Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photo Trip: Borneo

Default Re: Photo Trip: Borneo

There'll be two trips.
    Sarawak in early Jan ( if i can find people to go ) or Feb... so far, is only me and maybe a fren going. I need more people for this trip.
    The trip will be visit to Gunung Mulu National Park ( trekking and explore bat caves ) and Semenggok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre.

Sabah, Mt KK in Early March... so far, me plus two other guys going
    The trip will be climbing Mt KK, trek one of the National Park and visit the Sepilok orangutan rehab center.

The trips will be nature/wildlife/photography oriented.

Email me at pixelsense@gmail.com for those who are interested. Easier to communicate. thanx people!
    Last edited by Ling Nightsky; 1st December 2005 at 11:12 AM.

ling, check your email. actually contents pretty short, i can go in march...

Quote Originally Posted by AdyH
    sounds very interesting liao ...

but wat's the plan like so far? goin in feb as originally planned by Ling or early march by the rest?

If in March me very interested but need to check work schedule n stuff. Tink shd be ok.

Zoosh: as we get older such things cant be avoided where people wanna go travel with bf/gf/fiancee/wife .. blah ... blah. If can just find one kaki as travel buddy consider urself lucky. Anyway wat's ur plan like for the next trip beside sabah?
    lots of holiday with weekends next year.
    plan:
    1. post xmas to new year, taiwan and okinawa
    2. chinese new year to early feb, hokkaido plus minus HK or thailand
    3. march, as above
    i can't make it in jan or feb, mar to apr should be gd and more flexible but need to apply leave when it comes

i once told my gf that one day i wish to go cuba, she look totally uninterested. last trip i suggested RSA or chile, but in the end only went tokyo & nikko for 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh
    lots of holiday with weekends next year.
    plan:
    1. post xmas to new year, taiwan and okinawa
    2. chinese new year to early feb, hokkaido plus minus HK or thailand
    3. march, as above
    i can't make it in jan or feb, mar to apr should be gd and more flexible but need to apply leave when it comes

i once told my gf that one day i wish to go cuba, she look totally uninterested. last trip i suggested RSA or chile, but in the end only went tokyo & nikko for 7 days.

Wah u got lotsa plans up ur sleeve already ya.

I did plan for Russia last yr but cuz only manage to find another fren gotta scrap tat plan since it's a pretty rough county n two small asian guy will probably look so outta place and easily bullied.. hahaha .. so we ended up goin to canada (alberta)

I'm actually plannin to go to either Japan or Egypt tis yr for my long trip. Tat's y the Sabah trip looks gd for my short trip. But gotta check with my colleagues 1st on this cuz they were the one who voice it out. Not very nice if i just ditch them n tag along with u guys.

wow, i even though of going Africa and Antarctica alone... lol... guess a little too ambitious for a little asian girl...

anyway, here's my travel-list: plan to travel to these places by 25.

1. Borneo
    2. South Africa
    3. Antarctica
    4. Alaska
    5. Churchill,Canada
    6. Switzerland
    7. Bahamas, Trinidad etc

i wanna go back to New Zealand again in the future...
    Oh, and anyone interested in lombok?
    Last edited by Ling Nightsky; 2nd December 2005 at 12:47 PM.

Good luck on your trip. I was in KK recently. Here's my top choice:
    1. Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort (can shoot orangutan there)
    2. Nexus Resort Karambunai (great sunrise at the beach)

In NZ must go Milford Sounds for some great landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    Good luck on your trip. I was in KK recently. Here's my top choice:
    1. Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort (can shoot orangutan there)
    2. Nexus Resort Karambunai (great sunrise at the beach)

In NZ must go Milford Sounds for some great landscapes
    wow, thanx for the tip!!!

Hey people

we now have enough people for the Mt KK trip in March.

Finding a few more to go to Sarawak in Feb.

thanx!

Wah u got lotsa plans up ur sleeve already ya.

I did plan for Russia last yr but cuz only manage to find another fren gotta scrap tat plan since it's a pretty rough county n two small asian guy will probably look so outta place and easily bullied.. hahaha .. so we ended up goin to canada (alberta)

I'm actually plannin to go to either Japan or Egypt tis yr for my long trip. Tat's y the Sabah trip looks gd for my short trip. But gotta check with my colleagues 1st on this cuz they were the one who voice it out. Not very nice if i just ditch them n tag along with u guys.
    plan can always plan a lot. in the end, can't really go unless i'm totally al'rite with being alone.

sometimes when backpacking alone, i will sing this song to myself "Are you lonesome tonight?....". yup, staying in the mountains at night is pretty boring and the night are looooonnnnnggggg...

by right, i'm supposed to go tasmania this month. by then have to accompany mum to taiwan...

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Nightsky
    wow, i even though of going Africa and Antarctica alone... lol... guess a little too ambitious for a little asian girl...

anyway, here's my travel-list: plan to travel to these places by 25.

1. Borneo
    2. South Africa
    3. Antarctica
    4. Alaska
    5. Churchill,Canada
    6. Switzerland
    7. Bahamas, Trinidad etc

i wanna go back to New Zealand again in the future...
    Oh, and anyone interested in lombok?
    by 25??? oh god, you are young, and you must have a lot of free time to go all these places. alaska doesn't seem a place that i would just want to stay for only a short week. i will get very busy from next may onwards and do not know if i can ever backpack again. but i hope i can rest my butt on every continent with people and see every different culture. i like a warm colors and for that, i prefer europe, mexico and south america.

going lombok to shoot the rice fields and volcanoes? or the beach? when do you intend it? interested, in fact i have shortlisted it as one of the short trips for dec.... but got to space out my trip. if not my superiors would be wondering where is my heart when i keep taking leave here and there. sigh, should have travel more when i'm a student.
    Last edited by zoossh; 3rd December 2005 at 10:19 AM.

by the way, ling, i saw your web and your photos are astonishingly lovely. they are graphical, balanced and well-saturated. i'm only a novice who is going to take basic photography course. look like i can learn a lot from you.....

i've given up in having a 'to go' list since every yr it gets much more diff to get a travel buddy. So tend to go destination by destination. Tis yr targetting only the KK and Japan/Egypt trip.

Dont wanna be too ambitious.

Btw South Africa is actually a nice place to visit fm wat i heard.

by 25??? oh god, you are young, and you must have a lot of free time to go all these places. alaska doesn't seem a place that i would just want to stay for only a short week. i will get very busy from next may onwards and do not know if i can ever backpack again. but i hope i can rest my butt on every continent with people and see every different culture. i like a warm colors and for that, i prefer europe, mexico and south america.

going lombok to shoot the rice fields and volcanoes? or the beach? when do you intend it? interested, in fact i have shortlisted it as one of the short trips for dec.... but got to space out my trip. if not my superiors would be wondering where is my heart when i keep taking leave here and there. sigh, should have travel more when i'm a student.
    No, currently i have a full-time job so no time to go places.... but i plan to switch from my current design job to photography soon... will see how it works out.
    I see u like culture and people... i much prefer quieter places where there's lots of nature and wildlife, lesser people, haha

Lombok to enjoy the beach! haha, and to shoot the rice field and stuff... and the nature...
    Originally planned to go this end of the year too but didn't go coz my fren was worried bout the bird flu.

oh, i took 14 days leave from my company when i went for New Zealand early this March. haha! 7 paid, and 7 unpaid leaves :P

by the way, ling, i saw your web and your photos are astonishingly lovely. they are graphical, balanced and well-saturated. i'm only a novice who is going to take basic photography course. look like i can learn a lot from you.....
    Thanx for the compliment! you will learn along the way as you shoot more.

i've given up in having a 'to go' list since every yr it gets much more diff to get a travel buddy. So tend to go destination by destination. Tis yr targetting only the KK and Japan/Egypt trip.

Dont wanna be too ambitious.

Btw South Africa is actually a nice place to visit fm wat i heard.
    Yeah, i wanna go to the big game and shoot the Big 5! ( with my camera of course :P )

By the way, which part of Japan you intended to go? i wanna go to the Awajishima island....
    Last edited by Ling Nightsky; 7th December 2005 at 02:13 PM.

Yeah, i wanna go to the big game and shoot the Big 5! ( with my camera of course :P )

By the way, which part of Japan you intended to go? i wanna go to the Awajishima island....
    hahaha.... 7 days only travel tokyo and nikko (and the nikko trip is so rushed). wanted to climb mt fuji but missed it due to gf sleeping late ..... hehehe.

now may have to find an alternative near taiwan to travel as new year period may be a bad time to go okinawa.

why awajishima? anything in particular in mind for shooting?

I havent really decide on which part but prefer to go to the outskirts n just a stopover at tokyo. Not really into shopping guess i'm more into photo takin wen i'm travelling. But then again depends on who's my travel buddy is. Have to reach a compromise i suppose.

To shoot the snow monkey!!! and to visit the three-generations family who comitted their life to look after the monkey reserve there...

To shoot the snow monkey!!! and to visit the three-generations family who comitted their life to look after the monkey reserve there...
    heard borneo found a new species of monkey-like animal. maybe we will see it?

haha. look around for guide books but sadly lonely planet indonesia is last printed 2003 Nov. too old for gd uses.....

oh, heard about the new species too... hope we can find it!!!!

hmmm, what about Insights Guide or Everyman?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast