Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

  1. #1

    Lightbulb what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    i was at bras basah complex recently. walked into basheer's. while inside, i saw a 40-50's y.o. man. on his shoulder was a strap with the name 'Nikon D2X' on it, straping a Nikon camera. besides the camera, he carried a big domke bag which looked light in weight, imo. he was browsing books. what do you think? is he camera and bag proud or a show-off? or what?

    if you are want to tell me it is his camera/bag or his $$, then pls do not post. thank you. i have heard this argument many times before. i am looking for other views.

  2. #2

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i was at bras basah complex recently. walked into basheer's. while inside, i saw a 40-50's y.o. man. on his shoulder was a strap with the name 'Nikon D2X' on it, straping a Nikon camera. besides the camera, he carried a big domke bag which looked light in weight, imo. he was browsing books. what do you think? is he camera and bag proud or a show-off? or what?

    if you are want to tell me it is his camera/bag or his $$, then pls do not post. thank you. i have heard this argument many times before. i am looking for other views.

    Here's another view.. you're jealous of him..

  3. #3

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    i am not impressed with nikons.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    maybe jus browsing thru books in the middle of a street shoot?

  5. #5

    Lightbulb Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    honestly, i think he is a fool. taking into account his age.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    what's wrong with carrying a domke bag and a D2x?

    many pp are wearing watches/jewelleries/handbags that cost more than those..

    Most vehicles we see on the road also cost more than that too..

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i was at bras basah complex recently. walked into basheer's. while inside, i saw a 40-50's y.o. man. on his shoulder was a strap with the name 'Nikon D2X' on it, straping a Nikon camera. besides the camera, he carried a big domke bag which looked light in weight, imo. he was browsing books. what do you think? is he camera and bag proud or a show-off? or what?

    if you are want to tell me it is his camera/bag or his $$, then pls do not post. thank you. i have heard this argument many times before. i am looking for other views.
    Wats your point in your post anyway?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    No doubt that D2x is a top-notch camera. Aren't there better things to do in photography then be bothered by what equipment others use???

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    honestly, i think he is a fool. taking into account his age.
    My view: I think you think too much.

    He`s a fool, you are an idiot and I am a court jester. All one big happy family.

  10. #10

    Lightbulb Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    some of you must be joking. i am jealous because of about $10K(my best estimate of the total value of camera and bag less the lens(which i have no interest in finding out).

  11. #11

    Lightbulb Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    i like your humour. much needed in this world.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    My view: I think you think too much.

    He`s a fool, you are an idiot and I am a court jester. All one big happy family.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    i the reno meant u are jealous over the camera and bag.

    u might have 10k,but u dun have that 10k camera+bag

  13. #13

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    some of you must be joking. i am jealous because of about $10K(my best estimate of the total value of camera and bag less the lens(which i have no interest in finding out).
    If you have no interest, then why bother asking pointless questions?

  14. #14

    Lightbulb Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    you might be trapped in the 'catching up with the joneses' syndrome. i am not the least affected.

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    i the reno meant u are jealous over the camera and bag.

    u might have 10k,but u dun have that 10k camera+bag

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    if that's the case..

    then wad is bothering u ?why do u think he is a fool if he owns a D2x and a domke bag?

    u mean all 40's-50's D2x owners are fool?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    you might be trapped in the 'catching up with the joneses' syndrome. i am not the least affected.
    No, you are afflicted with an obessesion for pointless questions.

  17. #17

    Lightbulb Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    if you did not realised by now, you have missed my point totally. thank you for posting. good night.

    Quote Originally Posted by kex
    if that's the case..

    then wad is bothering u ?why do u think he is a fool if he owns a D2x and a domke bag?

    u mean all 40's-50's D2x owners are fool?

  18. #18

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    if you are want to tell me it is his camera/bag or his $$, then pls do not post. thank you. i have heard this argument many times before. i am looking for other views.
    well guess what, that's the fact.
    is it not?

  19. #19

    Lightbulb Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    maybe but isn't this the trend of kopitiam nowadays? my perception.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    No, you are afflicted with an obessesion for pointless questions.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 15th November 2005 at 11:16 PM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: what do you think? pride of camera/bag ?

    Nikon should make a D2X Titanium edition, sell for $50k, sure got ppl will rush to buy.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •