Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

  1. #1

    Default Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Will that happen in 2008s? I observed that P3 computers dropped from $3000 to $500 in
    the past five years.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    Will that happen in 2008s? I observed that P3 computers dropped from $3000 to $500 in
    the past five years.
    Yes. I wun discount the possibility.

    But then again, it's prolly bashed up 2nd hands we're looking at.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    problem is, will u be using a 5 year old camera when there is already a 5th gen out?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4

    Question Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Yes. I wun discount the possibility.

    But then again, it's prolly bashed up 2nd hands we're looking at.
    Well, my expectation does include good working 2nd hand units, just now I
    saw a 2nd unit selling at $5700, but cannot afford leh

    Besides image quality and pixels, what are the merits of 1Ds over 350D?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    problem is, will u be using a 5 year old camera when there is already a 5th gen out?
    Yeah, correct, by 2008 350D Gen5 will prob be same quality of 1Ds Mk2.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    Well, my expectation does include good working 2nd hand units, just now I
    saw a 2nd unit selling at $5700, but cannot afford leh

    Besides image quality and pixels, what are the merits of 1Ds over 350D?
    Pro body, better build, weather sealing, faster AF system, 45 AF points over 7, more custom functions, etc etc. Can read it up at DPreview.com. However it has higher noise levels at higher ISO compared to 350D.

    In fact by 2008 there maybe much cheaper, better and faster full frame cameras out already. The 1Ds would look like a dinosaur in comparison.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    Well, my expectation does include good working 2nd hand units, just now I
    saw a 2nd unit selling at $5700, but cannot afford leh

    Besides image quality and pixels, what are the merits of 1Ds over 350D?
    We're looking at the following over a 350D:
    - Full frame sensor
    - Full-pro camera
    - Weather sealed body (Not all Ls and EF lenses are weather sealed. Take note)
    - High fps
    - Built-in grip, larger body with better support (some ppl swear by these and some ppl swear on it cos of the friggin' WEIGHT!)

    It all depends on whether u want all these features or not. Whilst I personally lust for a 1-series (even after my switch), I jolly well can't afford those features without any blood-letting on my part. So, it remains there on the shelf till I strike Toto 1 day.

    So, do u need those over ur 350D? U have to ask urself this question.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    We're looking at the following over a 350D:
    - Full frame sensor
    - Full-pro camera
    - Weather sealed body (Not all Ls and EF lenses are weather sealed. Take note)
    - High fps
    - Built-in grip, larger body with better support (some ppl swear by these and some ppl swear on it cos of the friggin' WEIGHT!)

    It all depends on whether u want all these features or not. Whilst I personally lust for a 1-series (even after my switch), I jolly well can't afford those features without any blood-letting on my part. So, it remains there on the shelf till I strike Toto 1 day.

    So, do u need those over ur 350D? U have to ask urself this question.
    while ppl are paying 6k for a 5D series... u are paying less than 2k now... welcome to minolta...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    while ppl are paying 6k for a 5D series... u are paying less than 2k now... welcome to minolta...
    Minolta nice, no need pay extra for IS lens. :rolleyes I dream AF90mm F/2.8 Di got IS also:
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 16th November 2005 at 11:33 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Chitchat - Got any chance for 1Ds to drop to price of 350Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    while ppl are paying 6k for a 5D series... u are paying less than 2k now... welcome to minolta...
    Never regretted. A whole new learning experience once again.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •