Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shortchanged by GOD?

Default Re: Shortchanged by GOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    because i am not. I see the beauty of it.
    And if you are, you'll see the beauty of being not.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Hmm, cos i free thinker?

so who should i seek instead?
    ask for a refund!!
    or and exchange!

hehehe, got that too... man can't cry... lppl... cry also cannot... kena shortchanged to be a man...

anyway, i hope for a better pair of specs so that i can do the things i wanted to do... at least you guys get to wear a tinted glass, take it out, still normal, but once being stereotyped, even if u can overcome, u can never be what u wanted to be.. cos u will still be a hazard to the operation... would u trust a color blind pilot? or maybe if i tell ppl i'm doing the wiring, den will ppl still trust me? cos when i see the 3 core wire, i can't see the diff between them sometimes...
    some of us don't have the skills, some of us don't have the abilities.
    A road is long, with port holes and rocks the size of a mountain, how do you choose to walk this road? around the barriers? or walk into it a few more times hoping it will disappear?

in the frist place, should u be doing wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by kaywalk
    And if you are, you'll see the beauty of being not.
    Glass is always greener on the other side.

Bro, be thank ful you are only color blind, not blind.

Not everyone is perfect, there's always someone in a worst case than you.

In your darkest moments in life, it's either your turning point to rise to the occasion or just keep dwelling in the hole you created.

Shortchanged by God? ....nay.....
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Hmm, cos i free thinker?

so who should i seek instead?

If you are a free thinker, then your post should not read "Shortchanged by God"- because you are blaming an entity that does not exist in your mind and life.

If you are a free thinker, then you have no recourse but to blame cellular mutations that resulted in your color blindness.

If you are truly a free thinker, then the issue you raised is an amoral one.

You have no recourse.

But you can, if you want to, to change the way you perceive things, and be a "better" person. But then, if you are a free thinker, how do you define "better", having no standards as reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    some of us don't have the skills, some of us don't have the abilities.
    A road is long, with port holes and rocks the size of a mountain, how do you choose to walk this road? around the barriers? or walk into it a few more times hoping it will disappear?

in the frist place, should u be doing wiring?
    nope.. ... but i manage to pass the electrical course... anyway, if they dun test me via that book, i am alright, just that book, i only manage to see the 1st page... after that, i can't see a single word or trace the line... thats how bad my eyes are...

on the same perspective, i can't just end the company just with a flick of a finger, i got employees below me, i got parents who have commited their time in the company, and i seem to be the only 1 taking over... so by hook or by crook, i need this skills... so y wasn't i not color blind? sometimes i just wish i could do other things that does not need color as a prerequisite... and i felt so sad whenever ppl tell me to do black & white photography... its not encouraging, its rather an insult, its like telling the blind to look at the bright side...

anyway, y was we discussing this when my 1st line on 1st thread was totally off the topic already...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by student
    If you are a free thinker, then your post should not read "Shortchanged by God"- because you are blaming an entity that does not exist in your mind and life.

If you are a free thinker, then you have no recourse but to blame cellular mutations that resulted in your color blindness.

You have no recourse.

But you can, if you want to, to change the way you perceive things, and be a "better" person. But then, if you are a free thinker, how do you define "better", having no standards as reference?
    Sorry for the digression, but free thinking is not synonymous to atheism, nor agnosticism; it could mean the individual believes in God, but does not agree with any orthodox religions on their doctrines.

so anybody wanna jump now?
    The question to ask is "Which God do you feel you have been shortchanged by?"

Maybe if you try out a few different gods (sic), you might find one that does not shortchange you. There are many choices out there just like there are many camera brands, each with pros and cons.

(If you're a Canon user, you're probably already worshipping Kwanon ;-))
    Last edited by kahheng; 24th November 2005 at 11:21 AM.

You have no recourse.

so cheem... think i better change my topic title to something else... hmm i thought its predestined... so maybe i should blame my parents...

so which would be a better topic title?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by podeam
    Sorry for the digression, but free thinking is not synonymous to atheism, nor agnosticism; it could mean the individual believes in God, but does not agree with any orthodox religions on their doctrines.

Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, I am aware of the difference.

But if someone "believes" and yet not agree, then my suspicion is whether he really "believes". Be free to disagree with me.

But we should not go further in this line of discussion in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    Bro, be thank ful you are only color blind, not blind.

Not everyone is perfect, there's always someone in a worst case than you.

In your darkest moments in life, it's either your turning point to rise to the occasion or just keep dwelling in the hole you created.

Shortchanged by God? ....nay.....
    yeap yeap, actually my topic is actually directed at those dunno wat sucidal kinda topic... thought could maybe lighten up things... but ended up... haiz...

think i go complain y i am so short... compared to u... den u so handsome... i so ugly... think i better go find some loose change....

think i go complain y i am so short... compared to u... den u so handsome... i so ugly... think i better go find some loose change....
    Fret not, there have been many small statured and ugly people who've done significant things with their lives - e.g., Napoleon, Hitler, Didier Deschamp.............

I agree on the height issue, but the looks issue I disagree...lol
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

anyway, y was we discussing this when my 1st line on 1st thread was totally off the topic already...

I apologise.

Let me first quote the examples of two visually impaired persons

1 The poet Helen Keller. Born blind. Her poems of beauty and color are true inspirations to millions. She "saw" more than the average person.

2 The photographer Albert Watson. A British born Fashion photographer with one eye. If you can, take a look at his fist book "Cyclops' and see how this one eye photographer made beautiful images.

And one more example. Once on the way back from Honolulu, A blind Korean man was sitting in front on me in the cabin. I asked him what was he doing in Honolulu. He said he wanted to experience the beauty of Honolulu. I pointed out that he could not see. With great patience for my ignorance,he told me " I could feel the air. I could smell the flowers. I could touch the sands. And I taste the sea salt".

I was humbled by this experience.

do you see colours at all?
    do all photos and everything appears like a black & white photo to you?
    sorry I'm just curious.

I apologise.

Let me first quote the examples of two visually impaired persons

1 The poet Helen Keller. Born blind. Her poems of beauty and color are true inspirations to millions. She "saw" more than the average person.

2 The photographer Albert Watson. A British born Fashion photographer with one eye. If you can, take a look at his fist book "Cyclops' and see how this one eye photographer made beautiful images.

And one more example. Once on the way back from Honolulu, A blind Korean man was sitting in front on me in the cabin. I asked him what was he doing in Honolulu. He said he wanted to experience the beauty of Honolulu. I pointed out that he could not see. With great patience for my ignorance,he told me " I could feel the air. I could smell the flowers. I could touch the sands. And I taste the sea salt".

I was humbled by this experience.
    no problem student, anyway, i felt like things like this would help inspire those demotivated ppl to move on, esp with life examples and by sharing... so i think we should share abit of how we can motivate ourselves and not think negatively...

maybe i change my title... dedicated to maria.

Kinda free now... den see so many demoralising threads... maybe i bring some motivating things in... hehe... just add on things that GOD have shortchanged you, den write how you overcome it...

1) Colorblind... anyway, god is damn shortchanging me... cos i was born colorblind, yet, i have perfect eyesight even after daily gaming sessions in the past... (but dun ask me the difference between the terrorist & counter terrorist from afar...) when young i wanted to be a pilot, a doctor, and every other thing that deals with color, so ended up, i can't do a thing about it, read that there is glasses that can do that, but only for minor colorblind, ended up more devastated... and my family runs manufacturing of electrical items, and all i know, i can't even see the color of the wires, i have to sometimes ask what the difference between the 2 color (dark red & dark green, dark yellow & light green, light blue & pink, pink & purple (ok... sometimes i even mistake light blue & purple...)

anyway, since its since birth i was destined to be blind... i've tried to see contrast between each color, memorize the direction of the traffic lights (yeah... there is a trick u know...) and also, managed to 'pass' my color test for driving, and have my driving license, anyway, else i might be dead by now... kena bang by car numerous times over...

2) Inferiority... dunno y... since young, i always felt that i am the weakest link... its like, in school, no matter what grades i get, what scores i get, everybody keep comparing my scores with my siblings... and even if end of the day i score better, they just say its my luck... or my parents bought the grades... i can't see y my principal, teachers can't just separate me from them, maybe its destined that i must go to every school they have been to... then i happen to go to the 'lower' class they had gone... like primary school, i always in B class, when they in A class, my sis score from top down number 1, i score from bottom up number 1, hehe... they go express class, i go normal class... anyway, i know how to use PC den, they dun... thats the difference...

anyway, turned into worse when i was in secondary school when i was being targeted by the psychotic teachers group... imagine that my hair wasn't short, and was cut by them till i dun even dare to go out (went to cut botak once, and swear never to cut again), uniform was poured by oil by the teachers (ask mom to bring a fresh set to school...), was asked to do star jump before i can talk to that particular teacher..., gotta seat in class behind the wall, den when others was having class, i was in the oven room baking myself with my laptop, and a hell lot more... then was being ostracised by the class due to the frequent conflicts i get into with the school, landing the class into frequent inspections... anyway, felt like dying then, thought about commit suicide and such... even had chest pain, shortness of breath, just thinking about going to schoool...

anyway, i felt that, with that type of experience, what makes me weak, makes me stronger... who wanna see me down, makes me motivated to go on... to hell with the system... anyway, i've also learnt much from their 'teachings', endure, endure & outsmart... and to be independent... when there is no one there for you, you still have yourself... when you lose yourself, then thats the end of the game... and unlike other games, there isn't a save point, reset button... 1 try, for better or worst, til end of it, we have to go on...

so anybody wanna jump now?
    Eh then how you do Photoshop ah if you colorblind?

Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    sorry I'm just curious.
    But how would he know how to describe it to a non-colour blind person? (and vice versa) There may be no common experiential terms of reference since the colour constructs are sensed so differently.

Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    sorry I'm just curious.
    i dunno if it happens to other color blinds... but mine was i think quite bizarre...

cos when i was tested with the ishihara book (the book used to test for color blind) i can only see the 1st page, and only that, the subsequent pages are very distorted... blur i would say... which they classify as Total Colorblind...

but i dun see black & white... i see colors, but its just very mixed up, and i sometimes have headache seeing some mixture of colors, like red over blue, or blue over green, esp neons. and i can't differentiate mixtures... like for my enjoyment, i can see the RGB, CMYK, light dark, (individually, learn from looking at contrast) but when ppl ask me purple, i dunno, pink, i dunno... den when u pass me a box of color pencils, without labels, i am handicapped... most of my color work is by guessing...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast