Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very Urgent Matter concerning someone's life at stake

Default Re: Very Urgent Matter concerning someone's life at stake

hey DCA, found this online http://www.hsa.gov.sg/internet/dcCon...rcare_question
    it's the healthcheck form for blood donation.

now we know ... the blood doesn't go directly to the person in need, anyway it's a good cause, eventually the blood will help someone

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    how painful is it?
    Is it more painful than taking blood for health screening test?
    ant bite, small small pain that's negligible in fact i didn't even feel it the last time i donated

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    There's another form of donation called Apheresis which just takes your plasma and platelets and "recycles" your RBCs back to you
    i heard that's an exhausting process, only very healthy people qualify, is that true?

Not sure about how healthy you need to be, just takes a bit longer then the normal donation (I remember it took about an hour or 2 IIRC or was it 3). The newer machines use a single needle to do both withdrawl of blood and putting the blood back in.. so you just lie there for several cycles, blood is drawn out, filtered and then pumped back in.

Also, they do a blood test first and then call you back to donate .. I think.

No more painful then normal blood donation, just the same 1 needle. only difference is time. Unfortunately I'm not the right blood type to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    hey DCA, found this online http://www.hsa.gov.sg/internet/dcCon...rcare_question
    it's the healthcheck form for blood donation.

now we know ... the blood doesn't go directly to the person in need, anyway it's a good cause, eventually the blood will help someone

ant bite, small small pain that's negligible in fact i didn't even feel it the last time i donated

i heard that's an exhausting process, only very healthy people qualify, is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    just back...... anyway she got her platelets today, thats what the doc told me anyway...

they say we can't do direct donations thou...

for my wasted trip today i've learnt a few things... 1st of all.... do not go block 7 lvl 2, cos they dun do that there... have to go HSA building...

then i just extracted my wisdom tooth less than 3 months ago, so i can't donate... must be thinking i am stupid now... sob sob... and worse off... i can't donate platelets on the 1st time... only subsequent time can do platelets...

anyway, i've scheduled to do it on end jan... die die must do... sia suay man....
    very encouraging.
    a good man

how painful is it?
    Don't worry too much, doesn't really hurt that much. In fact I don't feel a thing when they insert the needle the injection before the actual cause a bit of pain though

Well...My time is here again....26 Nov is the date...the time is just right after my exam, will be going down on that day morning(saturday) Anyone interested to go down together??

Updates to the situation :

Joe's wife's platelet count has already risen to 41+ and the hospital say that supplies are adequate now. Thanks to all who tried to donate and donated. Those who wish to do so can still donate.

how painful is it?
    don't worry about it. it's only a short sting when they apply the local anaesthesia. If you've ever drawn blood for tests before (like army HIV testing), then this is kid's play. Once the LA takes effect, the big needle going in to extract the blood no pain, no feeling one

BTW why only male having sex with another male is the concern for HIV disease?
    Female with female, cannot meh?

BTW why only male having sex with another male is the concern for HIV disease?
    Female with female, cannot meh?
    Eh, I think it's just a singapore thing where gays are being seen as host of HIV due to the high count of gays getting HIV, and not Les....just too bad

Cheers to the straights...

Just read the news...

Wife has given birth to a baby boy at 11.30am. She is weak but ok.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Just read the news...

Wife has given birth to a baby boy at 11.30am. She is weak but ok.

Cheers
    John
    where your news?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    where your news?
    http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...&postcount=132

Cheers
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123