Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Discussion] Photography service wanted to cover Baby shower event

Default Re: [Discussion] Photography service wanted to cover Baby shower event

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    How about setting up a poll of the minimum prices charged by CS members for various types of services?

There may be some outliers but as long as we get enough big data, the numbers will still make some sense
    each photographers have to do their own homework to know what is their bottom line of doing business. This is important.

what is the point of having a "recommended price" but it is much lower than photographers' bottom line, they can't survive eventually.

but what if the "recommended price" way above your bottom line? what do you have to offer to entice people to hire you?

so it is still come back to each individual photographers need to understand how they should price their works.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

to those who are keen to offer their services for a fee, and new in this business.
    80% of your time and energy will be spending on running a business (marketing, sales and administrative works), less than 20% of your time will be on photography (research, planing. logistic, shooting, post production and etc)
    it is important for you to understand this and make sure your fee has to cover all these, because what most clients and customers only willing to pay for what they see you are actually working on, and very less likely they will want to pay for the time and effort you work on their project which they can't see, it is your job to let them understand this when they make such assumption and question about your fee.

so if yourself don't understand this didn't charge enough to cover the rest of the 80% of your time and energy, sorry to say your business will fail soon, no one can help you.

and if you find running a business is boring, just want to spend more time shooting, than running a photography business is not suitable for you, go get yourself hire as a staff photographer.

if you still want to run a photography business, and reading this..........

stop buying another piece of camera gears, go library to borrow books on marketing, sales, and customers service and read them.

btw, TS is just profiteering on newbies photographers who don't value their works,

it happens all the time,

and clearly not the customer which seasoned photographers want to serve, lets move on.

Default Re: Photography service wanted to cover Baby shower event

Quote Originally Posted by Ponraj Krish View Post
    i donno who you are to judge what requirement someone has to give , I came for Club Snap "Service wanted S" section asking service.not Advice.
    Shameless and rude person.

Don't know why its always the baby shower gang who strikes yearly. There must be some mother baby forums that teaches people to come clubsnap to fish for stupid photographers.

I just got an offer regarding a baby shower. I was asked to be the photographer for a baby shower, and they're looking for sponsorship. That just kinda means free photography services right?

Quote Originally Posted by adrww View Post
    I just got an offer regarding a baby shower. I was asked to be the photographer for a baby shower, and they're looking for sponsorship. That just kinda means free photography services right?
    Hmm, I got the similar request just few a hr ago too . But it for birthday bash.
    It from a Mother group where their baby born at certain month of the year.

Sponsorship = FREE Photography

In return they will "offer" to post ur photos in their site / blog etc to advertise for u and "promote" ur website.

Saw there is a photography company (saw that company name before in CS) in the list when I asked which are retailers that will be sponsoring them.
    Last edited by huatman; 15th July 2016 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALFREDC View Post
    Shameless and rude person.

Don't know why its always the baby shower gang who strikes yearly. There must be some mother baby forums that teaches people to come clubsnap to fish for stupid photographers.
    I also notice its always the baby birthday/bash/shower/whatever groups or requests that comes every now and then to clubsnap to make such requests.The problem is that they feel that is a right thing to do and they are doing you a favor.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Hmm, I got the similar request just few a hr ago too . But it for birthday bash.

In return they will "offer" to post ur photos in their site / blog etc to advertise for u and "promote" ur website.
    There we go again. Over and over again.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

One thinking will have to be, if I spend X, in time, cost, etc in providing sponsorship, what and how I am going to get value out of this deal.

For example, If you sponsor something that cost you $500, if you can get at least $1000 back from it, then you can do it again and again and again... the question is, how do you be creative in structuring a deal that allow you to get value out of it? If you just think about what they want to cheat you, your mind won't work on solution that gives you the win-win.

Its the same as advertising... you pay X amount and you hope to get Y amount and if Y is bigger than X, then its good... it is not about the methods, but about the execution on how to do it...

People who come to my business sharing would already learn this...

Hope the above give you some thoughts...

Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    ok, let's discuss in another thread. I think there should be a sustainable solution otherwise will be forever end up with these requests whether intentional or not, and then getting blasted.
    These kind of requests will be there, and will always come. The key is photographers not falling into the trap of accepting these jobs. Again, reiterating:

1. If you give out raw files, you will 1) be giving up all your copyright evidence, 2) showing customers even all the bad shots, 3) giving up all your future potential income from prints/re-prints/etc
    2. 100-150 for a 3 hour job is pathetic. There is also no mention of transportation nor refreshments. After deducting your taxi rides, etc, you will end up with $100. That comes up to $30 per hour of shooting. If you factor in PP, say 5 hours to do all the PP for all pictures, your per hour rate comes down to $12 per hour. Congrats, you just managed to get paid lower than new high school grad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post

Saw there is a photography company (saw that company name before in CS) in the list when I asked which are retailers that will be sponsoring them.
    Just say no..
    If they still push, then ask them them to show you numbers and statistics from their site and/or ask them to pay upfront, then refund them the fee after you have have enough referrals from them. LOL.

http://www.workmadeforhire.net/deali...from-exposure/
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th July 2016 at 10:25 AM.

deja vu

http://hk-magazine.com/article/insid...g-photographer

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

Just say no..
    If they still push, then ask them them to show you numbers and statistics from their site and/or ask them to pay upfront, then refund them the fee after you have have enough referrals from them. LOL.

http://www.workmadeforhire.net/deali...from-exposure/
    I did ask them want will I get in return. When they reply they will post my work in their blog and social media, I asked them again what will be my expected revenue/income after my work are posted.

Anyway already rejected them (as politely as possible).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123