Thread: Winter Wear?

Default Winter Wear?

hey guys, anyone know where to get North Face Gore-Tex Jackets? also, any recommendations for waterproof and warm pants?

Default Re: Winter Wear?

?????

Thumbs up Re: Winter Wear?

Shop in Pennisular, 2nd floor...Or check out Ar'teryx at Campers Corner, Capitol Building

why northface?

it does seem that you are prepared to spend and you know what you need. go to Campers Corner, at Stamford Road. GTX products, waterproof products. Consider Marmot and Patagonia products.

Douglas

arcteryx too, yes. do beware of full nylon advertising waterproof gear for your clothing. nylon is not breathable.

so nylon clothing is not advisable? well i thought of northface because i saw one of their jackets before, seems to be that they are built very well!

Shop in Pennisular, 2nd floor...Or check out Ar'teryx at Campers Corner, Capitol Building
    peninsula plaza (CP) or the peninsula hotel shopping centre (with TCW)
    Last edited by maritimus831; 14th November 2005 at 02:12 PM.

North face is a premium brand. You pay abit more for the brand name. I think you can find columbia stuff in singapore quite easily too.

yeah, columbia is in wheelock place right?

i bought original north face goretex from shanghai for $30SGD. confirm + guarantee + chop is original. fantastic jacket.

Where exactly are you going that'll require real honest-to-goodness water-wind-sleet-snow-proof gear anyway? Might want to consider sticking with what you already have and layering-up instead. For warmth you might want to consider getting longjohns or polartec 2-piece underwear, and then just layering up with a sweater and a parka or windcheater. That is, unless you're going trekking in the arctic or something.

Isaiah: haha, patagonia fleece jacket for me from nepal for the equivalent of S$20, confirm + guarantee + chop is original fake... but works as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tingchiyen
    Where exactly are you going that'll require real honest-to-goodness water-wind-sleet-snow-proof gear anyway? Might want to consider sticking with what you already have and layering-up instead. For warmth you might want to consider getting longjohns or polartec 2-piece underwear, and then just layering up with a sweater and a parka or windcheater. That is, unless you're going trekking in the arctic or something.

Isaiah: haha, patagonia fleece jacket for me from nepal for the equivalent of S$20, confirm + guarantee + chop is original fake... but works as well.
    going to shanghai first, then in december going to Canadian Rockies and Whistler mountains.
    wow... i am amazed at this coincidence! i need a jacket (for canada, i have a jacket warm enough for shanghai but not canada), and u got a good yet cheap one from Shanghai!

isaiah: BTW, where did u buy the North Face goretex jacket from? are the cheap (but real) NF jackets easily found (as in found in departmental stores etc.) or do u go to North Face original shop or from camping supplies shop? what train station is the shop near?

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    going to shanghai first, then in december going to Canadian Rockies and Whistler mountains.
    wow... i am amazed at this coincidence! i need a jacket (for canada, i have a jacket warm enough for shanghai but not canada), and u got a good yet cheap one from Shanghai!

isaiah: BTW, where did u buy the North Face goretex jacket from? are the cheap (but real) NF jackets easily found (as in found in departmental stores etc.) or do u go to North Face original shop or from camping supplies shop? what train station is the shop near?
    btw, anyone knows what is the difference between SHELL, SOFT SHELL, and PARKA jackets? not sure which type to get!

Hey, I got my patagonia fleece from nepal too, at S$7 .... confirm+garantee+chop whatever, but has followed me for countless trips...

Quote Originally Posted by tingchiyen
    maritimus831, you could go for some of the China brand outdoor wear...

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    btw, anyone knows what is the difference between SHELL, SOFT SHELL, and PARKA jackets? not sure which type to get!
    it wouldnt matter to you.

get softshelled jackets. they are collapsable into their carriers and are more portable. and as mentioned, layer up with your fleece, longjohns etc.

Douglas

Thumbs up Re: Winter Wear?

I'll be heading to Canada too..heading towards the Rockies and a bit up north to see Auroras. Go to Vancouver, MEC (Mountain Eqt Co-op) to buy jackets. More variety and slightly cheaper too.