Thread: Wireless Transmitter for 5dmk2 and 580exII

Default Wireless Transmitter for 5dmk2 and 580exII

Hi...anyone can recommend a decent third party wireless transmitter for my setup mentioned above to use for strobes?
    5DMk2

Default Re: Wireless Transmitter for 5dmk2 and 580exII

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lam CK View Post
    Hi...anyone can recommend a decent third party wireless transmitter for my setup mentioned above to use for strobes?
    Define $decent.
    It boils down to whether yu just need a trigger and will do the flash power settings manually or you need ETTL capabilities.
    For both you can find several 3rd party brands with their radio triggers, just head down to the usual shops in Funan (as long as it is open) or other places.
    There are starter sets (one sender, one receiver) and you can add receivers later if required.
    EOS

Nowadays the Canon EX flashes can easily be replaced by cheaper 3rd party ones. I'm using the Yongnuo transmitter and manual flash and it exceeds my expectations everytime so much so my bowens has been underused.
    If you insist on Canon the ST-E2 has been a classic and 'decent'

hi thx for the replies...r there any link to view the yongnuo transmitter or any other brands online?
    5DMk2

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lam CK View Post
    hi thx for the replies...r there any link to view the yongnuo transmitter or any other brands online?
    Google has them. Check the vendor site for the types and models, then feed Google with 'yongnuo [model] review'.
    EOS