Thread: Dog Powered Scooter

Account Suspended

Thumbs up Dog Powered Scooter

Default Re: Dog Powered Scooter

poor dogs.

I fiind this to be cruel. All this so that a human can have some fun.

actually its not bad an idea.
    its a good way of giving the doggies a good workout, if the owner is too lazy to run along with the doggies.

most of the times, they laze around while their humans are too busy with their work and what-not.

if i'm not mistaken, its in their nature that dogs like Alaskan Huskies love pulling sleighs. keeps them active and healthy. like terriers are hunting dogs. we jus domesticate all of them, thats all.

dog people, care to clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    dog people, care to clarify?
    wads dog ppl, care 2 clarify?

CS got resident ah-kao arh?

LOL well trust me..
    if its turned the other way it aint good for the dog as well..
    saw a angmoh walk her dog on a bicycle before..
    everytime the poor doggy wants to sniff at sth..
    she gets pulled by the bicycle which is jus cycling on ..
    and its a neck leash .. so imagine someone jerking at ur neck everything u get curious ..
    lol not nice..

the thing looks like its gonna be more comfy for the dog (at least not at the neck)
    and if its a big dog it wont matter.. cos they are strong..
    i know ppl who used to 'ride' on their dogs when they were kids..

haha anyway who would put a toy dog on one of these things?
    maybe a good workout for a chihuahua is 10cm

and i guess if you dun whip at the doggy it aint torture but if the doggy is comfortable with it (i.e. not trying to get out by gnawing at the scooter.) they might actually enjoy it..

interesting... but poor dogs...

if that's a horse or lion or tiger or other BIG size animals, still accetable. dogs? no way.
    Alaskan Huskies love pulling sleighs? how do you know they LOVE it? are you an Alaskan Huskies? i guess not.

hmmm heh this is starting to become a flame session liaos.. but hor no hard feelings kay?
    here's my two cents lah.
    the problem with alot of humans is that they tend to anthropomorphized animals they identify with. if it was cockroaches pulling sleds i think nobody would complain much.
    its the animals that react to us that we believe think like us. Just because we like to live our lives as couch potatoes doesn't mean that other animals do.
    so in that sense Drudkh u r right. but I turn the qn back to you. how DO YOU know that Huskies dun like pulling sleighs?
    heck I can't even explain why hamsters love running the wheel so much..
    hmm cld it be that they jus naturally have a high metabolism and need to work it off?

I have seen one jack russel who's held at home cos its owners fear for its safety so doesn't walk the dog or let it out.
    its sad cos those who know dogs, know that jack russells have ALOT of energy. I suspect (cos i dunno for sure) that the JR would rather pull a sled than to rot at home.

that said of cos, I dun think any dog owner would or should use their dogs as a form of transport, if they are unfit to. If you are 100kg and getting ur chihuahua to fetch u to work. I think u are too eco-frenly for the dog's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    if that's a horse or lion or tiger or other BIG size animals, still accetable. dogs? no way.
    Alaskan Huskies love pulling sleighs? how do you know they LOVE it? are you an Alaskan Huskies? i guess not.
    how do you know horses, lions and tigers are ok with pulling sleighs? are u a horse, tiger or lion?

Quote Originally Posted by slaam
    hmmm heh this is starting to become a flame session liaos.. but hor no hard feelings kay?
    here's my two cents lah.
    the problem with alot of humans is that they tend to anthropomorphized animals they identify with. if it was cockroaches pulling sleds i think nobody would complain much.
    its the animals that react to us that we believe think like us. Just because we like to live our lives as couch potatoes doesn't mean that other animals do.
    so in that sense Drudkh u r right. but I turn the qn back to you. how DO YOU know that Huskies dun like pulling sleighs?
    heck I can't even explain why hamsters love running the wheel so much..
    hmm cld it be that they jus naturally have a high metabolism and need to work it off?

I have seen one jack russel who's held at home cos its owners fear for its safety so doesn't walk the dog or let it out.
    its sad cos those who know dogs, know that jack russells have ALOT of energy. I suspect (cos i dunno for sure) that the JR would rather pull a sled than to rot at home.

that said of cos, I dun think any dog owner would or should use their dogs as a form of transport, if they are unfit to. If you are 100kg and getting ur chihuahua to fetch u to work. I think u are too eco-frenly for the dog's sake.
    agree with what you say... dogs are much more active than people, unless you are a marathon runner (which few people are). dogs were once wolves, and wolves have to hunt right? also, they have to hunt every time they eat. do people even walk their dog every time they eat, at the intensity of dogs hunting? meaning, do people actually sprint with their dogs at least twice a day for a long distance? i guess not, so this may actually be OK for larger sized dogs, huskies etc. i DO NOT say they LOVE this, but i'm sure they won't be so exhausted, as they are meant to be doing much harder work than this in the arctic regions or wherever they originate from.

dun understand the need for the overreaction?

guess i dun need to be a cat to know that they enjoy being rubbed under their chins?

like i said, "if i'm not mistaken", these big dogs actually enjoy working out cuz they are so filled with energy. i remember watching a documentary on Discovery. The commentator said that these dogs "cant wait to run the up and down the mountain slopes" and the doggies honestly looked visually excited and they were bouncing up and down and couldnt wait to get started. Seriously, U cant make them 15 of them, weighing easily 40+kg each to run in a pack if they dont want to.

here's an extract i got from the web:

"The Alaskan Malamute is a Nordic dog, descended from the Arctic wolf. Its name comes from Mahlemuts, an Alaskan tribe that raised and cared for these beautiful snow dogs. Originally used 2000 to 3000 years ago by these Mahlemuit Eskimos of Alaska, the dogs were their only form of transportation and were highly valued. They pulled light traveling sleds, and hauled heavy loads (including food and supplies). Later, the Malamute went with Admiral Byrd's expeditions to the pole. This breed has amazing strength, endurance and heart. The Malamute is a sled dog. Packs of Malamutes have participated in many polar expeditions, for which they are particularly well adapted due to their tenacity, sense of direction, and excellent sense of smell. They have appeared as unforgettable characters in the stories of Jack London and Rudyard Kipling. In the last decades, they have proved themselves to be civilized and good-natured in this role. Some of the Alaskan Malamute's talents are sledding, carting, search & rescue, weight pulling and racing."

Quote Originally Posted by slaam
    how DO YOU know that Huskies dun like pulling sleighs?
    when did I say they don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    how do you know horses, lions and tigers are ok with pulling sleighs? are u a horse, tiger or lion?
    did I say ok? i said acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws
    dun understand the need for the overreaction?

guess i dun need to be a cat to know that they enjoy being rubbed under their chins?

like i said, "if i'm not mistaken", these big dogs actually enjoy working out cuz they are so filled with energy. i remember watching a documentary on Discovery. The commentator said that these dogs "cant wait to run the up and down the mountain slopes" and the doggies honestly looked visually excited and they were bouncing up and down and couldnt wait to get started. Seriously, U cant make them 15 of them, weighing easily 40+kg each to run in a pack if they dont want to.

here's an extract i got from the web:

"The Alaskan Malamute is a Nordic dog, descended from the Arctic wolf. Its name comes from Mahlemuts, an Alaskan tribe that raised and cared for these beautiful snow dogs. Originally used 2000 to 3000 years ago by these Mahlemuit Eskimos of Alaska, the dogs were their only form of transportation and were highly valued. They pulled light traveling sleds, and hauled heavy loads (including food and supplies). Later, the Malamute went with Admiral Byrd's expeditions to the pole. This breed has amazing strength, endurance and heart. The Malamute is a sled dog. Packs of Malamutes have participated in many polar expeditions, for which they are particularly well adapted due to their tenacity, sense of direction, and excellent sense of smell. They have appeared as unforgettable characters in the stories of Jack London and Rudyard Kipling. In the last decades, they have proved themselves to be civilized and good-natured in this role. Some of the Alaskan Malamute's talents are sledding, carting, search & rescue, weight pulling and racing."
    i apologise if i sound harsh and rude.
    dogs are always active and most are hyperactive. but do not regard them as a tool like for example, pulling of sleigh.

just last sunday, i watched channel U's 1pm show where they showed that in Thailand, they respect the bulls and hold a festival to comment them on their contribution. on the contrary, they also hold a bull racing competition and the farmers sitting on the bulls were whipping hard and in fast repetition like nobody's business. that's call respect? my foot!

This is cruel to dogs and animals? Only vegans who says this i respect. The rest are just hypocrites. You're still eating farmed animals and they're still animals. Sharks fin soup anyone?

Then the police and fire dept are guilty too. Their dogs work hard and get sent to dangerous and disaster areas. We, humans uses dogs to our benefit be it for work, hunting or rescue. Even as pets, we use them as a companion.

i apologise if i sound harsh and rude.
    dogs are always active and most are hyperactive. but do not regard them as a tool like for example, pulling of sleigh.

just last sunday, i watched channel U's 1pm show where they showed that in Thailand, they respect the bulls and hold a festival to comment them on their contribution. on the contrary, they also hold a bull racing competition and the farmers sitting on the bulls were whipping hard and in fast repetition like nobody's business. that's call respect? my foot!
    i understand ur anger. i do feel for these animals too. whipping animals, exploitation, and using them to make profit, entertainment purposes etc.. for eg. like c*ck-fighting, where daggers are attached to their claws while they fight ....and the match ends with the death of one c*ck, is utterly despicable and cruel. dog/horse-racing etc is also more often abused by humans.. either by starvation/shock/drugs method. it cannot be condoned.. but den again.. all these talk are gonna sound hypocritical cuz our daily food sources (chicken,pigs,cows) are also treated and killed inhumanely (think i'm going into a controversial topic here now) and i'm not a vegetarian (tried but was very hard) if u've seen the SEED vcd, u'd know what i mean. i bawled my eyes out and went off meat for 2 weeks. but had bad relapse. and its not easy to find nice vegetarian stuff around thats not mock stuff (actually quite unhealthy) too. in fact when i was in sydney, i found vegetarian stuff more easily, and were much tastier.

anyway, think we've all sidetracked. but my point was that the DOG-powered scooter is not cruel la, in my opinion. its DOG-powered. so if doggie dun feel like running, then the scooter wun move lor.