Thread: Multimedia external storage

Default Multimedia external storage

Wondering if any of you guys here know of any external storage device that has multimedia capabilities too like mp3/movie/photo viewer etc.

I'm looking for such a device that can transfer the photos out directly from camera or card. 20GB should be more than enough for me.
    I've heard the iPod can receive photos directly from the camera but I'm not sure. Not too sure about the capabilities of the Olympus m:robe MR-500i too.

Hope I can get some advice here. Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Multimedia external storage

Quote Originally Posted by Amekaze
    Wondering if any of you guys here know of any external storage device that has multimedia capabilities too like mp3/movie/photo viewer etc.

I'm looking for such a device that can transfer the photos out directly from camera or card. 20GB should be more than enough for me.
    I've heard the iPod can receive photos directly from the camera but I'm not sure. Not too sure about the capabilities of the Olympus m:robe MR-500i too.

Hope I can get some advice here. Thanks a lot!
    I've been using this for about a year now, no complaints - http://www.memoryworld.com.sg/Archos/av400.htm

Epson P2000

Quote Originally Posted by teerex
    I've been using this for about a year now, no complaints - http://www.memoryworld.com.sg/Archos/av400.htm
    Seems like the kind of device I'm looking for... How much did you get it for and at where?

I'm still open to options so that I can make comparisons.
    Too bad PSP doesn't have an internal HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Amekaze
    Seems like the kind of device I'm looking for... How much did you get it for and at where?

I'm still open to options so that I can make comparisons.
    Too bad PSP doesn't have an internal HDD.
    Close to $1K/- for the 20Gb model when I bought it, the price has dropped since. You may go to Memory World at Funan or SLS to have a look at the other models and get the latest prices.