Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips...heehee

Default Re: Tips...heehee

A good picture is more than just correct exposure.
    Even if your camera have "God" mode for exposure, you are still the one composing the picture.
    Learn to shoot more, read books, see other people's travel photos and learn from there.
    You might be disappointed this time, but I'm sure your next tour you will get your rewards if you practice more.

thanks...that was encouraging...lol..
    ill be bringing my compact to...

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim
    i not trying to be lazy....i didnt buy a dslr to be lazy...
    good, you're having holidays now, make full use of your time experimenting on sunsets/sunrise. try many times with different settings and tell us what is a good setting and why. you'll probably get more help that way.

kk

i see you stay along NEL, our urban environment may be too cluttered for learning the basics, take a train down to punggol when you're free. the landscapes here are easier for people new to photography to deal with for a start. everytime after shooting, ask yourself what you like or don't like about your shots, why, and is there any way to make them better, and how. make references to good pictures from magazines. after that choose the few that you think are really good to post for critique, i assure you that you'll speed through your learning curve.
    Last edited by eikin; 21st November 2005 at 10:17 PM.

....thats nice...btw where in punggol that is easily accessible,near to nature yt nt secluded....??i dont wanna be alone

Blog Entries

then join a photoshoot

....thats nice...btw where in punggol that is easily accessible,near to nature yt nt secluded....??i dont wanna be alone
    #1 check the street directory to have a rough impression of the layout of the place
    #2 check sbstransit website for buses that comes to Punggol, check against the road names you find on the street directory
    #3 check for pictures of Punggol on CS, there are plenty
    #4 come, explore, shoot and enjoy the process

i don't know where you stay, for a start, 82 goes all the way to punggol end. there's a police station there, so you know where to get help if really in need. otherwise areas around the MRT are good for exploration also, there are many ways to come to Punggol, you just need to find out which is the most convenient.

i live at kovan..

i live at kovan..
    better still, most probably you can take bus 62 to Punggol Park (before Sengkang) or all the way to Punggol, what are you waiting for? have you planned for tomorrow's sunrise?

sunrise this season damn hard to take
    i was recommended begining of april...by christopher frm CP

Blog Entries

everyday got sunrise and sunset.
    practice and try out different settings

i think the "fully auto" mode will be best for u..... or.. bring a compact :P

....i will bring both..compact n dslr

really u should go to your nearest library to borrow some books. I have been borrowing a few books every month and bringing to my camp to read when got no sai gang to do. really helps. better if you get those film camera books. really makes u understand alot so that you cant wait to touch your camera again when you book out.

once you have mastered your camera, go get the books on the history of photography etc. you gotta really understand this form of art to truely appreciate it, and in turn take photographs that other people will appreciate.

....wah reliven thread... ..no offence but photography books is usually ard the same thing...standard stuff mar...i prefer shooting and learning frm there

....wah reliven thread... ..no offence but photography books is usually ard the same thing...standard stuff mar...i prefer shooting and learning frm there
    you seem to be contradicting yourself. most of the questions you ask here can be found in photography books.

Top 10 Tips for using a dSLR

#10: Always check that memory card is inserted.
    #09: Always check batteries are charged before use.
    #08: Always remove lens cap before use.
    #07: Always check ISO before use.
    #06: Always check your white balance before use. (unless shooting raw)
    #05: Always check the image size you are shooting at before use. (unless shootin raw)
    #04: Always shoot RAW.
    #03: Always check your metering mode before use.
    #02: Always check your AF point is correct.

And the number 1 tip for using a dSLR is ......

Always bring your camera along with you wherever you go because you never know when you will get the inspiration to shoot.

Work: PicasaWeb | Play: Animus3 | Mobile: Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by reiv
    you seem to be contradicting yourself. most of the questions you ask here can be found in photography books.
    yea i know i double standards...my bad

sean, you stay in kovan right.

take a train down to hougang, go to cheng san library in the mall. it has a pretty nifty selection of books on photography. grab a few that might interest you, and go through them when you get home. it'd help more than playing around with settings and spending time on the forums here.

you mentioned that you did not get a dslr to be lazy. so yes, get your butt off your chair now and head down to the library.

P.S. you can borrow up to EIGHT books till 31st January, so bring a bag to carry all those books.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast