Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    This photo was taken sometimes back.
    ISO is 1600 shot handheld.





    No, thats not my bike, I still took a cab home that night, with the midnite charge imposed.

    Please feel free to comments... am still learning. Thanks.

    Cheers,
    Francis Tan.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    The high iso in this case gave the photo a grainy, old photo kind of feel, which is quite appropriate

    However, the lighting appears to be a bit unbalanced, left wall seems a bit washed out?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz23
    The high iso in this case gave the photo a grainy, old photo kind of feel, which is quite appropriate

    However, the lighting appears to be a bit unbalanced, left wall seems a bit washed out?
    Yap, there is a light bulb near to the left wall, while the right side is totally dark.
    Its a hard decision to make, either to break the bulb or overexpose part of the photo.
    I choose the later, because the bulb owner was sitting outside watching.... kekeke.

    Cheers,
    Francis Tan.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    2,940

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by tkp77
    Yap, there is a light bulb near to the left wall, while the right side is totally dark.
    Its a hard decision to make, either to break the bulb or overexpose part of the photo.
    I choose the later, because the bulb owner was sitting outside watching.... kekeke.

    Cheers,
    Francis Tan.
    I guess u had no choice then

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    hmm... just a picture of a bicycle. Nothing in the picture suggest to me what you wish to imply on midnight transport. Try harder on composition, framing the overall scene with the bicycle in it would give clues for the viewer to interpret.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    hmm... just a picture of a bicycle. Nothing in the picture suggest to me what you wish to imply on midnight transport. Try harder on composition, framing the overall scene with the bicycle in it would give clues for the viewer to interpret.
    AGREE with this statement. Feels like a quick composition. Angles could have been better, and the cropping.... leaves much to be desired.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    Thanks for the above comments,
    But if more specific advice on angle and composition will help.

    BTW, yap, thats a bicycle only.... yap, nothing much... the title is to give you room to imagine... thats the fun of copywriting and photos.... give the viewer something to think about.

    Cheers,
    Francis Tan.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by tkp77
    Thanks for the above comments,
    But if more specific advice on angle and composition will help.

    BTW, yap, thats a bicycle only.... yap, nothing much... the title is to give you room to imagine... thats the fun of copywriting and photos.... give the viewer something to think about.

    Cheers,
    Francis Tan.
    Like i said, if you want to impart the idea of 'midnite transport', you do better by framing an overall scene. First and foremost give indication/clues that it is midnight, secondly that you require transport. Otherwise you are not giving any room for imagination with this photograph, you could scribe pages but with a photograph of just a bicycle, it's very plainly "this is a bicycle" which doesn't add anything that your write-up hasn't covered.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,156

    Default Re: Late nite transport.... no midnite charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    Like i said, if you want to impart the idea of 'midnite transport', you do better by framing an overall scene. First and foremost give indication/clues that it is midnight, secondly that you require transport. Otherwise you are not giving any room for imagination with this photograph, you could scribe pages but with a photograph of just a bicycle, it's very plainly "this is a bicycle" which doesn't add anything that your write-up hasn't covered.
    wow... thanks for the advice....

    Cheers,
    Francis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •