Thread: Overclocking?

Default Overclocking?

hey guys, i am a newbie in the area of overclocking, so i am looking for tips from any of you who overclock their PCs.
    what software do you actually use to overclock the PC?
    currently, for overclocking graphics card, since i use ATi, i use RAGE3dTweak. are there better software for overclocking ATi cards?

how to overclock CPU?

Default Re: Overclocking?

some mobos are more suited to overclocking compared to others. most newer boards have bios that is able to increase the cpu clock, while some older ones need jumpers to reconfig the clock. check out tom's hardware website.

but having said that, i really doubt the gains in overclocking the pc. in terms of clocking speed, a 10% increase may not be noticeable. and u need extra care in thermal management to cool off the cpu and ram.
    Last edited by user12343; 24th November 2005 at 08:19 PM.

Make sure before you overclock, learn about cooling first.

There are better forums out there then CS I believe.

www.vr-zone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg

the above are just some of the examples.

Thread moved to kopitiam.

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    some mobos are more suited to overclocking compared to others. most newer boards have bios that is able to increase the cpu clock, while some older ones need jumpers to reconfig the clock. check out tom's hardware website.

but having said that, i really doubt the gains in overclocking the pc. in terms of clocking speed, a 10% increase may not be noticeable. and u need extra care in thermal management to cool off the cpu and ram.
    Agree with this. Overclocking only improves very little but may cause more damage.

As Bluestrike said there are many other suitable forums to ask these kind of questions.