Thread: Do you guys agree? Advice needed pls...

Default Do you guys agree? Advice needed pls...

hi to all here...

i am currently looking ard for a good digicam...and whenever i mentioned that i feel like getting prosumer cams like the Canon S2, ppl i know ll advise me to save up a little more to get a dslr instead as their opinion is tt prosumer camera has quite limited capability and at the same time expensive, and hence i shd get a dslr which can last me even if i venture deeper into photography...

however, personally i dun see myself spendg tt kind of money on a dslr yet...not saying bringg one ard as i'm still a mere novice! hence, i reali need more advice on what i shd do now! especially sitex is coming next week..reali wish to get one by then...anyway, betw the S2 and the newly launched A610, which do u guys think is beta? my heart goes for the S2, but my head tells me the A610 is more than enuff for me... appreciate if any bros here can update me on the price of the two too! thks...

Default Re: Do you guys agree? Advice needed pls...

erm...after reading sm of the posting, guess this is kind of a repeated and common qns here...! guess i will hv to figure out the dilemma myself...! well...still appreciate if sm bros here can update me on the pricing...thks!!

i used Canon's A series, first the A70, then A95 for over five years. i have been very happy with the results. i recently got a 350D. i still use my A95.

A610 is a very competent camera. be assured. but dont buy from SITEX. the prices are expensive. they only throw in more freebies that u dont really need. get an equote from AP,CP or Mscolor and buy from their stores during SITEX period

Get the dslr after you have really known if you need such a high end camera. You be better off losing money from upgrading from prosumer to dslr then from dslr down to consumer level.

thks bro TMC for the advice... as well as bro isaiah too...will check out those stores...

hmm...recently the Panasonic FZ-5 has caught my attention too...can sm bros here comment on the two brands -> Canon Vs Panasonic ?

I tot i hv my mind stuck wif Canon products already, but it seems like the fz5 are getg quite sm positive comments/feedback as well. sm more, it's much cheaper than the Canon S2. though budget is my main concern, dun wanna end up wif an inferior product! so kind of stuck in a dilemma now...

any comments/suggestions are gladly welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwindsg
    hmm...recently the Panasonic FZ-5 has caught my attention too...can sm bros here comment on the two brands -> Canon Vs Panasonic ?

I tot i hv my mind stuck wif Canon products already, but it seems like the fz5 are getg quite sm positive comments/feedback as well. sm more, it's much cheaper than the Canon S2. though budget is my main concern, dun wanna end up wif an inferior product! so kind of stuck in a dilemma now...

Go to the shops, have a feel of the cams you are interested in.

For me, The situation was like you now.

First thinking of the FZ-5 and FZ-20. but the ISO 200 and 400 noisy and read on the S2 IS and found that I like the feature of the movie mode where I can zoom lense in/out.

So I bought the S2 at $850 from MS Color. Lovin' it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwindsg

IMO..Panasonic camera not very good....too much noise, esp in the FZ-5....have tried it out in the battle field before...pics cant make it....

oh man...tt doesn't sound good for the fz5...hmm...but honestly, i also cant reali afford the S2..no matter how much i love it too!! if not fz5, most prob i will go for A610/20 liao...sad...or even wait till early next yr then get the S2 also another option lah...but will miss all the opportunity for phototakg during the festive seasons...haiz...

If you are on tide budget, FZ5 is the best choose on the market...
    TO SEE, TO FEEL, TO PHOTOGRAPH.

how abt a second hand canon S1? saw it in the buy/sell thread...is it v far off frm its brother S2 or even the fz5??

why settle for 2nd hand when you can get a brand new one?
    I just got a Finepix S5600 (same class as FZ5?) for $599 at MSColour (include GST) and comes with free casing and also 256MB XDcard.

Here's a quick link to S5600:
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/digital...094742p,00.htm

Very nice looking camera and perform well too. The 5th generation Super CCD really delivers low noise photos at ISO400 and below. at ISO1600 or ISO800, can see noise, but is good for 4R prints still.