Thread: Trekking in Langtang, Nepal

Question Trekking in Langtang, Nepal

Will be going to Nepal on 23 Dec and am considering doing the Langtang trek. Any advice from those who have gone on this trek before? (i.e. whether advisable to trek during winter, what to bring, locations with good scenery, etc)

Default Re: Trekking in Langtang, Nepal

are you shooting digital or film. Make sure you have a lot of batteries. nice place and scenery. a small tripod or monopod may be good.

Quote Originally Posted by pretz
    Will be going to Nepal on 23 Dec and am considering doing the Langtang trek. Any advice from those who have gone on this trek before? (i.e. whether advisable to trek during winter, what to bring, locations with good scenery, etc)
    Did not do langtang trek, but did anapurna trek in oct 03. Plenty of nice scenery in Nepal generally. Look out for the human, floral and fauna to photographs too. If using digital, battery could be an issue, especially in the rural areas,where there is no power supply to charge battery. I used the Nikon F65 SLR with 28-80mm & 70 - 300 mm lens. No problem with battery consumption.

I guess others could give you better advice on the langtang trek.

did annapurna couple of yrs ago arnd dec too, bldy cold. get more batts or at least get a mf cam. batt drain is crazy. shot mainly with a 28mm and 50mm. lots of scenary and street shots, b&w shots are good choice too. tripod is handy and also wear a thiner glove outside ur main one, else hard to grip cam.

Will be shooting with my Canon 300D with 18-55mm and 28-75mm lens. Dun think I will be bringing any long zooms or tripod cos too bulky. The Annapurna area seems more popular with trekkers but the Langtang trek seems to offer very nice scenery too. Not sure if it will snow along this trek.

Quote Originally Posted by pretz
    Will be shooting with my Canon 300D with 18-55mm and 28-75mm lens. Dun think I will be bringing any long zooms or tripod cos too bulky. The Annapurna area seems more popular with trekkers but the Langtang trek seems to offer very nice scenery too. Not sure if it will snow along this trek.
    Good range, but should consider bringing a longer telephoto lens to capture the peaks close-up and a tripod would be good for the sunrise/sunset shots. Need that to get a good clear shot. I put the tripod in my main bag mostly, and the potters carry it.

Do read up on the Langtang trek, cause I remember that you may need to cross a high peak/pass, and it could be closed during winter with the weather being so cold and harsh.

I would say that anywhere in Nepal would be able to get good photos. I use the kodak 200 film for my trip, and the colours are fantastic and vibrant.

I did the langtang a few years ago. Nice place and the scenery is good. At the highest point, yes it may snow. Agree with some of the guy. Good if you can bring a manual camera or at least a manual focus (semi-auto) camera. The guys who brought F90 or F5, the battery died on them. So if you are bringing 300D, do make sure you have enough batterries.

Hi folks, am planning to go to Nepal early next year and am planning to do the Annapurna Sanctuary trek. Its gonna be a short trek (approx 10 days). Anyone can share what's the going daily rate for a porter cum guide there? Thanks!