Thread: Friends

Default Friends

Last edited by quackaroo; 17th February 2002 at 02:44 AM.
    Illumn|Facebook| Canon 5D Mark II | 16-35mm 2.8L | 24-70mm f2.8L | 85mm 1.8 | Strobist

Again, it's good stuff, but I personally don't like the way you've treated the contrast/exposure. There's too much whiteout without detail; hovering on the fringe of registrable detail would've been better. This looks selectively tweaked... personally again I would prefer a bit more subtlety- a great effect is still achievable!

wah.. really good picture here.. very artistic
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by Jed
    Again, it's good stuff, but I personally don't like the way you've treated the contrast/exposure. There's too much whiteout without detail; hovering on the fringe of registrable detail would've been better. This looks selectively tweaked... personally again I would prefer a bit more subtlety- a great effect is still achievable!
    I'll post a less tweaked version soon. I think its just the way different people feel about the picture. Thanks anyway! appricate it.

wah.. really good picture here.. very artistic
    Thank you!
    Illumn|Facebook| Canon 5D Mark II | 16-35mm 2.8L | 24-70mm f2.8L | 85mm 1.8 | Strobist

You're welcome. I think it's a good interpretation, but I just feel that the tweaking takes it more into the realms of an artistic image rather than a photograph. I believe that with proper care you can get a good photograph out of it without needing to tweak. Does the fact that you've tweaked it lessen it's value? As a photograph yes, but as an image not at all. Top shot.

I like it very much! Very good use of space. Intriguing picture. What exactly is that half-figure on the left? A statue of some sort?

Have to disagree about the tweaking, I find nothing wrong.
    No difference between using levels and deliberately over-exposing to achieve a certain effect. The final image is what's important.

Like I said, I think it's a very good image too! But my point exactly is that a good photo could have been obtained by overexposing without needing to seletively tweak. Doesn't decrease it's value as an image in any way.

my "original" edited b/w and colour contrast.

i prefer the tweaked version....colours are balanced...and the whole setting juz looks kind of cool..

yea

rostov
    Guests

Wah. Very good composition. Diagonal interaction involved (strong). I like it very much.