Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shortchanged by GOD?

Default Re: Shortchanged by GOD?

Hmmm ... dunno why God gets the blame for everything ... like floods, harricanes, earthquakes etc are called "Acts of God". Ever heard of people thanking God when they strike toto or get promotion or got extra performance bonus?

With all due respect to the intent of the thread starter ...

I have my own disability as well. I am partially deaf in both ears and cannot hear well. In places where there are moderate background noises, I cannot even hear the words of people talking to me. When I sing, I go off-key and I dun even realise it (by the way, what is key?). My pronounciation is horrible as I cannot distingish sounds that are very close. For a long time, I pronounce "eight" as "egg" until someone pointed out to me. Still in many circumstances, I know that I phonetics is out ... like "seat" and "sit" ...

Hmmm, so how do I get out of this feeling of helplessness? I believe in God, Who created everything perfect. Due to Sin, the world becomes fallen and so is creation. Hence, things lost its prefection and so hear I am, partially deaf. I hold on to God's promise of an eternal life and a place where there will be no more tears, no more pain, no more suffering.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Rev 21:1-5

Quote Originally Posted by schon
    but hitler is sexy...
    you mean his moustache?

shortchanged in just about every department especially the finance department

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm
    Hmmm ... dunno why God gets the blame for everything ... like floods, harricanes, earthquakes etc are called "Acts of God". Ever heard of people thanking God when they strike toto or get promotion or got extra performance bonus?

With all due respect to the intent of the thread starter ...

I have my own disability as well. I am partially deaf in both ears and cannot hear well. In places where there are moderate background noises, I cannot even hear the words of people talking to me. When I sing, I go off-key and I dun even realise it (by the way, what is key?). My pronounciation is horrible as I cannot distingish sounds that are very close. For a long time, I pronounce "eight" as "egg" until someone pointed out to me. Still in many circumstances, I know that I phonetics is out ... like "seat" and "sit" ...

Hmmm, so how do I get out of this feeling of helplessness? I believe in God, Who created everything perfect. Due to Sin, the world becomes fallen and so is creation. Hence, things lost its prefection and so hear I am, partially deaf. I hold on to God's promise of an eternal life and a place where there will be no more tears, no more pain, no more suffering.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Rev 21:1-5
    i do it every friday... TGIF... THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!!!

i also have the same problem with you, i think ppl say i got a short tongue... can't pronounce things really well, during primary school, during PSLE oral, the invigilator asked if i need 'handicap', i told him no, hehe..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    hmm, gotta ask my tester liao, anyway, i also pass the color test for the Class 2B, but i din go & take 2B in the end...

sometimes i might even mistake the street lamps for traffic light... anybody wanna take a death ride?
    Walao. Hehe take 2 rides in your car liao. Still alive! =)
    Thanks for your story man. It's really inspiring.

QX

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm

[/COLOR]
    well, HE asked for it, didn't HE?
    remember it goes something like this,
    'creator of heaven n earth, of all that's seen n unseen, ....blah blah blah.'

btw, i BELIEVE.
    but one does not take creadits without blame,
    that's for the MEN IN WHITE.

jude

Quote Originally Posted by judeseah
    well, HE asked for it, didn't HE?
    remember it goes something like this,
    'creator of heaven n earth, of all that's seen n unseen, ....blah blah blah.'

btw, i BELIEVE.
    but one does not take creadits without blame,
    that's for the MEN IN WHITE.

jude
    Gandalf?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

wah, early morning wake up read this. I'm inspired man DCA

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    next time just use 'Alpha One'
    Think i should start antoher thread... Shortchanged by Alpha One? hahaha... den i take the 1st post over...

den next minute... y does it that everything bad have to blame on Alpha One? heheh...

hmm i think, maybe i would like to start a feel good forum...

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    wah, early morning wake up read this. I'm inspired man DCA
    i thought u would like to come, early morning wake up read tis... wat have god have to do with tis... hahah... what if god was one of us...

no problem man... anyway, was hoping ppl to share their experiences.. just would like to tell those ppl with suicidal thoughts that they should not look at just the moment, and move on... everyone will have their down moments... just think ahead, move on, den look back, and rejoice...

To me god doesn't exist at least in my world. I was a believer of christ at one point, but switched off soon after seeing people around me changed after converting to one. If there is a god, its not fair to short-comings in each individual.

No offence to all christians. Just a wall inside me which blocks me from meeting him.

To CAD: there is nothing perfect in this world. Depends on the angle you look at things, if you think the photo that is taken by you is prefect in your eyes and that's enough, you had won the battle. Because in the world of art, there are no answers. How many times you see an artist work and you say wow this is great.....(a white painting with a red dot-Titled "emptiness within").

Think i should start antoher thread... Shortchanged by Alpha One? hahaha... den i take the 1st post over...

den next minute... y does it that everything bad have to blame on Alpha One? heheh...

hmm i think, maybe i would like to start a feel good forum...
    well ... it's just a name, me and my friends like to use 'Alpha One' when referrring to ***

anyway with so much criticisms on you, i think if there's Alpha One, Alpha One will not blame you for blaming Alpha One
    Last edited by eikin; 25th November 2005 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leumas01
    To me god doesn't exist at least in my world. I was a believer of christ at one point, but switched off soon after seeing people around me changed after converting to one. If there is a god, its not fair to short-comings in each individual.

No offence to all christians. Just a wall inside me which blocks me from meeting him.

To CAD: there is nothing perfect in this world. Depends on the angle you look at things, if you think the photo that is taken by you is prefect in your eyes and that's enough, you had won the battle. Because in the world of art, there are no answers. How many times you see an artist work and you say wow this is great.....(a white painting with a red dot-Titled "emptiness within").
    hehehe.. CAD - Color Appreciation Deficiency...

anyway, i aint' exactly sad lah... its just that sometimes i felt that its a necessity forgone...

anyway, there is never the perfect picture with the most accurate colors, cos no matter what, ppl still like vibrant colors than the actual colors that we see... in short, truth hurts...

i'm alive... so i'm still in his debt.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Gandalf?
    Gandalf is the tall one right?

to me the ring bearer is a giant,
    get my perspective?

jude

Thumbs up Re: Shortchanged by GOD?

i wonder why people say its "shortchanged" by God.
    instead why not be thankful for everything else that you are blessed to have that is normal. i know its easier said than done but hopefully person by person would have the ability to understand this.

i do wonder what palette you actually see when you're colourblind but when i blink and view the world again, im eternally thankful for being able to appreciate colours in their every shade (however my photography skills and equip ($$) are still too newb to capture appropriately). same as how im thankful im able to stand on two feet, run, jump, swim, play.

however it is definitely true that life can deal you a more difficult and unfair hand, but no use lamenting i guess. just live with it as best as you can. *applause*

our society has made it so much so that its a "normal" person's society that makes life that much more difficult for the "abnormal" people. like traffic light colours, etc.
    but i think that most of the time, the only people that limits you is yourself.

kudos to the enlightened, like you.

Most of us measure on the things we don't have to determine whether we're short-changed in life, instead of the things we do have. Sometimes, all it takes is for one to travel to a third world nation, live amongst the underprivileged for some period of time, go without all the common luxuries we're used to (decent food, TV, computer, handphone, etc.); to know how blessed we are. It is often thru experience can we really comprehend answers that are obvious and simple.

Duh stop the whining already.

And stop all that preaching as well.
    Last edited by GDSNP; 19th December 2005 at 02:09 PM.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Why shortchanged??? Look at Job.....
    Are you in a position as bad as Job??

Gee... is that how the word "Job" came about.
    I've got a "Job" to do....
    My "Job" is *blah*blah*blah*.....

No wonder I love photography.... is a passion and not a "Job"....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast