Thread: Can't stay awake

Default Can't stay awake

Shot this in HK some time back.
    Comments and critiques welcome
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Default Re: Can't stay awake

this colour thing is way too busy, if there is a way to make all the BG around the subject dark on photoshop, that would look nice

Quote Originally Posted by rhp
    this colour thing is way too busy, if there is a way to make all the BG around the subject dark on photoshop, that would look nice
    Thank you, I'll give it a try when I have the time later.

Any other C & C from others?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Blog Entries

quite nice, but i would perfer it if it wereat night so that the highlights from the sky would not be so glaring. Looks like major PS work.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    quite nice, but i would perfer it if it wereat night so that the highlights from the sky would not be so glaring. Looks like major PS work.
    Thanks. no major PS done just level, sat than sharpen.

Blog Entries

i mean that it will take major PS work to turn the daytime into night as I would have prefered

i think it'll look better in b&w with burning/dodging to focus the attention on the sleeping man (lady?). This is what I mean, hope you don't mind i did some editing on your photo. Will delete it if it's not ok .

the PS masters can prolly do _much_ better job.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    i think it'll look better in b&w with burning/dodging to focus the attention on the sleeping man (lady?). This is what I mean, hope you don't mind i did some editing on your photo. Will delete it if it's not ok .

the PS masters can prolly do _much_ better job.
    Thanks Knoxknocks. B/W do gives it a diff feel. Don't need to delete, I'm OK with this image.

Any comments as to which one is better from others?

I like the black and white more as the distracting colors are removed. The vignetting done on the b/w centers viewer attention. Another angle to remove the washed out background on the left would have made it more effective, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kre
    I like the black and white more as the distracting colors are removed. The vignetting done on the b/w centers viewer attention. Another angle to remove the washed out background on the left would have made it more effective, I guess.
    Thanks. I guess most like B/W as it have more "drama".

Kre, the B/W is done by knoxknocks.

Blog Entries

yes the B/W is better but could have kept the shadow details

i suppose u like the contrast in the two lives - one dozing and the other alive and moving: some live life, some let life past by ...

I also think the content in a pic is more important that the technicalities, and if the message is strong some technical flaws are OK.

So the question here is: Is the message or photo content coming across clearly, strongly and unambiguously?

If not then see what PS work and what photo techniques is or was necessary to make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by espion
    i suppose u like the contrast in the two lives - one dozing and the other alive and moving: some live life, some let life past by ...

I also think the content in a pic is more important that the technicalities, and if the message is strong some technical flaws are OK.

So the question here is: Is the message or photo content coming across clearly, strongly and unambiguously?

If not then see what PS work and what photo techniques is or was necessary to make it so.
    Thanks espion. Yes, i do agreed that the message in an image should be an inportant factor. No use having a flawless technically shot but it fail to get the message across.

But having said that, the photographer should strive to better himself with every shot he takes. I first have to "see' the message myself, feel the mood of the image, than present it to others and see if they see and feel the same. For me, feedback from others will tell me if I've been able to get the message across. Comments on the technical part of the images will also help me to improve and try to "see" my own images from other's point of view.

From your POV ( your comments on para 1 ), I have been able to get the mood and feel of the image across, at least to you. Thanks.

I've got more to learn from many others here.