Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    hmmm ok ok... deal!
    remind me to teach u the cheap & dangerous way hor... (cos u like pai kia... Young & Dangerous...)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Actually I always think that the oven repair man only need to press a magic button inside the oven to reboot then ok already, the other 30 minutes he just touch here touch there to make it look like a very difficult work.
    that depends lah, some is scratching his head u know...

    and for all u know... nowadays actors & actresses earn more money than anybody... so its OSCAR TIME!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    ctrl alt del (:P)....u can repair oven ar? its the same problem as drudkh la. turn on only...kena tripped.

    y don u gimme a quotation? u charge for tpt or not? cos i may decide not to repair in the end if its not worht it. hmm. thinking of gg to look-see at Best denki for the prices of a new one

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    remind me to teach u the cheap & dangerous way hor... (cos u like pai kia... Young & Dangerous...)
    u cheat!!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    wahh i just did a search

    "lastly... if u thinking of asking me to repair... i think it would cost quite alot, as my company is more specialised in producing high end heaters." Ctrlaltdel.

    wah high end heaters huh. whats HVAC anyway? u know the rough cost of a heater?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    ctrl alt del (:P)....u can repair oven ar? its the same problem as drudkh la. turn on only...kena tripped.

    y don u gimme a quotation? u charge for tpt or not? cos i may decide not to repair in the end if its not worht it. hmm. thinking of gg to look-see at Best denki for the prices of a new one
    hmm simplest quote is, cost of oven at purchase price 10%-20% hehe... (which i got no idea about it...) or if u are a girl... thats a whole different story...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    ctrl alt del (:P)....u can repair oven ar? its the same problem as drudkh la. turn on only...kena tripped.

    y don u gimme a quotation? u charge for tpt or not? cos i may decide not to repair in the end if its not worht it. hmm. thinking of gg to look-see at Best denki for the prices of a new one
    find a chio bu to give him a kiss! then its FREE of charge liao!! Quick!!!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    wahh i just did a search

    "lastly... if u thinking of asking me to repair... i think it would cost quite alot, as my company is more specialised in producing high end heaters." Ctrlaltdel.

    wah high end heaters huh. whats HVAC anyway? u know the rough cost of a heater?
    u know... there is the Consumer market (me no touch), Prosumer market (do for fun...) & the Professional Market (plant a flag here..)

    so i dun do those consumer repairs, i mainly into manufacturing industrial & high end systems lor... else u won't see me here talk **** liao rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    orh cheyyy

    haiya. so u mean even if i dont buy a built-in oven, and i get a portable convection oven, it will still spoil if i dont on every few weeks?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    orh cheyyy

    haiya. so u mean even if i dont buy a built-in oven, and i get a portable convection oven, it will still spoil if i dont on every few weeks?
    true, that cos the selection of heaters thats involved, the 'certain' heater that trips is common... cos thats cheap, another type of heater that won't ever (ok, not ever cos heater dun last that long anyway...) trips is very dedicate, and expensive to produce, its seldom used in such ovens.

    anyway, nobody in sg will in right mind produce heaters for consumer market when china & the rest produce in masses. and nowadays ovens are so cheap, its sometimes not worth to actually repair...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PunggolJetty.Com
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Try this:

    Get a fan and position it infront of the opened oven door. Let the fan blow into it over 4 hours. Get 2 boxes of newly bought salt (at least half kilo each), put it into a tray or flat box so that you max the surface area. Leave the salt in the oven for a day. It should absorb most of the moisture. I know some of you are tempted to suggest silica gel, but remember food's going inside this thing and salt's cheaper.

    After doing the above, set your oven to the LOWEST temp setting. Start it first by just testing if the internal light bulb comes on (most ovens have a "lights only" switch).

    *If it doesn't trip, next, turn it to the conventional setting (no fan). If it doesn't trip, set it to convection (with fan). If it doesn't trip, go all the way to the "grill" setting".

    Repeat * at the next higher temp setting (e.g. 50~100C, cycling thru conventional/convection/grill) and bring it up sloooowly until it reaches the max. It may trip at a higher temp setting. If it does, start again, but this time, leave it longer (about 10~20mins) at the last successful temp setting. Hopefully the warmer temp will dry out the oven a bit more.

    If it trip even before you can up the temp, dry it out with the fan/salt for another day. Be prepared to spend about half a day doing the second half.

    After 3 times drying/testing, if it still trips , call DCA to fix it for you.
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    I also suspect heater problem...hi-pot failure liao. DCA the best to solve it...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    Try this:

    Get a fan and position it infront of the opened oven door. Let the fan blow into it over 4 hours. Get 2 boxes of newly bought salt (at least half kilo each), put it into a tray or flat box so that you max the surface area. Leave the salt in the oven for a day. It should absorb most of the moisture. I know some of you are tempted to suggest silica gel, but remember food's going inside this thing and salt's cheaper.

    After doing the above, set your oven to the LOWEST temp setting. Start it first by just testing if the internal light bulb comes on (most ovens have a "lights only" switch).

    *If it doesn't trip, next, turn it to the conventional setting (no fan). If it doesn't trip, set it to convection (with fan). If it doesn't trip, go all the way to the "grill" setting".

    Repeat * at the next higher temp setting (e.g. 50~100C, cycling thru conventional/convection/grill) and bring it up sloooowly until it reaches the max. It may trip at a higher temp setting. If it does, start again, but this time, leave it longer (about 10~20mins) at the last successful temp setting. Hopefully the warmer temp will dry out the oven a bit more.

    If it trip even before you can up the temp, dry it out with the fan/salt for another day. Be prepared to spend about half a day doing the second half.

    After 3 times drying/testing, if it still trips , call DCA to fix it for you.
    so liao si kan... my Cheap & Dangerous way fastest... hehehe...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: anyone here can give me advice about ovens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    I also suspect heater problem...hi-pot failure liao. DCA the best to solve it...
    no need suspect, your experience more than mine... u already foresee liao lor... u the Master of Consumer Electric...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •