Thread: Snap shot qns

Default Snap shot qns

Taking still object or landscape can adjust aperture and shutter slowly to get the right exposure. How abt snap shot? Is there aso call general setting for snap shot? verytime I do snap shot is like under or over exposure.

Default Re: Snap shot qns

pre-set modes or program mode.

Could you give some examples of what kind of snapshots you're taking? Would be good if u could post some pics. Else its hard to advise.

i call a picture a snapshot when i can see that no thought has been given to its composition. Whether its under/over-exposed doesn't make it necessarily a snapshot. Shooting at P mode doesn't necessarily make a picture a snapshot either.

For example I saw someone running towards me and I am in Manual mode. Wat do i do? Switch to sport mode and snap? is that the only way?

I don't want to sound crappy not directing this at anyone......but yes there is a special mode for snapshots. It has been done for many decades...

It is call "go-out-and-practice-instead-of-asking-for-a-magic-formula-for-doing-so". When you are talking general snapshot what are you talking? There are so many things that come under that label. A person running past you, a dancer walting past you in a dim lit hall, an excited animated baby in a pram by the glaring pool, a swan in flight, a beautiful lady you see through a reflect window...etc. any and everything happening fast or slow in a moment in time and then it is gone. Are you ready to snap it in time and capture it in with the right mood with the right lens and setting?

What formula is there then your experience hone from practicing and your using your head to quickly react and shoot. How do you think professional or good amateur shoot their shots. Over, under,blurred,shaky,dark,dim,bright,reflective...e tc How to have a special mode for each or all of them in combination?

If you are concern with how well you can anticipate the snapshot or know the ins and outs of your camera ability or limited abilities....go out there and practice shooting. Tons of shooting if you are really do want to be anything more then a sunday photographer. If you need to figure out what your camera can do...read your manual about the modes available and then go out there and experiment. You have to practice till it is like reflex action. How fast you can get your mind to work with what your eyes see. A cheap P&S will not be able to offer you everything to shoot nice snapshot but then again even if you have the expensive Nikon D2X, you still will not be guaranteed of good snapshot left along great shots. Don't believe all the advertisement you see of how advance their cameras are because if the one welding the camera is an idiot..all his shoots will be bad.

Money can buy you the best equipment but it can not buy ability and talent