Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortchanged by GOD?

Default Re: Shortchanged by GOD?

Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    do you see colours at all?
    do all photos and everything appears like a black & white photo to you?
    sorry I'm just curious.

I suppose we will never really understand what color-blind people see.

But I think it is possible to get a slight feel of this if we see through some form of filter such as those used by B&W photographer to help them see in monochrome.

I dont think God short changed anyone. If you did not get what you want at that time, maybe its because he knows that you are not ready yet. If there are trials, its His way of preparing you... Many-a-times we never count the many blessings that God bestowed on us and we just focus on our shortcomings and say that we are shortchanged in life...
    If you count your blessings, you will find that you are indeed blessed..

Till today, I am still puzzled by who created who first.......

But one thing I do know, he can't lay the blame on me......coz I got lower IQ(he somehow responsible?)

Reminds me...you can see traffic light color anot?
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by tush
    I dont think God short changed anyone. If you did not get what you want at that time, maybe its because he knows that you are not ready yet. If there are trials, its His way of preparing you... Many-a-times we never count the many blessings that God bestowed on us and we just focus on our shortcomings and say that we are shortchanged in life...
    If you count your blessings, you will find that you are indeed blessed..
    Sounds interesting. And which god might you be referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    nope.. ... but i manage to pass the electrical course... anyway, if they dun test me via that book, i am alright, just that book, i only manage to see the 1st page... after that, i can't see a single word or trace the line... thats how bad my eyes are...

on the same perspective, i can't just end the company just with a flick of a finger, i got employees below me, i got parents who have commited their time in the company, and i seem to be the only 1 taking over... so by hook or by crook, i need this skills... so y wasn't i not color blind? sometimes i just wish i could do other things that does not need color as a prerequisite... and i felt so sad whenever ppl tell me to do black & white photography... its not encouraging, its rather an insult, its like telling the blind to look at the bright side...

anyway, y was we discussing this when my 1st line on 1st thread was totally off the topic already...
    not tell you to end the company. But just leave those wiring to other ppl.
    And handle the management of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    not tell you to end the company. But just leave those wiring to other ppl.
    And handle the management of it.
    This is the sanest advice I have heard for a while.

but i dun see black & white... i see colors, but its just very mixed up, and i sometimes have headache seeing some mixture of colors, like red over blue, or blue over green, esp neons. and i can't differentiate mixtures... like for my enjoyment, i can see the RGB, CMYK, light dark, (individually, learn from looking at contrast) but when ppl ask me purple, i dunno, pink, i dunno... den when u pass me a box of color pencils, without labels, i am handicapped... most of my color work is by guessing...
    Not being judgemental here.

But how do you do photo-editing on the computer to get the right colour tone?? Was told that some colour blind photographers memorised the numbers on the colour chart, and edit accordingly. They even memorised the skin tone chart for the various races.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 24th November 2005 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Eh then how you do Photoshop ah if you colorblind?
    of course i got my ways lah...

but dun tell me my colors are off...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Sounds interesting. And which god might you be referring to?
    When asked by a reporter to comment on a religious issue, Mahatma Gandhi repiled:
    "My religion is between me and my God."

I beileve that the thread starter believe there is a God since he/she said that God shortchanged him/her. I'm just replying within his/her context.

Replying such because I do not want this thread to end up being a religion bashing thread...
    Last edited by tush; 24th November 2005 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Reminds me...you can see traffic light color anot?
    nope... but my analysis is pretty fast...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Not being judgemental here.

But how do you do photo-editing on the computer to get the right colour tone?? Was told that some colour blind photographers memorised the numbers on the colour chart, and edit accordingly. They even memorised the skin tone chart for the various races.
    yeap..

i remember by percentage & number... like if i wan blue, i'll use RGB, R-0, G-0, B-255
    if i wan black, den i select CMYK, C-0% M-0% Y-0% K-100%

for skin tone, i just duplicate using the dropper thing...

eh nobody else to share?
    Well, I think I still haven't moved on yet. So, nothing much to share. Still bitter abt how certain things goes another way and not what I'd expected...

And this year is really a particularly bad year, made me see things in ways I'd never thought possible.... A person claiming no money, opens a business, begs for help, the helper gets a "Thanks" and ends the entire story, just like that...

Really gave me a slap to put things in the perspective of the real world.

I'd really like to think that "人间有希望, 人间有爱". But lotsa things I'd seen made me question the existence of:
    - Justice
    - Loyalty
    - Honour
    - Integrity
    - Honesty
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

nope... but my analysis is pretty fast...
    ... must watch out for a black lancer...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Don't fire bombs at me, but I guess u can shoot excellent B&Ws?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Well, I think I still haven't moved on yet. So, nothing much to share. Still bitter abt how certain things goes another way and not what I'd expected...

And this year is really a particularly bad year, made me see things in ways I'd never thought possible.... A person claiming no money, opens a business, begs for help, the helper gets a "Thanks" and ends the entire story, just like that...

Really gave me a slap to put things in the perspective of the real world.

I'd really like to think that "人间有希望, 人间有爱". But lotsa things I'd seen made me question the existence of:
    - Justice
    - Loyalty
    - Honour
    - Integrity
    - Honesty
    hmm my parents got that slap at this age as well.. group claim no business, ask for venture, den when they become major shareholder, they keep asking for more funds, then when they stop giving they go kick them out, after we setup the entire production line for them... then best of all, dun buy your share, den still dare to change minutes of the company and do alot of alteration to the accounts... and best of all... still go around telling ppl in the market that they bully them... oh ya did i mention they set a new rule that they will only share dividend to them then to those 'other' shareholder, and its like equal to saying, no dividend... nice 1...

anyway i question too... but my analogy as below...

- Justice - with money, u get your justice, not the real 1, real ones no one will know, cos nobody will ever know the truth and the real truth, never believe in TV...
    - Loyalty - stabbed by so called 'brudder', loyalty exist if you honor it and not when ppl say it by mouth...
    - Honour - something ppl treasure but never practise... and esp if u got the money & backbone
    - Integrity - very thin line...
    - Honesty - depends its white or black... more often, grey... and a huge patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    ... must watch out for a black lancer...
    think u more color blind den me, cos i drove dark blue... hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Don't fire bombs at me, but I guess u can shoot excellent B&Ws?
    never try it yet... maybe next 1... now shooting more slides...

i dunno if it happens to other color blinds... but mine was i think quite bizarre...

cos when i was tested with the ishihara book (the book used to test for color blind) i can only see the 1st page, and only that, the subsequent pages are very distorted... blur i would say... which they classify as Total Colorblind...

but i dun see black & white... i see colors, but its just very mixed up, and i sometimes have headache seeing some mixture of colors, like red over blue, or blue over green, esp neons. and i can't differentiate mixtures... like for my enjoyment, i can see the RGB, CMYK, light dark, (individually, learn from looking at contrast) but when ppl ask me purple, i dunno, pink, i dunno... den when u pass me a box of color pencils, without labels, i am handicapped... most of my color work is by guessing...
    so how did you managed to pass the test during the driving course? curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    so how did you managed to pass the test during the driving course? curious.
    hmm, gotta ask my tester liao, anyway, i also pass the color test for the Class 2B, but i din go & take 2B in the end...

sometimes i might even mistake the street lamps for traffic light... anybody wanna take a death ride?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast