Thread: Help - Adding RAM to Mac

Phildate
    Guests

Default Help - Adding RAM to Mac

I bought some more RAM to add to my G5 Powermac yesterday but after adding it, the machine failed to start up, instead flashing the power light at me in groups of 3 blinks! Anyone know what the problem could be?? The machine works fine again since removing the additional RAM. Have the Apple Centre at Wheelock sold me the wrong sort?

Default Re: Help - Adding RAM to Mac

Could be, best that you have them fix it for you.

Phil, there is a minor problem which even Apple centre can't even fix it. You just need to wait. I have friends who owns G5 has exactly the same problem as yours. It has something to do with the Apple OSX.......

Blog Entries

remove the ram and try to start up again

How many pieces did you buy?

Phildate
    Guests

Thanks guys for the input - in the end the RAM I bought (from Apple at Wheelock) turned out to be at fault. Had to go back and change and made them test it on their machine before bringing home. They looked most disgruntled!

If Steve Jobs came here and saw how bad the customer service was in that place he would quit and ask Bill Gates for a job!

Hahah Wheelock Apple. I prefer the apple store in Funan tho, their blond haired manager is pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    Thanks guys for the input - in the end the RAM I bought (from Apple at Wheelock) turned out to be at fault. Had to go back and change and made them test it on their machine before bringing home. They looked most disgruntled!

If Steve Jobs came here and saw how bad the customer service was in that place he would quit and ask Bill Gates for a job!
    The Wheelock Apple is not really a REAL APPLE STORE, right? They are still under a company....Steve Jobs will not really be bothered so much.....about it

FUNAN? After sales service sucks man.......Overall I find APPLE SINGAPORE after sales service is HORRIBLE. When something goes wrong, they will find ways to not to exchange for you. SUCKS! In the States and Tokyo, no question ask. They will be more than happy to do it. The Apple Service Centre is totally unbearable too.

Although I own an iBook but I am glad no problem after one year.....but i also own a DELL and their after sales service is EXCELLENT....!

Over here all they think is PROFIT PROFIT and MORE PROFIT. Business sometimes you win some and you lose some but only in Singapore is only want to win.