Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheat In Tampines

Default Re: Cheat In Tampines

Quote Originally Posted by imagine_orange
    NKF and now this???
    Maybe they are the ever-enthusiastic youth members of the recently defunked 'TT Durai Fan Club?'

If they made clear that the money is for themselves, then I guess it wouldn't mind. But the fact is their sales pitch is that of raising funds for a charity. My was approached TWICE in a week, and both times different reason. First is orphanage, second is raising fund for a basketball team. I think posting here and warning people is of more use than lodging a police complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    Those pushing the cart around are working lah,not cheats.
    Unless they really ask you to buy at $10 then label them as cheat,otherwise it's real unfair to those who are really out to make a living.
    Those who push the cart to my house sell only $2 per cornetto.

I know of the $2 cornetto and that they are working for the ice cream company. They are providing a service for people buy going door to door selling BRANDED ice cream. I have to clarify that those I met were selling ice cream of an OVERSEAS brand that is not found in major supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil84
    I know of the $2 cornetto and that they are working for the ice cream company. They are providing a service for people buy going door to door selling BRANDED ice cream. I have to clarify that those I met were selling ice cream of an OVERSEAS brand that is not found in major supermarkets.
    err overseas... Japan or US?

if Meiji does that, i dun mind...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

WAHahh. I truly hope it was Meiji but it's a brand from our neighbours. Evergreen ice cream. Ever heard?? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    gals selling ice cream? what kinda 'ice cream'? ke ke ke
    讨厌... Dis kind of things dun say out liddat....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

WAHahh. I truly hope it was Meiji but it's a brand from our neighbours. Evergreen ice cream. Ever heard?? LoL
    Evergreen.... Hmm... So ur stools will be everlasting green and watery?

Ok, its lunchtime and i dun wanna spoil anyone's appeitite. Frankly, I dun think Meiji would have these kind of door-to-door sales.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Chio or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    Chio or not?

NPNT!
    NPNT!

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    NPNT!
    NPNT!
    ouch!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

i don wish to torture my stomach with this never ever heard brand. lol

I have encountered 2 such incidents.

The last time was about 3 weeks ago. I insisted on not buying the ice-cream but she did not 'surrender' easily.

She gave me another option since I mentioned I was not interested with the ice-cream. She offered to sell me the wafer biscuits that come with the ice-cream; $2 for a small pack of the thin biscuits! Ridiculous!

I refused but she continued by telling me that the proceeds from the sale will be used for 'charity' purposes. She also said that there was a group of them that night and they were sent to my area with a bus.

More interesting is that she said they had actually been asked by their teachers to sell the ice-cream as part of their holiday camp activities to collect money for charity. She even quoted the name of the school which supposedly endorsed the activity: Anderson Sec Sch.

I just could not believe her stories!

Quote Originally Posted by drafting88
    I have encountered 2 such incidents.

The last time was about 3 weeks ago. I insisted on not buying the ice-cream but she did not 'surrender' easily.

She gave me another option since I mentioned I was not interested with the ice-cream. She offered to sell me the wafer biscuits that come with the ice-cream; $2 for a small pack of the thin biscuits! Ridiculous!

I refused but she continued by telling me that the proceeds from the sale will be used for 'charity' purposes. She also said that there was a group of them that night and they were sent to my area with a bus.

More interesting is that she said they had actually been asked by their teachers to sell the ice-cream as part of their holiday camp activities to collect money for charity. She even quoted the name of the school which supposedly endorsed the activity: Anderson Sec Sch.

I just could not believe her stories!
    where were u? Ang Mo Kio?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

ok .. i am damn sure anderson secondary would not have endorsed it ...

anyways the next time they come around i'm gonna whip out my cam (whichever is nearest and has memory, throw on external flash and start shooting .. =P

my dad buys from them... cos my mum likes to eat...

the $10 a tub from those school (i assume) girls? or the walls ice cream salesman? ...

tink its the walls one... cos diggin from tub very troublesome hehe

Hi folks,

Just to share with you all, I stay in the Tampines area and recently there's been a gang of youngsters/teenagers walking around and selling ice cream in the name of charity. They opereate usually in pairs and most are girls. They claim to sell ice cream to raise money for orphaned kids. The ice cream is some overseas unknown brand and they sell for 10 dollars per pack. They carry no proper identification and would back off the moment police is mentioned. Their target are the aunties and uncles. My parents have both been approached before and my mum actually bought the ice cream from them.

Anyone has similar experience around this area?? I feel like lodging a complain with the police!

PS

I am not against sale of ice cream for charity. I am against cheats. If there is a chance that there is indeed a charity selling ice cream to raise funds in the Tampines area using teenagers as their agents of sale, please notify me and I will withdraw all statements.

I don't know that selling ice cream is called cheating in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    I don't know that selling ice cream is called cheating in Singapore.
    Selling ice cream is not cheating. Selling anything at a much a higher price and 'claiming' that its for 'charity' when its not is considered cheating. They are many things that people do to get money from other people that's considered cheating and of course they are many ways which can be done legally. Go figure.
    Last edited by hazmee; 16th November 2005 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    Selling ice cream is not cheating. Selling anything at a much a higher price and 'claiming' that its for 'charity' when its not is considered cheating. They are many things that people do to get money from other people that's considered cheating and of course they are many ways which can be done legally. Go figure.
    Thanks hazmee for helping me reply.

I figure the motive of this thread to spread awareness and share experience of this incident has been reached and as such, I'm closing the thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed in one way or other, including those who brought humour to this otherwise quite fustrating encounter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12