Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 234

Thread: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    a reply

    at least the first step

    "Greetings from Singapore Tourism Board (STB).

    I've re-directed your email to the department concern. An officer in-charge
    will be contacting you shortly.

    Please feel free to contact me if you require further assistance.

    Thank you."
    that's good news of some sort

    actually although the rules are not good but they aren't entirely bad, at least there'll be acknowledgement given for usage, so no need for extreme reactions. nothing can be worse than the SC Marathon competition rules.

    btw do you think calling STB may speed up? saw their numbers on their website http://app.stb.com.sg/asp/mis/cont.asp

    anyone free during office hour may want to try

  2. #122
    Member hskism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Wow! This is competition have good prizes!
    There is even MMS entries!?
    Wah, is the quality of the photos from MMS enough?

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    3,530

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    anyone has problem submitting their work ?

    its 12:47am 26/12/05 and i recieve something like this


    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.
    Submission could not be accepted.
    Please contact us for the problem.


  4. #124
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    anyone has problem submitting their work ?

    its 12:47am 26/12/05 and i recieve something like this


    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.
    Submission could not be accepted.
    Please contact us for the problem.

    u're not alone.

    i emailed the organiser some 1 month back and only got a reply on last thurs or friday. they are looking into the problem or so they said, and will get back to me, or so they said again.


    cheers!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #125
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

    Script timed out

    /PhotoCompetitionWeb/DigitalPhotoVerify.asp

    The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.


  6. #126
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

    Script timed out

    /PhotoCompetitionWeb/DigitalPhotoVerify.asp

    The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

    is this another different set of problem?
    sorry, dunno abt such I.T stuff...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #127
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    is this another different set of problem?
    sorry, dunno abt such I.T stuff...
    yup,i just try submitting and this error msg come out.


  8. #128
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    yup,i just try submitting and this error msg come out.
    they might be having some problems? anyway, dun care la.

    see how they fix up the problem. S$10k for the winning foto...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    3,530

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    submitted ... think the part where u need to type in info for yr photo cant be too long ... previously mine i type too long

  10. #130
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    submitted ... think the part where u need to type in info for yr photo cant be too long ... previously mine i type too long
    oic!
    that's good!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chestnut
    Posts
    3,171

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

    Script timed out

    /PhotoCompetitionWeb/DigitalPhotoVerify.asp

    The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
    This means your file is larger than the max 3Mb. Reduce the file size, and you should be able to get it through.

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    so has anyone tried calling STB regarding the T & C yet?

  13. #133
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Maybe they waiting until contest over or enough entries received before replying. By then, raw rice cooked into porridge already

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    so has anyone tried calling STB regarding the T & C yet?
    I called them some time back and spoke to an officer and got the standard reply " thank you for your feedback. I'll pass on your feedback to the relevant dept for them to look into it for future competations "

    Funny thing is that at the start of the call they ask for my name and h/p no. but will only give me her name as Miss Tan. And I forgot to ask which dept she's from after all the transfer from one dept to another. Yeah, I know, I'm kicking myself in the behind for this
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  15. #135

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Hey sorry guys, just sidetrack a little......
    There is less than 30 MMS shortlisted entry so far and with the deadline fast approaching,
    the odds for winning the top prize is so much better than 4D leh,
    each submission only cost you 50cents, cheaper than 4D bet leh,
    $5000 compared to $3000 (small) More then 4D leh,

    What are you guys waiting for.... HaHa , Good Luck.

  16. #136
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    A reply from the org

    "Dear Alex,

    Thank you for sharing your views with us on the terms and conditions of STB's Unique2Me Photo Contest. We also visited the forum to get a better sense of what is the nature of discomfort with Clause 9 in our T&C.

    The STB is hosting the Unique2Me photo contest to engage locals and visitors to explore the unique, often hidden parts of Singapore through one of the most popular media available today i.e. digital and MMS photographs. We believe that our island nation has a lot of hidden beauty that does not meet the everyday eye and that the re-exploration of Singapore through a photo enthusiasts lens will uncover these parts. Photo enthusiasts like yourself then are our tourism ambassadors!

    In formulating the contest T&C's we have ensured that our tourism ambassadors receive the recognition and rewards that they deserve. This includes
    The handsome prizes for the winning photographs - i.e. S$ 10,000, in addition to a Sony Digital Camera and a Sony Ericsson mobile phone for the Digital Photograph category and S$ 5,000, in addition to a Sony Digital Camera and a Sony Ericsson mobile phone for the MMS Photograph category.
    Each time that a photograph from the contest is used, we will mention the participant's name and credit his submission to the photo contest.
    We will be also be hosting an exhibition of the contest photographs at Suntec City in April next year where the photographers of each submission will be credited. There will be no cost incurred by the photographer to have his photographs displayed at this exhibition. This event will also include publicity opportunity for the top winning photographers who we will invite as special guests.

    In taking all these measures we hope to encourage photo enthusiasts of all calibres to rediscover Singapore, and perhaps rediscover their own artistic talent in perceiving, capturing and converting to pictures something about Singapore that is incredibly unique in their eyes.

    As a photo enthusiast yourself, I hope you are able to share our enthusiasm and passion to pictorially redefine Singapore. We look forward to your participation in the contest. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the coordinates below.

    Wishing you the very best of luck.

    Regards,"

  17. #137
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Please note:

    Clause 25

    Save for the right of third parties permitted by STB to use the Photographs as provided for in Clause 9 (above), these terms and conditions are not intended to confer rights on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) or otherwise, and no third party shall have any right to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions.

  18. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodlands, near Admiralty MRT
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    A reply from the org

    "Dear Alex,

    Thank you for sharing your views with us on the terms and conditions of STB's Unique2Me Photo Contest. We also visited the forum to get a better sense of what is the nature of discomfort with Clause 9 in our T&C.

    The STB is hosting the Unique2Me photo contest to engage locals and visitors to explore the unique, often hidden parts of Singapore through one of the most popular media available today i.e. digital and MMS photographs. We believe that our island nation has a lot of hidden beauty that does not meet the everyday eye and that the re-exploration of Singapore through a photo enthusiasts lens will uncover these parts. Photo enthusiasts like yourself then are our tourism ambassadors!

    In formulating the contest T&C's we have ensured that our tourism ambassadors receive the recognition and rewards that they deserve. This includes
    The handsome prizes for the winning photographs - i.e. S$ 10,000, in addition to a Sony Digital Camera and a Sony Ericsson mobile phone for the Digital Photograph category and S$ 5,000, in addition to a Sony Digital Camera and a Sony Ericsson mobile phone for the MMS Photograph category.
    Each time that a photograph from the contest is used, we will mention the participant's name and credit his submission to the photo contest.
    We will be also be hosting an exhibition of the contest photographs at Suntec City in April next year where the photographers of each submission will be credited. There will be no cost incurred by the photographer to have his photographs displayed at this exhibition. This event will also include publicity opportunity for the top winning photographers who we will invite as special guests.

    In taking all these measures we hope to encourage photo enthusiasts of all calibres to rediscover Singapore, and perhaps rediscover their own artistic talent in perceiving, capturing and converting to pictures something about Singapore that is incredibly unique in their eyes.

    As a photo enthusiast yourself, I hope you are able to share our enthusiasm and passion to pictorially redefine Singapore. We look forward to your participation in the contest. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the coordinates below.

    Wishing you the very best of luck.

    Regards,"
    say like didn't say.

  19. #139
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Woodlands, near Admiralty MRT
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Please note:

    Clause 25

    Save for the right of third parties permitted by STB to use the Photographs as provided for in Clause 9 (above), these terms and conditions are not intended to confer rights on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) or otherwise, and no third party shall have any right to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions.
    Catch no ball, my english CMI , can explain a bit? thank you.

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,522

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    A reply from the org

    "Dear Alex,

    Thank you for sharing your views with us on the terms and conditions of STB's Unique2Me Photo Contest. We also visited the forum to get a better sense of what is the nature of discomfort with Clause 9 in our T&C.

    The STB is hosting the Unique2Me photo contest to engage locals and visitors to explore the unique, often .... blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.... .....

    ... .... ....

    As a photo enthusiast yourself, I hope you are able to share our enthusiasm and passion to pictorially redefine Singapore. We look forward to your participation in the contest. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at the coordinates below.

    Wishing you the very best of luck.

    Regards,"
    Bah. Saying a lot to say nothing at all. Does anyone else feel that other than the line in bold, everything else was copied? Lolz. Sounds like they don't care/they don't get it/every senior officer was on holiday and left a clueless junior officer to settle the reply.

    ortega, may i have the OIC's contact details above?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •