Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment?

Default big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment?

today i went outing shooting with a wide angle w/hood. i realised i had alot of attention.. it didn't happen when i was shooting with my 85mm. ppl were looking at me, looking at the camera. (u know such looks.)
    then i went to mr teh tarik for a drink, service was especially nice. the staff smiled at me. and when i was sitting down, resting and drinking, the cleaning staff asked if i needed a clean on my table. the table had some stains and it didn't bother me. on normal days, such things don't happen because i drink at mr teh tarik quite often.

encountered such incident? big lens, big camera= good service?

btw, anyone kana suaned or scolded for having big lens and camera before? :P

Default Re: big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment?

bro u bought wide L lens liao?

Default Re: big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment

hahaha!! u OT!!

yes. no L = no Lens

Default Re: big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment?

maybe people just have perception that big lens = pro = rich.

mayb the boss just gave them their yr end bonus.....

are u wearing the superman outfit or your thousand dollar notes are sticking out of your pocket.
    if not then it should be coincidence or you are purely in good mood.

lol. i'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts and slippers!! a wad of thousand notes? dun have lah. a bottle of 1 cents. i think i can fill that up. :P

Default Re: big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment

When I bring my big camera and big lens out, women seem to want to drop their dresses for me to take their photos.

So I dare not bring it out any more.

hahahhaha.. sure not.. bring me along next time. :P

What big cameras and lenses are you guys talking about?

Oh, those little white "L" things!

Ah, those toys for children play play!!

maybe with a big lens, I am able to get free entry into exhibition ??

Quote Originally Posted by student
    What big cameras and lenses are you guys talking about?

Oh, those little white "L" things!

Ah, those toys for children play play!!

wah. so what do real men play?

Quote Originally Posted by drumma
    wah. so what do real men play?

Something that needs two grown up adults to put on the tripod!

I noticed a general trend having hopped from P&S to SLR.

Point-&-shoot Characteristics
    Generally associated with tourists or noobies. Vouyers are associated with P&S. No one wants to smile for u and smile at u when u point a P&S at them. They will turn their faces aside or make an effort to cover their faces.

(D)SLR Characteristics
    Generally associated with professional photographers. Arts photographers as well as artistic people with an eye for things. People have a higher tendency to flash their smiles at you or come up to talk to u (yes, it earned me a free Tram ride in Sydney!). You can be shooting in green box or [P]rofessional mode and ur pix are all underexposed or overexposed to the point of white out and ppl will praise ur shots as 'very good'. The subject in question can be blurred and the shot will be praised as 'artistic'.

Ur composition can be the most medicore ever, ur lighting can be absolutely off. U can bring a woman back to ur hotel room for some steamy shoot session and she will equally praise ur shots.

P&Sers will have the advantage of multi-tasking though.

Prosumer Characteristics
    The most overlooked and ignored group. These guys have all the friggin' advantage of taking great street-shots and candids and will trash us all to hell if their cams do not suffer shutter lag and deliver exactly the same picture quality like a (D)SLR with top end lens.

Or that's what I'd noticed.
    Last edited by jsbn; 18th November 2005 at 10:33 AM.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    When I bring my big camera and big lens out, women seem to want to drop their dresses for me to take their photos.

So I dare not bring it out any more.

Could ya lend me ur camera? I never had luck with women.... :sad:

Blog Entries

Something that needs two grown up adults to put on the tripod!
    and dats only for ur camera... u need another guy to carry ur tripod, doc!

strange... big camera + big lens = good service? i kenna snubbed when shooting my fren's wedding with a F5 once.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75

strange... big camera + big lens = good service? i kenna snubbed when shooting my fren's wedding with a F5 once.
    OT, OT!

how's your negatives/printing?

And throw your F5 at that bloke to see what a brick feels like!

Blog Entries

OT, OT!

how's your negatives/printing?

And throw your F5 at that bloke to see what a brick feels like!
    1st roll was so badly developed dat my fren took one look and told me to save the effort of printing... so, going to try again.

throw the F5 at the bloke? cannot lah.. my fren's relative... tho i was trying my best not to laugh too hard in front of him when he said 'wah.. still got film camera?' after i told him dat the F5 is an SLR.

If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75

Chill my friend.... The Force is not with the one. He say obsolete? Put 2 tea cups of him, tell him to shoot with Manual mode wif ya F5 since film is 'obsolete', it must be a no-brainer for him then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast