Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 170

Thread: Is death the solution

  1. #61

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    NO NO NO
    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    Hi ppl... recently seeing more suicide cases... Is death the solution to end all sadness in this world?
    Looking at another viewpoint... something, some problem just simply cannot, no way to solve, so is death the answer?

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampinesss
    Posts
    320

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    when i hear of suicide cases, i jus feel damn sorry for the family members.

    even if death is the solution, it is the start of suffering for the living family members.
    I feel it is very unfair to them.

    so live on, even if it means living for your family, thats what i feel, but of course , live for oneself also la. ha there is a chance as long as one is still alive.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    some ppl r either

    - not aware
    - choose 2 ignore
    - deny de existance of a deep rooted & serious problem
    - or worse blame tt particular person!

    or

    - lack d necessory skills 2 help
    - 1 2 help but r not d rite person 2 help (depends on situation)
    - no time (got other piriorities-like work overseas)
    - r trying 2 help but cause more suffering

    i m sure many here were once in any 1 of this positions in d past, no?

  4. #64

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by heroneo99
    when i hear of suicide cases, i jus feel damn sorry for the family members.

    even if death is the solution, it is the start of suffering for the living family members.
    I feel it is very unfair to them.

    so live on, even if it means living for your family, thats what i feel, but of course , live for oneself also la. ha there is a chance as long as one is still alive.
    sorry for the family? I feel sorry for the person who choose to do it.
    So many people in the world, had someone just give a bit of concern to the person,
    it would have been another ending.

    live on for family? So u saying once the family all passed on, the person can just kill him/herself? to live a life just for others, is a horrible thing to do, btw.

    I am not supportive of anyone, just to die for the sake of dying.
    But then... don't say that it's wrong of them to do so.
    It's their lives, let them live or die the way they want it to be.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampinesss
    Posts
    320

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    I got your point. but my main point is if someone is thinking of ending his life, i feel he should choose to live at least for the sake of his family (for that time being when he is looking for death).

    i dun think all those who commited suicide, their close ones did not show concerns , but the person himself/herself might not be in the state of mind to feel teh concern and may be blocking everything thinking everything in the world is grey.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    sorry for the family? I feel sorry for the person who choose to do it.
    So many people in the world, had someone just give a bit of concern to the person,
    it would have been another ending.

    live on for family? So u saying once the family all passed on, the person can just kill him/herself? to live a life just for others, is a horrible thing to do, btw.

    I am not supportive of anyone, just to die for the sake of dying.
    But then... don't say that it's wrong of them to do so.
    It's their lives, let them live or die the way they want it to be.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Sucide is the ultimate expression of unforgiveness towards themselves. They need hope and love and know that they are loved.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by heroneo99
    I got your point. but my main point is if someone is thinking of ending his life, i feel he should choose to live at least for the sake of his family (for that time being when he is looking for death).

    i dun think all those who commited suicide, their close ones did not show concerns , but the person himself/herself might not be in the state of mind to feel teh concern and may be blocking everything thinking everything in the world is grey.
    When a person has the thought to end everything, i don't think his/her family is not on her/his mind. In fact, in their mind, it would be better off for the family, if he or she just die.

    I won't say the person is blocking everything, and thinking that everything in the world is grey... i would however, think the person is just looking for a hint that she/he has someone in this world that cares.... even just a bit.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsangstudios
    Sucide is the ultimate expression of unforgiveness towards themselves. They need hope and love and know that they are loved.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    It's bad and sad.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampinesss
    Posts
    320

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    In fact, in their mind, it would be better off for the family, if he or she just die.
    which infact is totally untrue to me. will only do worse to the family

  11. #71

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by heroneo99
    which infact is totally untrue to me. will only do worse to the family
    to you it's so.
    to them, it's not.

    Try to imagine a person who walks around thinking everyone around him/her is plotting against her/him.
    or that her / his family members are going thru alot of suffering because of her/him, that someone who is great and wonderful, who has everything in this world dies and not him/her who is useless and like the lowest life form on earth.

    Imagine every little sounds, scare the person like a loud sound would.
    Imagine the nights and days that merge into one, cause the person dare not sleep, just in case something bad happens...

    i don't know how long a person can take it, dealing with such, before he/she broke down.
    Last edited by Nisa; 18th November 2005 at 12:14 PM.

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Tampinesss
    Posts
    320

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by Nisa
    to you it's so.
    to them, it's not.
    yup.. tats y lo. anyway, no matter what, hope these cases cut down lo..

  13. #73

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    What is death? If the truth about death is understood (and this need faith), then death may not be the solution to the sufferings of this present life on earth, in fact death may lead to worse eternal sufferings.

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    actions warrants courage

    just that to live and face the music of problems, requires a greater amt of courage than wats required for the other option.

    all has courage , just that some did not manage to gather enuf courage to live it thru . makes 1 wonder all this mad chase for comfort n needs will lead us any where in life !!!!!

  15. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    207

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    I think the problem and the solution are both about "Focusing".

    If you focus at the problem, the problem will be everything.

    If you focus at the solution, the problem still there but will be just a initial part of the solution.

    Just draw a star in a blank A4 paper and ask others, "what do you see?"

    Most of us will answer "star!", what about the paper? Forgotten?

    Life is the Paper, star may be a problem or something that makes the paper look different.

    Look too close to the star, the star will be all you can see. Step back a little, we still have the other blank space to use.

    what say you???

    Crop and use Fstop 2.8 to standout the issue or use wide angle and Fstop 16 to get the full view?

    Your decision......

    Just turn 40 and a little long winded.....

  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN LEE
    I think the problem and the solution are both about "Focusing".

    If you focus at the problem, the problem will be everything.

    If you focus at the solution, the problem still there but will be just a initial part of the solution.

    Just draw a star in a blank A4 paper and ask others, "what do you see?"

    Most of us will answer "star!", what about the paper? Forgotten?

    Life is the Paper, star may be a problem or something that makes the paper look different.

    Look too close to the star, the star will be all you can see. Step back a little, we still have the other blank space to use.

    what say you???

    Crop and use Fstop 2.8 to standout the issue or use wide angle and Fstop 16 to get the full view?

    Your decision......

    Just turn 40 and a little long winded.....
    i think u shoot too much.

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN LEE
    Just turn 40 and a little long winded.....
    anyway happy belated B. day...

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    207

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Thanks........

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    strewberry farm
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Hmm abit OT le...

    I also wonder if those who choose death, is it because they hate themselve alot?

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Is death the solution

    Quote Originally Posted by clarinet
    Hmm abit OT le...

    I also wonder if those who choose death, is it because they hate themselve alot?
    Maybe they give themself up. Even their soul's too.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •