Thread: Superman Returns (finally!)

Thumbs up Superman Returns (finally!)

One of the biggest movie (possibly as huge as Star Wars), is back...the dude with the cape & a huge S.

Watch the trailer from the Bryan Singer's blog here and the official web here.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

Default Re: Superman Returns (finally!)

I dunno, I pity the new guy. He would be having a hard time living up to Christopher Reeves, in my heart be forever Superman.

being a f***in hardcore Supes fan, i wasn't exactly thrilled when i first saw that they'd shrunk the 'S' emblem on his chest and his trunks, put slits on his boots, added another friggin 'S' to his belt (wait, belt?), and friggin gave the primary colours of his entire costume a major darker tone to it. the fact that newcomer Brandon Routh looks nothing really "super" in the costume (although i have to say he looks alright as Clark Kent) was another major letdown, i thought someone with Tom Welling's (Smallville) physique would have been better in the suit.

i'm also quite disappointed with the casting of Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) and Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey). alright, i admit - the image of Lois Lane in my mind has always been The Perfect Woman (for The Perfect Man image of Superman of course), and that's why Kate just doesn't really look the part, but i'll just wait and see. Kevin Spacey, sure he's an awesome actor, i like the guy, really, but the guy looks more like a cheeky Buddha than a friggin Luthor. from the stills on the official site, i even thought he resembled the bald guy in 'LOST'. urgh.

from the looks of Superman aside, after viewing the trailer last night, i can't say all my initial impressions have been erased, but it's looking up.

Bryan Singer had better get this right. Or somebody's gonna pay.

Ya man.....Christopher Reeves has been the best and original movie Superman.

The show that inspire me to become a hero

June 2006......... still very long time....sianz....

Wait for KING KONG on this DEC 14 wait 5 mths liao since the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    The show that inspire me to become a hero

June 2006......... still very long time....sianz....

Wait for KING KONG on this DEC 14 wait 5 mths liao since the trailer.
    so now u inspired to be a KING KONG? no more a Merlion?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    so now u inspired to be a KING KONG? no more a Merlion?
    wait till i post up the next avatar. wahaaahaahaahahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    One of the biggest movie (possibly as huge as Star Wars), is back...the dude with the cape & a huge S.

Watch the trailer from the Bryan Singer's blog here and the official web here.
    Cool! Looking forward to it!

Looks impressive. But den again, frm the trailer it seems that we're looking at the original Superman I again?

Hopefully it can be as good. And hearing the music, it seems that John Williams is weaving his music once again!

The 2 next movies to look forward after Star Wars... Superman & Sayuri!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn

The 2 next movies to look forward after Star Wars... Superman & Sayuri!
    The movie about the Geisha, should be quite interesting..
    But i still prefer the KING KONG, the updated trailer is out. shiok......

Ahhh~~~~ King Kong.... The part where the Gorilla likes the dainty lady, kidnaps here, climbs the empire state building and dies?

Old show, and with the giant king kong on the building its kinda stupid. But den I guess its gonna rock with nostalgia. Saw the trailer when I was at Club21 in Cineleisure juz now.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle
    being a f***in hardcore Supes fan, i wasn't exactly thrilled when i first saw that they'd shrunk the 'S' emblem on his chest and his trunks, put slits on his boots, added another friggin 'S' to his belt (wait, belt?), and friggin gave the primary colours of his entire costume a major darker tone to it. the fact that newcomer Brandon Routh looks nothing really "super" in the costume (although i have to say he looks alright as Clark Kent) was another major letdown, i thought someone with Tom Welling's (Smallville) physique would have been better in the suit.

i'm also quite disappointed with the casting of Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) and Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey). alright, i admit - the image of Lois Lane in my mind has always been The Perfect Woman (for The Perfect Man image of Superman of course), and that's why Kate just doesn't really look the part, but i'll just wait and see. Kevin Spacey, sure he's an awesome actor, i like the guy, really, but the guy looks more like a cheeky Buddha than a friggin Luthor. from the stills on the official site, i even thought he resembled the bald guy in 'LOST'. urgh.

from the looks of Superman aside, after viewing the trailer last night, i can't say all my initial impressions have been erased, but it's looking up.

Bryan Singer had better get this right. Or somebody's gonna pay.
    Totally agree with you!! But really happy to see Kevin Spacey back on the big screen again! Its been quite awhile since he acted in a major production. And yes he looks like the 'LOST' guy! EEEEKS!

Comic books say Superman has a new uniform... the electric one. I was looking forward to a movie with his new powers & costume. Electric power & lightning blue uniform with an electric "S"!
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

I think Superman should have never been made into a movie, I was darn dissappointed in the first movie... a prettier actress should have played Lois Lane, instead...

The late Christopher Reeve with no disrespect to him did not live upto my expectations of the comic character.

For me Superman is still best kept in comics and cartoons...

Why Superman always wear his undie out of his pant?
    Because it's a size 'S'.

Hmmm... they should have made a full feature length animated movie of the man of steel, better I think. Up Up and Away!

My most favorite character of the all the super-heroes from Justice League.

On par with my favorites Bugs Bunny and Donald Duck from Warner Brothers and Disney respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage
    Comic books say Superman has a new uniform... the electric one. I was looking forward to a movie with his new powers & costume. Electric power & lightning blue uniform with an electric "S"!
    that was a couple of years back, he experienced a metamorphosis when his powers were destroyed and he was just a mass of energy. then he split into two also, as Superman Red and Superman Blue. then there was a major catatrosphe that hit earth with some mighty villains and the both of them helped out then they sorta "died" and returned as the original Big Blue costume Superman.

didn't last la, it looked cool at first, but hardcore fans just didn't dig it as much. i liked it a lot though, still have the first issue of that costume change phase wrapped up tightly. he friggin glows in the dark on the cover too

Simply, blindly follow no matter what changes.. Just love the show, heck the uniform or the actor, make no different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Hopefully it can be as good. And hearing the music, it seems that John Williams is weaving his music once again!
    Yay!! John Williams