Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 234

Thread: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    113

    Lightbulb Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...unique2me.html


    15 November 2005 – 28 February 2006

    Ever thought a photograph you once took was worth thousands of dollars? Well here’s your chance to win $10,000 with a photo, and have it showcased - just take part in the Unique2Me National Photo Contest.

    All you need to do is take a picture of what’s uniquely Singapore in your eyes, write a caption for it, and share it with us!

    So whether it’s the infamous durian or its architectural look-alike, the Esplanade, your next shot could make you a winner. What’s more, the winning photos will be printed on ezLink cards!



    Don’t forget, one picture of what you feel is uniquely Singapore, is all you need to win these attractive prizes

    Digital Photo Category Prizes

    Grand Prize
    Sony digital camera + Sony Ericsson mobile phone + S$10,000
    1st Runner-up
    Sony digital camera + Sony Ericsson mobile phone
    2nd Runner-up
    Sony digital camera + Sony Ericsson mobile phone

    MMS Photo Category Prizes

    Grand Prize
    Sony digital camera + Sony Ericsson mobile phone + S$5,000

    1st Runner-up
    Sony digital camera + Sony Ericsson mobile phone

    2nd Runner-up
    Sony digital camera + Sony Ericsson mobile phone


    Here’s another surprise! Come February 2006, you get to vote for the winning photographs. What’s more, you stand a chance to win attractive prizes by just voting. A vote in the Digital Photo category could win you Sony digital cameras or even S$200 in cash. And if you’re voting for the MMS Photo category, you could walk away with a Sony Ericsson mobile phone or the S$200 cash prize.

    Digi submission: http://www.moblog.com.sg/unique2me/photosubmit.asp

    Digi gallery :http://www.moblog.com.sg/unique2me/photogallery.asp

    MMS submission:http://www.moblog.com.sg/unique2me/MMSPhotoSubmit.asp

    MMS gallery:http://www.moblog.com.sg/unique2me/MMSPhotoGallery.asp

    Workshop Registration: http://www.moblog.com.sg/unique2me/Registration.asp

    Terms & conditions:http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...terms_and.html
    Last edited by terence0023; 15th November 2005 at 02:52 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    As usual to participants , please read the terms and conditions carefully before submitting your photos, etc clause 9

    Quote
    "
    The Participant hereby agrees that STB reserves the right to use all photograph(s) submitted by the Participant for the Photo Contest (“Photographs”) for any purpose that STB deems fit including without limitation for publicity purposes, communications related to the Photo Contest and/or promoting Singapore as a travel destination, and hereby grants to STB a royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use the copyright and all other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in such Photographs for such purposes, provided that in the event that STB decides to use the Participant’s Photograph(s), STB shall affix, print, or otherwise state on the appropriate form or medium, a notice to credit the source of the Photograph(s) to the Participant. In addition, the Participant shall do all things and execute all documents necessary or as may be required by STB to enforce any of the rights promised to STB herein.

    "
    Last edited by kitkat; 15th November 2005 at 02:57 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Is the grand price $10k paid in cash? Not just some shopping voucher or discount coupon?

  4. #4
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    $10,000? I am in! i need moola now
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  5. #5

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    As usual to participants , please read the terms and conditions carefully before submitting your photos, etc clause 9

    Quote
    "
    The Participant hereby agrees that STB reserves the right to use all photograph(s) submitted by the Participant for the Photo Contest (“Photographs”) for any purpose that STB deems fit including without limitation for publicity purposes, communications related to the Photo Contest and/or promoting Singapore as a travel destination, and hereby grants to STB a royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use the copyright and all other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in such Photographs for such purposes, provided that in the event that STB decides to use the Participant’s Photograph(s), STB shall affix, print, or otherwise state on the appropriate form or medium, a notice to credit the source of the Photograph(s) to the Participant. In addition, the Participant shall do all things and execute all documents necessary or as may be required by STB to enforce any of the rights promised to STB herein.

    "


    It's the usual Singaporean way of dangling a small carrot (or dare I say peanut? :P) in return for tonnes of pictures that the organisers can use at their whim and fancy, without having to pay for any royalty fees whatsoever.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central Area
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    'Digital Camera photographs should be uploaded on www.visitsingapore.com/unique2me with at least 300 dpi resolution. Minimum file size of the digital photograph should be 500 KB (and not exceed 3 MB) accompanied with properly completed Photo Contest online entry forms. Entries which are successfully uploaded will receive an email with the Participant’s Submission ID. The Participant should retain the email and take note of the Submission ID as proof of submission. '


    Does this mean picture must be taken from digital camera ?
    How's about pictures that are scanned from negative ?


  7. #7

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Is the grand price $10k paid in cash? Not just some shopping voucher or discount coupon?
    Free entry to Sentosa for the rest of your life haahaahaa

  8. #8

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    BUT looking at how the 10k is bundled think its more like $2 worth of discount voucher PER battery pack purchase thereafter! hey thats 5000 pcs ok!

    hahhaha...whats worst, SENTOSA or SONY FOREVER??...least with sentosa you get to go to the IR once a while when its up.
    Last edited by itisnottheendorg; 15th November 2005 at 05:49 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    Free entry to Sentosa for the rest of your life haahaahaa
    i would rather be Islander member...

    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by teL


    It's the usual Singaporean way of dangling a small carrot (or dare I say peanut? :P) in return for tonnes of pictures that the organisers can use at their whim and fancy, without having to pay for any royalty fees whatsoever.
    yes you are right about the dangling a peanut carrot...! but on hindsight, if u are not a professional photographer, how do u expect people to pay you royalty fees? So a amateur have to participate in these competitions, try to gain some recognition and up his portfolio and earn some peanuts first, before they talk about royalty fee. ;-)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by sojourn88
    yes you are right about the dangling a peanut carrot...! but on hindsight, if u are not a professional photographer, how do u expect people to pay you royalty fees? So a amateur have to participate in these competitions, try to gain some recognition and up his portfolio and earn some peanuts first, before they talk about royalty fee. ;-)
    You do not have to be a professional photographer to demand royalty fees. Look at the stock photography sites that are out there. They do not demand that you have to be a pro. It's a matter of respecting the rights over intellectual property, which are unfortunately disregarded often in these competitions.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by teL
    You do not have to be a professional photographer to demand royalty fees. Look at the stock photography sites that are out there. They do not demand that you have to be a pro. It's a matter of respecting the rights over intellectual property, which are unfortunately disregarded often in these competitions.
    I need the friggin' money. S$10K is a lot to me man....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    though we would like to see better T&Cs with regards to copyrights, at least this one do not ask you to pay their leagal fees when they get sued for using the images or provide any model release of the people in the images.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  14. #14

    Lightbulb Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    hold your horses. i remembered reading in the contest's t & cs as excerpted below.

    "In addition, the Participant shall do all things and execute all documents necessary or as may be required by STB to enforce any of the rights promised to STB herein."

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    though we would like to see better T&Cs with regards to copyrights, at least this one do not ask you to pay their leagal fees when they get sued for using the images or provide any model release of the people in the images.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Yup. Also see Clause 22.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    hold your horses. i remembered reading in the contest's t & cs as excerpted below.

    "In addition, the Participant shall do all things and execute all documents necessary or as may be required by STB to enforce any of the rights promised to STB herein."
    Mmmmmmm you got a point there. On a first read it seem like they just want you to sign a copyright release but reading it a 2nd time slowly.......... it's not very clear what they're refering to.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  17. #17
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    It just says that they want you to execute documents which perfect their rights in cases where such documents are needed. It doesn't give them any more rights than they already have.

    Give you a typical example/hypothetical of when such clauses are used:

    Party A assigns a patent whatever to Party B. Before Party B can record himself with the Patents Registry as assignee, he needs Party A to sign a document saying that Party A has assigned it to B. Or he may need Party A to sign some document required by the Registry before they will enter Party B as the new owner. In such a case, this clause comes into play and Party B can simply get Party A to sign that document citing this clause. If this clause is not around, Party A can simply refuse to sign the document.

    Hope this helps on what the true meaning of this clause is intended to be.


    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Mmmmmmm you got a point there. On a first read it seem like they just want you to sign a copyright release but reading it a 2nd time slowly.......... it's not very clear what they're refering to.

  18. #18
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Agree with you, althought it can always get better, Clause 9 in this T&C is by far the best I've come across to date regarding ownership and copyright and usage.

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    though we would like to see better T&Cs with regards to copyrights, at least this one do not ask you to pay their leagal fees when they get sued for using the images or provide any model release of the people in the images.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper
    Yup. Also see Clause 22.
    Clause 22I don't really get the legal mombo jumbo. Must be the cough med

    lesson learn here for me? next time read through all the T&Cs slowly and when I'm not on medication before posting!!!
    Last edited by yqt; 16th November 2005 at 05:51 PM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  20. #20

    Lightbulb Re: Unique2Me National Photo Contest

    in connection with the excerpted clause in my post, i think it includes obtaining a model release of identifiable person/s in the photo, if asked by STB.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    It just says that they want you to execute documents which perfect their rights in cases where such documents are needed. It doesn't give them any more rights than they already have.

    Give you a typical example/hypothetical of when such clauses are used:

    Party A assigns a patent whatever to Party B. Before Party B can record himself with the Patents Registry as assignee, he needs Party A to sign a document saying that Party A has assigned it to B. Or he may need Party A to sign some document required by the Registry before they will enter Party B as the new owner. In such a case, this clause comes into play and Party B can simply get Party A to sign that document citing this clause. If this clause is not around, Party A can simply refuse to sign the document.

    Hope this helps on what the true meaning of this clause is intended to be.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 16th November 2005 at 05:51 PM.

Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •