Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: To Man United fans ...

Default Re: To Man United fans ...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...370257&cc=4716

United want Real Madrid to open extended Old Trafford

David Beckham could be heading back to Manchester United - for a mouth-watering pre-season friendly.

After missing out on Barcelona and AC Milan, United have now offered Real Madrid the opportunity to play at Old Trafford on August 8 or 9 in a game which will officially open the new corner quadrants at the Theatre of Dreams.

United are aware they may have to wait until Real's on-going presidential elections are concluded on July 2 before getting a firm response but they are hopeful an agreement can be reached for a clash which would guarantee a 76,000 sell-out.

While the game would offer Sir Alex Ferguson's men the opportunity to avenge their 2003 Champions League quarter-final exit at the hands of the Spanish giants, the major attraction would be the return of Beckham, who left Old Trafford a couple of months after he was sensationally axed for the second leg of that European game.

It could also represent a quick return to England for Sven-Goran Eriksson, who presidential candidate Arturo Baldasano claims he has lined up to take over at the Bernabeu after the World Cup.

Real are currently free on the dates United have put to them, although they are due to take on Major League Soccer outfit Real Salt Lake City in Utah on August 12.

The Red Devils will be keen to secure Real as opponents for, with Juventus in turmoil, they may find it difficult to attract opponents of world renown for their grand opening if the Madrid outfit turn them down.

Of the remaining genuine European heavyweights, Inter Milan have already agreed to appear alongside United - but not play against them - in this summer's Amsterdam tournament, as well as take on Tottenham at White Hart Lane on July 30, while Bayern Munich's pre-season schedule is already confirmed ahead of the new Bundesliga campaign which begins on August 12.

Man U battling with Barcelona for Chelsea's Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Man U is bidding for $8m pounds, and view him as a sub for Scholes, who is recovering from a serious eye injury.

not Gud for me....there's 2 many teams playing a holding midfielder. y still penetrate from the middle?

we need really good wingers.... and really really good forward..

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_catz
    not Gud for me....there's 2 many teams playing a holding midfielder. y still penetrate from the middle?

we need really good wingers.... and really really good forward..
    I agreed, what the heck is SAF thinking...he had all the opportunity to strengten the team but he'd chosen 2 defenders and now a former forward now midfielder...this is exacly what Alan Smith is doing....he is not the quality of Riquelm so I don't think it's justify....."come on".....get a defensive midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    I agreed, what the heck is SAF thinking...he had all the opportunity to strengten the team but he'd chosen 2 defenders and now a former forward now midfielder...this is exacly what Alan Smith is doing....he is not the quality of Riquelm so I don't think it's justify....."come on".....get a defensive midfielder
    Ya man. SAF is a mystery! The DMC is essential i think. He forgot he have not replace Keane. Or maybe he tot O'shea is THE ONE!

Rooney got the green light and will be in the England squad. Doctors said he should be fit to play in Eng's last group match but a more realistic date will be the Q-finals or S-finals if Eng managed to get that far.

His latest scan really a big deal to England. Like superstar prime minister. lol. Got security, fliming crews, footage of his plane taking off to Germany, landing and getting to a car. Its big breaking news in England. Whole nation's hope on a 20 year old. But he can't do much, the rest of Eng had to perform if they want to progress.

Spurs ready to reject United's £10million Carrick bid

Tottenham are set to reject a £10million offer from Manchester United for England midfielder Michael Carrick.

Rejected liao according to BBC Sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...td/5066204.stm

That toopid Eriksson might risk Rooney during the group stages. Not good news to Man Utd as Utd state that Rooney can be used only after the group stage but Eriksson..... Rooney had better becareful....if he angers Fergie....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nd/5059286.stm
    Last edited by afbug; 10th June 2006 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Ya man. SAF is a mystery! The DMC is essential i think. He forgot he have not replace Keane. Or maybe he tot O'shea is THE ONE! .
    O'shea is a dissapoint this season unlike last year....he doesn't go forward which he was commended for....and another reason he is not good enought because he is less creative and not a good passer....other than that...he is good enought as second team

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Yup, read them just now. Played for Celtic only 6 months and he gotta retire. I guess he neve really settle at Celtic also.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Hmm... think its about time come back to lead old trafford as manager n be the youngest manager in EPL

Yup, read them just now. Played for Celtic only 6 months and he gotta retire. I guess he neve really settle at Celtic also.
    At least he played his testimonial match which I was glad he did (Pity RVN was not part of tt match). He deserved it. He was the mercurial leader and heart of ManU. Fantastic player when he was at his prime. Guess every player hav got to retire one day.. Hope he'll come back to play a part in building MU! If only he and SAF can see eye-to-eye.

There's only one KEANO!!!

How to settle at Celtic when his heart n soul is in Old Trafford?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    How to settle at Celtic when his heart n soul is in Old Trafford?
    Maybe one fine day, he will be Man Utd manager.

Bayern Munich want Van Nistelrooy

Striker Rooney may face Trinidad

Bad News Injury Ends Vida's World Cup:http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory...categoryid=120

So that makes him the 1st to be back to old trafford from the World Cup!

Barca agree deal to sign Gudjohnsen

MADRID, June 14 (Reuters) - Barcelona have reached an agreement to sign Icelandic striker Eidur Gudjohnsen from Chelsea, the European and Primera Liga champions said on Wednesday.

He's not coming to Man United .... Henggggggggggggggggggggggg ar !!!!

Man U in a 25m pound bid for Fernando Torres.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ml&TEAMHD=manu

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    He's not coming to Man United .... Henggggggggggggggggggggggg ar !!!!
    100% agree!!! Heng ah!

I hope the Torres bid is successful...if the news is genuine.

Chelsea got Drogba, Crespo and Sheva! Gotta match them at least!
    Last edited by afbug; 14th June 2006 at 09:20 PM.

And instead of Torres replacing van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford, Ferguson is now keen to pair them together, with Rooney completing a fearsome attacking trio.

hahah i like this sentence ....

I fear for Rossi. But woah Torres is good! Saha how?

RVN, I really think he is past his best.

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast