Phocus Academy presents
Travel Photography Workshop: Mount Bromo and Cemoro Lawang
Date of Commencement: 29 September 2016 (Thursday)
Pre-trip Briefing; 23 September 2016 (Friday)
Duration: 4 days 3 nights
Venue for briefing: Camera Rental Centre, 32B South Bridge Road
Workshop Fee: S$900/person (min/max 6 participants)
- 23 September 2016: 7:30-8:30pm: Workshop Briefing in Singapore
- 29 September 2016: Depart Singapore
- 29 September 2016: ~ 6pm: Arrive at Cemoro Lawang
- 30 September 2016: Workshop
- 1 October 2016: Workshop
- 2 October 2106: Depart Cemoro Lawang
- 2 October 2016: Arrive at Surabaya Airport (depart for Singapore)
The workshop fees of $900 includes:
- Airport transfer to and from Surabaya Airport and Cemoro Lawang
- All land transport cost during the course of the workshop
- Workshop Fees
- Accommodation (twin sharing) at Cemoro Lawang for 3 nights and 4 days
- Entry fees for Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park
- Horseman Fees
The fees does not include:
- Air Tickets to and from Singapore and Surabaya
- Visa fees (if applicable)
- Insurance (Compulsory)
- Meals and drinks (breakfast is included)
- Personal Expenditures for food and medicines
Participants must bring their own camera (DSLR or mirrorless equivalents with manual controls), laptop with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop installed (we recommend CS4 or later). A 30-day trial for Adobe Lightroom CC is available from Adobe.
A tripod is a must for this workshop. A moderate level of fitness would be required as this workshop involves trekking over short distances and climbing steep slopes. No hiking equipment is needed.
Graduated filters while not mandatory would be nice to have on this workshop.
Go overseas with our instructor and shoot beautiful landscapes on location at Cemoro Lawang and Mt. Bromo. We believe travel photography is more about the travel than about the photography. Rather than fight through crowds of tourists, wed rather spend more time soaking in the culture and getting better pictures by moving in small groups (no more than 6 participants on this workshop) and mingling with the locals. We also make sure you get pictures free of other tourists and annoying distractions.
It is recommended and suitable for serious photographers, as well as aspiring amateurs who have basic working knowledge of their cameras (DSLR, mirror less interchangeable lens cameras and compacts with manual exposure) and looking to take their skills further.
Promotions & Discounts
Bring-a-friend Promotion - $30 off
Bring a friend along and enjoy $30 off your course fee when payment is made together!
Find information on the schedule, activities and further details on our Travel Photography: Mount Bromo page.