Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

Default Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

Hi,

I was looking for Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg, which I had in Hong Kong last year. It was extremely delicious. Its somewhere near Jordon MTR.

Recently I heard there is a store here in Chinatown, so wonder if anyone know where exactly it is.. I saw it in the newspaper, but it did not mention the address.

Thanks.

Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

Can steam yourself what, very simple one.

one egg york with 20oz of milk stir and mix, cover with aluminum foil and steam for 15 min. Once ready just add honey to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Can steam yourself what, very simple one.

one egg york with 20oz of milk stir and mix, cover with aluminum foil and steam for 15 min. Once ready just add honey to serve.
    Where is your shop?

Quote Originally Posted by k_istDS
    Hi,

I was looking for Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg, which I had in Hong Kong last year. It was extremely delicious. Its somewhere near Jordon MTR.

Recently I heard there is a store here in Chinatown, so wonder if anyone know where exactly it is.. I saw it in the newspaper, but it did not mention the address.

Thanks.
    I know of 1 on the same row as Hotel81 in the shophouse along Upper Cross street (perpenticular to Eu Tong Seng Road) in chinatown. They sell lots of dessert. Quite good and authentic. Name is "ji de chi" translate to "remember to eat".

Quote Originally Posted by seewhy
    I know of 1 on the same row as Hotel81 in the shophouse along Upper Cross street (perpenticular to Eu Tong Seng Road) in chinatown. They sell lots of dessert. Quite good and authentic. Name is "ji de chi" translate to "remember to eat".
    i think that's the one i'm thinking too. they've many other kinds of desserts which you could find in HK. i tried once and the taste aint that great to me
    it's along the row of shophouses that they sell 'you ji mian' (dark soya sauce chicken) , opposite the Chinatown pt.

Never tried before but know a few dessert stores that are selling. One already mentioned abv at Upper Cross Street. The other two are nearby, one at People Park Centre 2nd floor near to the Bridge connecting to Chinatown Point. The other is at Temple Street (near to Lucky Chinatown), the store is also selling famous "Farmer" brand peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Where is your shop?
    Still waiting for someone to buy my picture for US$1.2mil so i could have my shop in orchard.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Still waiting for someone to buy my picture for US$1.2mil so i could have my shop in orchard.
    Like that you better stick to selling photos.

We'll sell the steam milk & egg for you.

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    i think that's the one i'm thinking too. they've many other kinds of desserts which you could find in HK. i tried once and the taste aint that great to me
    it's along the row of shophouses that they sell 'you ji mian' (dark soya sauce chicken) , opposite the Chinatown pt.
    The best one has already move, use to be in People's Park Centre, in the middle of the shopping mall. The indian style green bean soup is the best of the best, move many year liao, wonder anyone try before?

You can try this dessert place called "Ah Chew's" at Bugis... behind Parco Bugis Shopping Centre

dunno whether it's hongkong style.. but i took one pic..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/argent2/56494594/

Quote Originally Posted by argent2
    You can try this dessert place called "Ah Chew's" at Bugis... behind Parco Bugis Shopping Centre

dunno whether it's hongkong style.. but i took one pic..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/argent2/56494594/

I think i will go try it out.. hopefully is what I wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by seewhy
    Hmm.. might be this one.. i didn't walk that stretch yesterday.. was trying to find it.. thanks

there's a dessert stall just opposite KT along Cross Street. the name is '记得吃'
    heard their 炖蛋 is their specialty, but i haven't tried before, only tried their sesame paste

There's a shop selling chinese desserts like 炖蛋 on Liang Seah St (opp Bugis Junction). Forgot the name of the shop but if I'm not wrong it's juz opp 来来牛肉面. Always crowded...
    ~ 迷失的我仍在努力寻找属于自己的蓝天 ~

crystal jade at scotts now selling it i think. they got quite a lot of new desserts.

来来牛肉面

How about taking chawan mushi instead? Easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by limkopi
    There's a shop selling chinese desserts like 炖蛋 on Liang Seah St (opp Bugis Junction). Forgot the name of the shop but if I'm not wrong it's juz opp 来来牛肉面. Always crowded...
    It's nice on some days, terrible on others. I have had good and bad ones at this shop. A lot depends on the freshness of the batch you're ordering from.

quick

mai tu liao, start a shop selling such desserts

Quote Originally Posted by k_istDS
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Wah that one near Jordon! The place name is something like 牛奶公司 right? The people there is farking rude but fwah, the Teh is really steam...

Thanks you guys..

eikin was right.. at '记得吃' has what i have been looking.. bought it yesterday.. but bad.. but maybe not as nice as what I had in HK.. Maybe when I ate that it was for Breakfast, and the taste is really fresh, and silky smooth.. and the milk and egg blends very well, thinking of the HK one still make me goes crazy... But at least found one.. Heard the Sesame Paste is very nice too, next time must try... As for the on ein Bugis.. will find time to look for it next week... Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast