Thread: Hoya Pro1 Digital filter on ultra wide lens

Default Hoya Pro1 Digital filter on ultra wide lens

Hi guys,

I'm intending to get a Hoya 82mm UV Pro 1 Digital Filter for my Canon 16-35 2.8 II.

Heard that if the filter's frame is not slim enough it could cause vignetting. Anyone used that filter with a 16-35 before?

Side note: What's the difference between the Pro1 Digital fliters and the HMC UV(C) filters? Hoya's website isn't very helpful distinguishing them.

Thanks!!
    Mostly a fashion & commercial shooter.
    Portfolio | Blog| Facebook

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hoya Pro1 Digital filter on ultra wide lens

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Inferno View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm intending to get a Hoya 82mm UV Pro 1 Digital Filter for my Canon 16-35 2.8 II.

Heard that if the filter's frame is not slim enough it could cause vignetting. Anyone used that filter with a 16-35 before?

Side note: What's the difference between the Pro1 Digital fliters and the HMC UV(C) filters? Hoya's website isn't very helpful distinguishing them.

Thanks!!
    For one, pro1D's frame is a lot thinner than HMC. If you are using a digital camera, no point getting a UV filter, just get a protector filter. BTW Kenko pro1D is almost identical to Hoya pro1D. Might as well get the Kenko to save some bucks.

As for your Canon 16-35 II, I am not sure, but I did not see any problems with the Nikon 16-35.

Default Re: Hoya Pro1 Digital filter on ultra wide lens

I'm using the 16-35 ii with the hoya pro1d clear protector, no vignette. Can even mount a lee holder without vignette.