Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Hague ruled against China

  1. #1
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Hague ruled against China

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...a/2950862.html

    Will China follow the protocol and surrender to a piece of paper like one of our banks?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    in this world, whoever has stronger muscles writes the law.

    it is a fact of life.

    too bad.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Of course China will reject the verdict. She knows that she has the bargaining power. Who dares to touch her? She is the no. 2 economic powerhouse, top 3 richest country in the world, military power is also not weak. She has nuke too.

    In summary, the dispute will continue. Maybe a third world war will settle it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,100

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Of course China will reject the verdict. She knows that she has the bargaining power. Who dares to touch her? She is the no. 2 economic powerhouse, top 3 richest country in the world, military power is also not weak. She has nuke too.

    In summary, the dispute will continue. Maybe a third world war will settle it.
    +1. China simply doesnt care. It controls everything in country.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    don't forget your grand grand parents might have poo at those islands before coming to Singapore or return to China.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    The Panda has become the Dragon!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Intersting...who is behind the scene!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    UN? LOL

    I still say it is called SCS for a reason.

    Nothing is going to happen. China is export driven country exporting vast majority of it's products to EU or USA. Jeopardize either relationship and the 'new' Chinese economic powerhouse will wilt within a year or two...people get pissed...overthrow Xi and crew.

    Nothing will happen...media and kangaroo UN court just riling markets...

    If I were Chinese I would have LOL'd when POTUS mentioned pivot to Pacific...

    China doesn't want a shooting game either...there is a very good reason behind that too.

    China really screwed up when she lost control of Korean peninsula...screwed up big time...so until she gets Korea back she'll never be what she once was...my opinion.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 13th July 2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Japan is militarizing...keep your eye on the ball.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  10. #10

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Japan is militarizing...keep your eye on the ball.
    Builting her muscle... the Sun is rising again

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    they should hv reminded people that they hv established their presence and control since the 13th century under the Ming, and Zheng He's famous voyages, projecting his country's power far and wide.

    It was also mentioned that it was Zheng He, not columbus who discovered America first. His ship was more than 5 times larger than columbus'.

    LOL,

  12. #12
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    What China needs is time...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  13. #13
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    I am one of those who believe Columbus used Chinese made maps to get to the new world...say that around where I live and you'll get interesting responses...lol

    It is true however and the history has been rewritten in favor of the so called victors.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    come to think of it, we should not hv always condemned China made products. Many of great inventions were made by the Chinese, eg gun powder, compass, seismic detector, astronomy to name just a few

    We should instead blame the stupidity of those who give the contracts. They want cheap and green. Lowest quote. Cut cost. Sure bad quality lah.

    Someone ever said [from the horse's mouth] "All good things come with a price". They seems to hv forgotten this piece of wisdom

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    btw, i hv also heard that all us army commanders hold a copy of Sun Tze?

    LOL, use one's adversary's wisdom to fight one's adversary?

    All these Hagues must hv gone crazy.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Quote Originally Posted by can100D View Post
    come to think of it, we should not hv always condemned China made products. Many of great inventions were made by the Chinese, eg gun powder, compass, seismic detector, astronomy to name just a few

    We should instead blame the stupidity of those who give the contracts. They want cheap and green. Lowest quote. Cut cost. Sure bad quality lah.

    Someone ever said [from the horse's mouth] "All good things come with a price". They seems to hv forgotten this piece of wisdom
    No pride in their works.

    They must change their mindset.

    Quality means money!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Discuss all you want.According to one expert regarding territorial and border disputes it's a sticky business.It took 15 yrs. before Vietnam and China talked about the Tonkin gulf.All parties made wrong
    decisions like Asean pussyfooting/neutrality by it's non interference of member countries and not pushing enough until too little too late, (code of conduct).The US "notified" China of it's intention
    to sail through south china sea to demonstate "freedom of navigation" which is tantamount to asking China for permissiom which leads china to think it owns the sea.After arbitration ruling in Philipines favour it now trying to put feelers out to negotiate with China to "share" resources of disputed "rocks" knowing it neither have the money nor expertise to exploit the seabed for oil and gas.The only happy party is the filipino fisherman but do they dare to venture back there when just recently report of chinese coastgaurd vessel personel slaping the face of vietnamese captain and sinking their boat after forcing them into the sea (anothe viet boat rescued them).Sounds like pirates of the caribean!

    South china sea is the "persian gulf" in asia.Too many vested interests involved.75% of middle east oil imported by China pass through this sea route,reading Sun Tse's art of war is of little use when one knows of one's weaknesses.Modern warfare cost money and ultimately it's not who pays or suffers but the morality of it given the history of previous wars.Even US prsident Obama decision to intervene in Syria on moral grounds after President Assad used chemical weapons on it's own people
    ended in stalemate and the people of Syria are still suffering.

    China has put money and reclaimed 3000 acres of "land" and is not letting go that easily. Taking a leaf from history, when after the attack of Pearl harbour/Hawaii in WW2 the chief stategist admiral Yamamoto who studied and lived in the USA as a student commented and took cogniscence of US economic might and resolve by saying "We have awaken a giant." Admiral Yamamoto was killed when he visited troops on an island because US had broken the japanese communication codes telling of his visit and set an ambush.After the war his remains were brought back to Japan to be enshrined at Yakusuni shrine.

  18. #18
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,231

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    It is always good to look back at history. Who are the aggressors and what they did. Of course, there is no denial that new aggressor may appear but the leopard will never change it's spots. Why would so many parties which no connection get so excited and want a pie in this? Don't they have better things to do?

  19. #19
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    http://tankler.com/cambodia-will-not...china-sea-6506

    So much for ASEAN unity, non alliance and neutrality.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Hague ruled against China

    Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Discuss all you want.According to one expert regarding territorial and border disputes it's a sticky business.It took 15 yrs. before Vietnam and China talked about the Tonkin gulf.All parties made wrong
    decisions like Asean pussyfooting/neutrality by it's non interference of member countries and not pushing enough until too little too late, (code of conduct).The US "notified" China of it's intention
    to sail through south china sea to demonstate "freedom of navigation" which is tantamount to asking China for permissiom which leads china to think it owns the sea.After arbitration ruling in Philipines favour it now trying to put feelers out to negotiate with China to "share" resources of disputed "rocks" knowing it neither have the money nor expertise to exploit the seabed for oil and gas.The only happy party is the filipino fisherman but do they dare to venture back there when just recently report of chinese coastgaurd vessel personel slaping the face of vietnamese captain and sinking their boat after forcing them into the sea (anothe viet boat rescued them).Sounds like pirates of the caribean!

    South china sea is the "persian gulf" in asia.Too many vested interests involved.75% of middle east oil imported by China pass through this sea route,reading Sun Tse's art of war is of little use when one knows of one's weaknesses.Modern warfare cost money and ultimately it's not who pays or suffers but the morality of it given the history of previous wars.Even US prsident Obama decision to intervene in Syria on moral grounds after President Assad used chemical weapons on it's own people
    ended in stalemate and the people of Syria are still suffering.

    China has put money and reclaimed 3000 acres of "land" and is not letting go that easily. Taking a leaf from history, when after the attack of Pearl harbour/Hawaii in WW2 the chief stategist admiral Yamamoto who studied and lived in the USA as a student commented and took cogniscence of US economic might and resolve by saying "We have awaken a giant." Admiral Yamamoto was killed when he visited troops on an island because US had broken the japanese communication codes telling of his visit and set an ambush.After the war his remains were brought back to Japan to be enshrined at Yakusuni shrine.

    you blah a lot, but what are you trying to say???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •