Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore - Whampoa
    Posts
    398

    Default Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Hi,

    I was looking for Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg, which I had in Hong Kong last year. It was extremely delicious. Its somewhere near Jordon MTR.

    Recently I heard there is a store here in Chinatown, so wonder if anyone know where exactly it is.. I saw it in the newspaper, but it did not mention the address.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Can steam yourself what, very simple one.

    one egg york with 20oz of milk stir and mix, cover with aluminum foil and steam for 15 min. Once ready just add honey to serve.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Can steam yourself what, very simple one.

    one egg york with 20oz of milk stir and mix, cover with aluminum foil and steam for 15 min. Once ready just add honey to serve.
    Where is your shop?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    297

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by k_istDS
    Hi,

    I was looking for Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg, which I had in Hong Kong last year. It was extremely delicious. Its somewhere near Jordon MTR.

    Recently I heard there is a store here in Chinatown, so wonder if anyone know where exactly it is.. I saw it in the newspaper, but it did not mention the address.

    Thanks.
    I know of 1 on the same row as Hotel81 in the shophouse along Upper Cross street (perpenticular to Eu Tong Seng Road) in chinatown. They sell lots of dessert. Quite good and authentic. Name is "ji de chi" translate to "remember to eat".

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by seewhy
    I know of 1 on the same row as Hotel81 in the shophouse along Upper Cross street (perpenticular to Eu Tong Seng Road) in chinatown. They sell lots of dessert. Quite good and authentic. Name is "ji de chi" translate to "remember to eat".
    i think that's the one i'm thinking too. they've many other kinds of desserts which you could find in HK. i tried once and the taste aint that great to me
    it's along the row of shophouses that they sell 'you ji mian' (dark soya sauce chicken) , opposite the Chinatown pt.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Never tried before but know a few dessert stores that are selling. One already mentioned abv at Upper Cross Street. The other two are nearby, one at People Park Centre 2nd floor near to the Bridge connecting to Chinatown Point. The other is at Temple Street (near to Lucky Chinatown), the store is also selling famous "Farmer" brand peanuts.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Where is your shop?
    Still waiting for someone to buy my picture for US$1.2mil so i could have my shop in orchard.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Still waiting for someone to buy my picture for US$1.2mil so i could have my shop in orchard.
    Like that you better stick to selling photos.

    We'll sell the steam milk & egg for you.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    i think that's the one i'm thinking too. they've many other kinds of desserts which you could find in HK. i tried once and the taste aint that great to me
    it's along the row of shophouses that they sell 'you ji mian' (dark soya sauce chicken) , opposite the Chinatown pt.
    The best one has already move, use to be in People's Park Centre, in the middle of the shopping mall. The indian style green bean soup is the best of the best, move many year liao, wonder anyone try before?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    You can try this dessert place called "Ah Chew's" at Bugis... behind Parco Bugis Shopping Centre

    dunno whether it's hongkong style.. but i took one pic..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/argent2/56494594/

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore - Whampoa
    Posts
    398

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by argent2
    You can try this dessert place called "Ah Chew's" at Bugis... behind Parco Bugis Shopping Centre

    dunno whether it's hongkong style.. but i took one pic..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/argent2/56494594/

    I think i will go try it out.. hopefully is what I wanted...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore - Whampoa
    Posts
    398

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by seewhy
    I know of 1 on the same row as Hotel81 in the shophouse along Upper Cross street (perpenticular to Eu Tong Seng Road) in chinatown. They sell lots of dessert. Quite good and authentic. Name is "ji de chi" translate to "remember to eat".
    Hmm.. might be this one.. i didn't walk that stretch yesterday.. was trying to find it.. thanks

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    there's a dessert stall just opposite KT along Cross Street. the name is '记得吃'
    heard their 炖蛋 is their specialty, but i haven't tried before, only tried their sesame paste

  14. #14

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    There's a shop selling chinese desserts like 炖蛋 on Liang Seah St (opp Bugis Junction). Forgot the name of the shop but if I'm not wrong it's juz opp 来来牛肉面. Always crowded...
    ~ 迷失的我仍在努力寻找属于自己的蓝天 ~

  15. #15

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    crystal jade at scotts now selling it i think. they got quite a lot of new desserts.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    来来牛肉面

    How about taking chawan mushi instead? Easier to find.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by limkopi
    There's a shop selling chinese desserts like 炖蛋 on Liang Seah St (opp Bugis Junction). Forgot the name of the shop but if I'm not wrong it's juz opp 来来牛肉面. Always crowded...
    It's nice on some days, terrible on others. I have had good and bad ones at this shop. A lot depends on the freshness of the batch you're ordering from.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    quick

    mai tu liao, start a shop selling such desserts

  19. #19

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Quote Originally Posted by k_istDS
    Hi,

    I was looking for Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg, which I had in Hong Kong last year. It was extremely delicious. Its somewhere near Jordon MTR.

    Recently I heard there is a store here in Chinatown, so wonder if anyone know where exactly it is.. I saw it in the newspaper, but it did not mention the address.

    Thanks.
    Wah that one near Jordon! The place name is something like 牛奶公司 right? The people there is farking rude but fwah, the Teh is really steam...

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore - Whampoa
    Posts
    398

    Default Re: Where to Find: Hong Kong Style Steam Milk & Egg

    Thanks you guys..

    eikin was right.. at '记得吃' has what i have been looking.. bought it yesterday.. but bad.. but maybe not as nice as what I had in HK.. Maybe when I ate that it was for Breakfast, and the taste is really fresh, and silky smooth.. and the milk and egg blends very well, thinking of the HK one still make me goes crazy... But at least found one.. Heard the Sesame Paste is very nice too, next time must try... As for the on ein Bugis.. will find time to look for it next week... Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •