Thread: some shots @ Labrador Park

Default some shots @ Labrador Park

Last edited by malkw; 30th October 2002 at 05:52 PM.
    Light. Artistic. Moments.

Hi Malkw,

Mind to share your opinions and feeling on how you feel about S602 as compare to A40. For eg, anything that you can achieve with S602 that A40 does not bside the zoom and megapixel?

Got some itch, feel like upgrading.

Verre Vrai
    Guests

Originally posted by cillin
    Hi Malkw,

Mind to share your opinions and feeling on how you feel about S602 as compare to A40. For eg, anything that you can achieve with S602 that A40 does not bside the zoom and megapixel?

Obviously the manual control that S602z can offer lor...A40 only got very limited control in manual mode.

Originally posted by Verre Vrai

Obviously the manual control that S602z can offer lor...A40 only got very limited control in manual mode.
    Thank for your replied, Verre Vrai.
    From what I know, there are more aperture setting and manual focus that A40 lack off. How does aperture setting help to improve the photo. I know manual focus do help to bring out the focusing of the subject.

My friend have a 700U, we went for a few photo shoots and compare the RAW product (no-processing) after the shoot. It seem to me having more aperture setting does not help much to bring out the photo. It seem me that that the extra features to get a better camera come with better megapixels (most likely), more zoom (maybe) and manual focus setting (interested to try with it, to see the effect). Most of the time, we compare and feel that the output quality for 700U and A40 are quite similar beside night shot (700U are a bit more nosier).

Just a few try with manual focus (with 700U), I think the camera need more zoom in order to bring out the effect, am I correct to say that? Therefore camera such as G2 with 3x zoom, does not make much different effect in term of using manual focus, am I correct to say that?

Anyone are welcome to enlighten me. Thanks

Sorry, if I ask or explain does not sound logical as I am still learning.

Hi Malkw,

Fast AF (I need this for macro shots)
    hotshoe for external flash (I need this for macro shots)
    flash sync at up to 1/1000s
    dual storage (SM & CF)
    SLR-like body
    SuperCCD
    manual focus
    manual mode
    Aperture-Priority mode
    Shutter-Priority mode
    Movie mode (limit to storage)
    Low noise/hotpixels in high ISOs

if you perfer point & shoot, stay with A40.
    IMO, getting 602z only if you are more serious in photography.
    for sure, you dun want to spend 1.2k white elephant sitting @ home.

Hi malkw,

Appreciate for sharing your opinions and feeling.

The reason I ask ‘cos there are some of the effects that I would like to have but it seem that A40 is unable to do it. DSLR is too expensive for me that why I was exploring and learning as times goes on.

I have browse thorough your S602Z galleries, some of the effect that I would like to attain such as (in people gallery section) DSCF0622 , DSCF0623 and (in cat gallery section) DCSF0904 .

Do those photos taken using manual focusing? It is necessary to have a bigger zoom to produce that kind of effect? Can camera such as G2 with 3X and manual focusing produce such a result?

Thank and appreciate your enlighten.

Hi malkw,

Do those photos taken using manual focusing? It is necessary to have a bigger zoom to produce that kind of effect? Can camera such as G2 with 3X and manual focusing produce such a result?

Thank and appreciate your enlighten.

The above pix is taken with AF. DSCF0623 is edited in photoshop to produce the soft effect.

sometime these shots need no bigger zoom, 3x (105mm) is good enough. yes, G2 can produce such shots too.

But when i shooting portrait, I normally will use 6x (210mm) zoom, so that I can be abt 3m away from the subject. That distance can help to make the subject feel at ease and pose more natural.
    Last edited by malkw; 1st November 2002 at 02:47 PM.