrive PD70X / PD7X

from the packaging, i was already sort of anticipating filmsy stuffs inside already. the pd70x wasn't very well built. i wish the door openings for the batteries and memory cards were of better build and quality(perhaps aluminium as well). the pouch? also use it to protect the drive. oh yeah, i checked the velco, it's slanted!
    oh well.. what to do? alot of copies are like that too.

Hey i am going to get the CompactDrive today too from Sitex. How much are they selling? Is the quality of it so terrible? Any difference if got directly from EastGear store?

Do u guys buy it with the harddisk?

Any idea of the hdd use inside? Is it better to buy separate hdd from hitachi, samsung etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo
    Do u guys buy it with the harddisk?

Any idea of the hdd use inside? Is it better to buy separate hdd from hitachi, samsung etc?
    Nope. bought mine without the HDD. I already have HDDs for the units.

I believe they are using Samsung ones. I may be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Belano
    Hey i am going to get the CompactDrive today too from Sitex. How much are they selling? Is the quality of it so terrible? Any difference if got directly from EastGear store?
    Bro. The compactdrive is a good product. I bought mine direct from Eastgear on the first day of Sitex. Super fast transfer on 4 AA size batteries.

It's just that the quality of the pouch sucks... See it for yourself, you'll understand what I mean.

Oh yeah, when you buy... You may wish to ask for a 3-pin ac adapter instead of the 2-pin ac adapter. Or whichever one that works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiemus
    Bro. The compactdrive is a good product. I bought mine direct from Eastgear on the first day of Sitex. Super fast transfer on 4 AA size batteries.

It's just that the quality of the pouch sucks... See it for yourself, you'll understand what I mean.

Oh yeah, when you buy... You may wish to ask for a 3-pin ac adapter instead of the 2-pin ac adapter. Or whichever one that works for you.
    Can ask for 3-pin?? I didn't know that, already bought some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Belano
    cheaper at SITEX case only $199. with 40gb samsung >>$299 from their SiTEX brochure.

hdd from sls will be cheaper if u want to save a lil of cost.

Quote Originally Posted by runes
    Can ask for 3-pin?? I didn't know that, already bought some time ago.
    You can still bring back to Eastgear and request for a change. A friend of mine got his changed.