Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast

Thread: To Man United fans ...

Default Re: To Man United fans ...

Torres played really well with Spain tonight, created chances himself n 4 others.... a definite good buy

Man Utd 'want Portugal's Petit'

Portugal and Benfica midfielder Armando Petit says he has received an offer to join Manchester United in the Premiership next season.

Haarrr....? Heard of him before?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Man Utd 'want Portugal's Petit'

Portugal and Benfica midfielder Armando Petit says he has received an offer to join Manchester United in the Premiership next season.

Haarrr....? Heard of him before?
    I don't know about this guy as we are fed with a weekly soccer diet of EPL on the telly; not the Portuguese league. Anyway, for a 29 year-old, how many productive years of soccer does he have? I would prefer someone in his mid twenties.
    Last edited by redstorm; 15th June 2006 at 07:38 PM.

another Laurent Blanc on the card? .....Thuram

I can't understand why would a club wants to buy a defender who is 34 years old and probably "over the hill". One of the main reasons why France is not doing well in this world cup is because many of their players are too old for this level of competition. Thuram is one of them.
    Last edited by redstorm; 21st June 2006 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_catz
    another Laurent Blanc on the card? .....Thuram
    Madness!

Can some one tell them to stop looking for old man!!! Wif sure cannot win matches let alone titles!!!!

Michael Carrick in the news again together with Villarreal's Marcos Senna.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory...goryid=365&edf

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm
    Michael Carrick in the news again together with Villarreal's Marcos Senna.

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory...goryid=365&edf
    Hope the 14.2M bid will tempt Spurs!

I'm still baffled as to why Fergie has not go in for Gattuso. He is a ready made replacement. Got experience in SPL and ITA and is an Italian international. Not too old anyway too.

De La Cruz ready to test Rooney

As expected. All def will be going in for him. Take him out, England is a harmless rat. Eriksson will look like a dumb cow now for taking only 4 SC. One out, Rooney half fit, one crouching peter and a EPL non-starter. His midfielders really got a lot to do now.

14+m for someone who is not even a first 11 in national team is really expensive....top up a bit and get someone like Riquelme, Cambiasso, Essien, gattusor even the short Ghanaine...super sial

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    14+m for someone who is not even a first 11 in national team is really expensive....top up a bit and get someone like Riquelme, Cambiasso, Essien, gattusor even the short Ghanaine...super sial
    Because he is a local Englishman mah. Plus he is young. Locals cost more in England. Foreign players are cheaper.

Ya i'll like to see Riquelme and Gatusso or maybe Cambiasso. But for DMC, its Gatusso, Cambiasso or Carrick liao so far. These 3 should suit Man Utd's game.

Carrick is a little unlucky in that he got Lampard and Gerrard ahead of him. Hargreaves also competiting for a place.

hey Alex!

we need these players! send out yr negotiation team quick!

rodriguez / frings / lahm / schweinsteiger / carrick

cheers

lahm is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood .... sorta like roberto carlos. But if he comes, then heinze lehz ?

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    lahm is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood .... sorta like roberto carlos. But if he comes, then heinze lehz ?
    Sorry, but I think Chelsea and another Spanish club (Madrid?) are already in the picture... So me dun think we can get lahm.... very hard to attract top players to MU these days... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-in-the-woods
    Sorry, but I think Chelsea and another Spanish club (Madrid?) are already in the picture... So me dun think we can get lahm.... very hard to attract top players to MU these days... sigh...
    United are always a little slow. Fergie like to hum and haw till the sun comes down. Many players are up for grabs now, its just too bad Utd don't have the financial strenght these days. Glazer era become poorer. And also, no one can compete with Abramovich and his Chelsea.

Rumour has it that we're supposed to secure Robben and Ronaldinho years back. It was Peter Kenyon the traitor that played us out as he knew his time was up as Chelsea offered better terms. Robben and Kenyon ended up at Chelsea and Barca managed to snag Ronaldinho.

sad thing... man u dun seem to be buying much nowadays
    and man u players are mostly crap. no more passion in playing football
    midfield no passion = dead man u. glazer issnt helping either... azzclown
    Photo Album - Photo Album

chelsea are buying temporary success.... they will never be the greats of Man U or Liverpool!

Rome was not built in a day.... give e some time to establish themselves. thou i'm less a patient person, i hope to see a winning fledglings come through, eventually.
    just look at it as a cycle - every team has its bad spells.

so buy or not, i'm looking forward 2 e new season..... it keeps e sats occupied n e couch warmed

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_catz
    chelsea are buying temporary success.... they will never be the greats of Man U or Liverpool!

Rome was not built in a day.... give e some time to establish themselves. thou i'm less a patient person, i hope to see a winning fledglings come through, eventually.
    just look at it as a cycle - every team has its bad spells.

so buy or not, i'm looking forward 2 e new season..... it keeps e sats occupied n e couch warmed

cheers
    Agreed

Think they should dig into the reserved n youth team! better these way nobody will come n poach them save $$$ also ....

No need to buy big names lah... sometime they fail to blend in waste $$$ just look at the '92/'93 squard all also from the youth team!
    Last edited by melvin; 27th June 2006 at 10:11 AM.

latest news from soccernet...

Ronaldo is planning to leave Man U for Real Madrid... I wonder how much Man U will release him for? Or will Glazer call some american 'mafia' to help Ronaldo 'reconsider'.

wah leow.. next season may not hav ronaldo, RVN and who does Chelsea has? Ballack, Shevcenko, Lahm (possible), and other superstars from WC2006 (heck, money can buy anything)...

Damn depressing

....Ronaldo is planning to leave Man U for Real Madrid...
    looks like one of our fledglings has decided to soar too high too soon. if his heart is no longer at OT, i wish him well at Bernabeu... Madrid is not exactly doing better than United, so he chose his own destiny...

... (heck, money can buy anything)...Damn depressing
    well if money could buy anything, lets see chelski win the treble next season.....
    thou i'm still harping on past glory, i hope to see a consistant ManU performance in every match they play. its depressing not winning against weaker teams, and losing confidence in the process....this is one area that need serious improvement!

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649 ... LastLast