Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for Wedding Photographer

Default Re: Question for Wedding Photographer

agreed with ckuang about using a telephoto lens which is useful in situations as such and also during the whole wedding event for zoom-in creativity and expressions shots.

It happened to me once before when it was downpouring so heavily that even with an umbrella, it is still going to get you and your gear wet. So i stood in the shelter (HDB void deck), took out the 2nd camera with a 70-200 attached to it and shoot the 'welcome the bridegroom' pics.

Since it is rainning, I am sure you will not have relatives running out to welcome the bridegroom except the poor chap who has been assigned. Therefore, it should not be too difficult to get a good angle.

Good luck and believe me, your experience grows as you shoot more and more.

Cheers and God bless,

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang
    Hi Photoguy

if all else fails, you can also try shooting from a sheltered area using a telephoto lens. You'll have to plan it before it happens though. In response to other posters who said you shouldn't do the shoot if you can't handle it, i think they're being a little rough on you so don't take it to heart. We all started out from the beginning at some point, just make sure you handle the couple's expectations as best as you can. Most important of all..have fun. We're all learning no matter how many wedidngs we've shot. Good luck and hope to see your pics soon.

Actually if it's raining so heavily, i think the groom also sian 1/2 and just want to dash out after door opening, with no shelter that is. Wouldn't worry about not getting the shot. Happened to me once. I just didn't shoot, no problem at all. Actually I did shoot, but at the void deck with the groom handling the ang pow over to the kid. Both freaking wet, where got mood to slowly use umbrella man. I tell ya, freaking heavy with horizontal rain, 50m also cannot see type.

I was in one such situation 2 months ago. It was pouring and there was a 20 metre distance from the car to the void deck shelter. So I asked one of the 'brothers' to follow me with an umbrella to the groom's car.

Blog Entries

erm... sorry for stating the obvious...

there are such things as a weather cover for a SLR... u can check out perly's post in consumer....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Use a 300mm f2.8 and stand far far away with a walkie talkie.

Or wrap your whole camera body with plastic........

Or get a hawker stall unbrealla.......

Or get a underwater camera.........

Sorry for the OT but there are some solutions.

There are so many options for the original poster to choose. If you are really interested to be a wedding photographer, you should GO to the premises of where the Groom will be greeted. Don't be lazy. A photographer always recce the place if he is unsure about the location and so on. If you know the groom and bride lives in HDB, at least you know how the lighting should be like inside their house. Outside, you will seriously have to hunt for a good spot.

If weather is unpredictable, then have a few option at the tips of your fingers. Discuss with the groom and bride about your situation. They may come up with a better idea. You are the main person in the wedding as well. You should have some control.

So go recce lar..
    Last edited by Pro Image; 26th November 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    If you're so worried about the camera, suggest you might as well don't shoot.
    the guy is asking for opinion and help, if u dunno any, i suggest u might as well don't post.

Why is it not possible to proceed with the door opening just because it's raining heavily? You have an invention called - "the umbrella".
    maybe u also dunno the meaning of heavy rain
    web | blog | fb | ig

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by EiRiK
    the guy is asking for opinion and help, if u dunno any, i suggest u might as well don't post.
    I did give opinions and help, it seems that you are the ONE without giving any.

maybe u also dunno the meaning of heavy rain
    Don't bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Actually if it's raining so heavily, i think the groom also sian 1/2 and just want to dash out after door opening, with no shelter that is. Wouldn't worry about not getting the shot. Happened to me once. I just didn't shoot, no problem at all. Actually I did shoot, but at the void deck with the groom handling the ang pow over to the kid. Both freaking wet, where got mood to slowly use umbrella man. I tell ya, freaking heavy with horizontal rain, 50m also cannot see type.
    i think i remember mid autumn this year, 18 sept 2005, it was pouring like $%@#%#@%@#^ but lucky for me when the groom arrived it was only a slight drizzle. when i arrived to shoot the make up i could hardly see 50m in front of me, like you mentioned.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    i think i remember mid autumn this year, 18 sept 2005, it was pouring like $%@#%#@%@#^ but lucky for me when the groom arrived it was only a slight drizzle. when i arrived to shoot the make up i could hardly see 50m in front of me, like you mentioned.
    Yeah, the whole morning was raining, a quick check with some friends proved that the whole island was with cats & dogs. Oh well who cares, shoot first, talk later.

I did give opinions and help, it seems that you are the ONE without giving any.
    wow u read thru the entire thread just to see whether i gave any? so free....

Don't bet on it.
    i never bet on ppl's nonsense
    web | blog | fb | ig

Deregistered

wow u read thru the entire thread just to see whether i gave any? so free....
    Don't need to, idiots never post constructive responses but to start baits for others.

i never bet on ppl's nonsense
    Yeah, can tell, because nonsensical people and nonsense doesn't mix.

Don't need to, idiots never post constructive responses but to start baits for others.

Yeah, can tell, because nonsensical people and nonsense doesn't mix.
    i knew its gonna end up with name-calling... oh well...
    web | blog | fb | ig

Deregistered

i knew its gonna end up with name-calling... oh well...
    Oh, don't worry about it, those were general remarks, unless you felt that you belong to those two groups

Oh, don't worry about it, those were general remarks, unless you felt that you belong to those two groups
    oh i certainly dont...
    Last edited by EiRiK; 26th November 2005 at 02:15 PM.
    web | blog | fb | ig

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    Tio liao lor bro, it's that one. The videog and I were even shivering from the wind as the rain blew right into the void deck. If the pick-up timing is early before sunrise (like mine) then siao liao..... Even got pro body also no mood to shoot man...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Tio liao lor bro, it's that one. The videog and I were even shivering from the wind as the rain blew right into the void deck. If the pick-up timing is early before sunrise (like mine) then siao liao..... Even got pro body also no mood to shoot man...
    Wah... got PRO body ah, can I be your PA?

Wah... got PRO body ah, can I be your PA?
    No lar, i meant that even if I have a pro body (ie water resistant) I also wouldn't have the mood to get exposed to the rain and shoot. Too cold.... Not me only.....everyone also siamed. heh

Anyway, just now also raining in the NW regions. Supposed to go Sungei Buloh, but decided not. Must be careful of cat 1 lightning risk also if anybody is taking outdoors, it's really no joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12